OOC Chat

Boston 1920: Strange events at 20 Copp’s Hill Terrace have left minds ruined and families shattered. But how believable are such tales as strange figures and moving inanimate objects in our modern age? How readily should we disregard the influence of the otherworldly? After the recent real-life horrors of poison gas and industrialized slaughter, can we give credence to tales of odd visions and supernatural presences?

Investigating 20 Copp’s Hill will prove that we should not dismiss such tales too lightly...

Moderator: HoneyDog

evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Re: OOC Chat

Post by evil_scientist »

"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 6 months

Post by HoneyDog »

That made me laugh! Reminds me of the HoneyDog. Is that from Food of the Gods? I read that book, although I never saw the movie.

Cool! We're done. Thanks for playing. I hope you enjoyed!
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

I have no idea, I stumbled upon it on the Internet, without any caption :lol: It's possible, but as far as I remember, Food of the Gods is in color?

I enjoyed it a lot, thanks! Looking forward to the next game, inform me when you're ready!
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Dunno. The book wasn't ;) .

If you'd like to make some after game comments, please go ahead. I appreciate feedback on what would have improved the mystery in your view.

I'd like to try a new one soon, so I'll be in touch.

Goodnight!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

That was a good read. There's a lot to the scenario you missed, so you might want to play it again some time. Burning down the house probably didn't solve the problem...

I think the movie Food of the Gods was in color. It came out in 1976, I believe, and by then almost every movie was in color (with a few exceptions that were deliberately made in black and white).

When you're ready, let me know by posting here, and I'll move this game to the Hall of Fame.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Thanks Mr. H. Yes, we never got to grips with the big bad. I'm sure he wouldn't be so easy to kill.

In hindsight they were both lucky, even Norman - I don't think they would have survived. This adventure definitely needs more players to increase the chances of success. Still, it was an enjoyable and interesting experience. It took far longer than I thought it would!

I think we're done for now. If I think of a way to resurrect the evil I'll let you know. In the meantime I'll try my hand at something else.
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Mr. Handy wrote:That was a good read. There's a lot to the scenario you missed, so you might want to play it again some time. Burning down the house probably didn't solve the problem...
I liked this ending and it was very satisfactory to me in the way that it's in keeping with the inner logic of the characters. The whole game session was very character-driven, rather than driven by a meta-game motive to find all clues or fight the big baddie we weren't 100% sure existed. :mrgreen:

It would be interesting to try the adventure at some point with characters with a different mindset, dedicated exorcists or occult investigators, or, for example, relatives of people who died in the house (the emotional connection could be an incentive to go on with the investigation instead of just torching the house after the first encounter).
Last edited by evil_scientist on Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Some finding of clues is necessary to avoid searching the house in vain - you're very unlikely to stumble across the horror unless you know exactly where to look.

I think that you're right Evil about the motives of the characters - they really need to have strong reasons to want to see it through to the bitter end. I'll bear that point in mind.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Evil, do you want to roll 1d100 skill checks on Library Use and First Aid? And Credit Rating?

Tabs can roll on Library Use.

Please let me know if I missed anything.
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Yes, those are the skills I've used with success.

Credit Rating, current rating 29%
[dice]0[/dice]

First Aid, current rating 30%
[dice]1[/dice]

Library Use, current rating 33%
[dice]2[/dice]
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

:shock: :cry: :mrgreen: :lol:

Bummer...
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

That's a shame.

Well, like I said I think your credit rating should be higher anyway. Shall we make it 35%?
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Yes, 35% seems more fitting, thanks!
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Actually, didn't you also roll for Occult?
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

I did, but I failed.

Return to “The Haunting”