OOC Chat

Boston 1920: Strange events at 20 Copp’s Hill Terrace have left minds ruined and families shattered. But how believable are such tales as strange figures and moving inanimate objects in our modern age? How readily should we disregard the influence of the otherworldly? After the recent real-life horrors of poison gas and industrialized slaughter, can we give credence to tales of odd visions and supernatural presences?

Investigating 20 Copp’s Hill will prove that we should not dismiss such tales too lightly...

Moderator: HoneyDog

HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 7 months

Re: OOC Chat

Post by HoneyDog »

Feel free to arrive at the office whenever you're ready guys.
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 6 months

Post by evil_scientist »

I have to say, there are advantages to having only two players! I enjoy having time to engage in conversations.
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Post by Tabs »

I agree. Actually I'm torn between progressing the story or having a long imaginary conversation. Are you itching to move on, HoneyDog?

Edit: I bet you are. :)
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Well, this part of the imaginary conversation can't go on for very long, because we know Jordan's office is not far from the restaurant we met at. So for "reality's" sake, I think we can arrive soon. ;)
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

You're obviously enjoying yourselves so I don't want to rush you. I've never been to Boston, in fact I've never been to Lincolnshire, but it is only a short cab ride as far as I can see from the map. There will be time later too for intimate chats I'm sure.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

You meant Boston, Massachusetts?
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Let's have a chat with Mr. Jordan as well, I want to tlearn more about The Haunting! ;)
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Hooray!

I'm sorry though I'm away from home and having to use an IPad, something surely designed by Satan himself, so my posts will be pretty basic. I had some nice pictures for Jordan's office too (sniff).
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Sorry, I'm very exhausted, cannot write concisely today. I'll post tomorrow!
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

OOC:   OOC: I didn't see your post Tabs - maybe they just need to finish up with Jordan first?  

No probs. :)
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

It will probably take you 20 - 30 minutes to get to Copp's Hill in the North End from Downtown, so you an arrive there about 1 pm if you go there directly.

I'll open up a new thread later for when you arrive at the house.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

A Psycho-esque house. Did you Google for it or is it in the scenario?

BTW my Antarctic book came yesterday. I've only read Chapter 1 but it mentions Lovecraft often. Apparently their search for fossils started at the same latitude and longitude as the expedition in At the MoMadness, and in the evening they would read from the book aloud. How cool is that?
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

I got it from Yog-Sothoth.com, the have quite a lot of resources.

Did they find any groovy fossils?
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Tabs wrote:A Psycho-esque house. Did you Google for it or is it in the scenario?

BTW my Antarctic book came yesterday. I've only read Chapter 1 but it mentions Lovecraft often. Apparently their search for fossils started at the same latitude and longitude as the expedition in At the MoMadness, and in the evening they would read from the book aloud. How cool is that?
Awesome :D
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Weird! I've just noticed that I post in present tense, while Tabs uses past for Norman!
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

A premonition of Norman's demise, perhaps...
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Did they find any groovy fossils?
I noted that one paleontologist discovered Giant Penguins.
Weird! I've just noticed that I post in present tense, while Tabs uses past for Norman!
I used to write in present tense. But I'm always trying to improve my grammar by aping the books I read, and 99% of those use past tense, hence why.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Giant penguins would make a great CoC monster. Let's incorporate one into this game.
Spoiler:
Norman wrenches open the window and climbs into the room. He can make out a large, dim shape in the half-light. It seems to be waddling toward him.

“My God” comes the voice of Isadora behind him. “It looks like a p…p…” Suddenly she screams in terror.

Norman turns back towards the shape, his eyes wide in horror. The penguin opens its ravening beak and with a fearsome squawk, plunges it into Norman’s eye, deep into his brain. The blood splatters Isadora’s exquisite turquoise dress, and she faints to the floor. No amount of barbiturates will save her now.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

So, Norman requires some kind of eye protection?
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

"The eyes are the windows to the soul", as Isadora would probably say.

Return to “The Haunting”