Saloon Deck of Louisiana Lady

The Curse of Nineveh is a seven-part campaign for Call of Cthulhu set in London, in the summer of 1925. The investigators find themselves embroiled in the events that surround the return of an expedition from Nineveh and a terrible curse that they brought back with them.

Moderator: Cearlan

Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Saloon Deck of Louisiana Lady

Post by Cearlan »

As the party descend the stairs in single file, the stairs are not wide to admit more than this, you step out and gather at the foot of the stairs. Those more keen-eyed amongst you notice that one of the two nearest doors to you has been forced open and closed again, whilst the other is simply closed There are two other cabin doors further aft and about a dozen or so lead forward. Of the aft cabins, it appears that the door to cabin 16 has been smashed off it's hinges.
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 8 months

Re: Saloon Deck of Louisiana Lady

Post by Victoria Silverwolf »

Tommy holds the crowbar ready, not knowing what waits behind those doors. He moves to the door that was forced open and then closed and tries to open it again.
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

The door opens easily revealing the following gruesome sight. A single, flickering oil lamp casts hesitant shadows across the room. The air is close and heavy with the coppery tang of blood. Slumped to the left side of the bed, in full military uniform bearing the Distinguished Service Order and the Military Cross, are the remains of a young man. His right hand lies at his hip, a Mark VI Webley .455 service revolver in his limp fingers. Much of the left side of his face and most of his brains are sprayed over the wall. The right side of his face is stippled with powder burns.
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Cynthia stays back, keeping an eye on the area.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

Tommy shuts the door quietly. Somehow the idea of suicide disturbs him more than the other violence he's seen.

"Dead man inside," he says to the others. "Not a pretty sight. Has a revolver, if you could use one. I'm not going back in myself."

He waits a moment to collect his nerves, wondering what other horrors they have yet to discover.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I've already got a gun," says Cynthia, "but someone who doesn't have one should take it. Of course, all the guns we've found didn't do the dead people who had them much good. Once that's done, let's try the opposite door. I've got the master key."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 2 months

Post by Cotton »

"I'll go in and bring the gun back out that way no one else will have to see that gruesome sight." Henry steels himself and heads into the room. He will grab the pistol and search the body just in case there is anything useful on it.
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

As Henry searches the body he notices an assortment of charcoal sketches sticking out from under the bed. Some of them are soaked in the unfortunate man's drying blood.
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

Henry will go through the charcoal sketches.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Post by Overlord87 »

Father Mason feels dizzy for a second, as yet more horror adds up to this insane day. "I do not particularly like what I'm about to say, but... we should probably check that one", he points at cabin 16, with the smashed door.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,That is the room we've been searching.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

OOC,Sorry Mr H, the room you are currently searching, with the suicide and sketches in it, is room 14. Room 16 is aft of it and has even more horror in store (Muahahahaha I say twirling my waxed moustache). I'll update the map after these few posts.
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Cynthia gulps. "Yes, you're right," she says. "As soon as we're all back out in the corridor."
OOC,I'm sorry, I thought from the description that it was room 16.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

"No time like the present," Tommy mumbles. "Watch my back, OK?" He moves to room sixteen.
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

As you approach cabin 16 the coppery tang of blood on the air gets stronger. The door has been smashed from its hinges and its splintered remains lie across a carpet tacky with drying blood. The body of a large man is sprawled across one of the beds, his clothes torn open and his skin covered in great scarlet welts.

Blood has splashed the walls, soaked the bed-sheets and sprayed onto the ceiling. The air is thick with the aroma of blood, so thick you can taste it.
All investigators other than Henry,Please make a Sanity roll for 0/1D4 points due to the grisly sight, smell and visceral horror before you.
All investigators,Please make a CON test or leave the room immediately and spend a round vomiting. Henry gets a bonus die due to his profession. Can we all make a medicine or biology roll as you choose.
Those with strong SAN and stomachs,Searching the corpse reveals that it is Donald Winthrop. Concealed in the base of a wardrobe is a small case with the initials D.W. embossed on the lid. Inside is a syringe and some morphine. Also in the case is a photo of an attractive young woman wrapped in a note saying; [color=#FF0000]“We were like the mayflies of spring, my sweet. We danced but briefly but, my, how we soared. Now I must do my duty.”[/color] It is signed, [color=#FF0000]“Emily”[/color]. The notepaper is titled [color=#FF0000]“Gordon Dodd”[/color] as if it were the draft of a poem. The word [color=#FF0000]“bastard”[/color] is written beneath – 137 times. [center][url=http://s255.photobucket.com/user/Cearlan/media/Terror%20on%20the%20Thames/35%20-%20Terror%20on%20the%20Thames%20-%20Donald%20Winthrop_zps1mkitfzy.png.html][img]http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh150/Cearlan/Terror%20on%20the%20Thames/35%20-%20Terror%20on%20the%20Thames%20-%20Donald%20Winthrop_zps1mkitfzy.png[/img][/url] Donald Winthrop - before the attack[/center] Gerald Montgomery’s personal effects, spattered with Winthrop’s blood, comprise a small valise, a change of clothes and a shaving kit. There is nothing of interest amongst his belongings.
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

Spoiler:
san = 50[dice]0[/dice]
This is even worse than what Tommy imagined he would find. It shakes him up badly.

Spoiler:
[dice]1[/dice]
He dashes away from the room in a cold sweat and empties the contents of his stomach everywhere.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Cynthia also rushes out of the room and vomits in a corner.
OOC,Sanity roll (current level 71) for observing the body: [dice]0[/dice] Sanity loss for seeing the body: [dice]3[/dice] CON roll (50% stat) for observing the body: [dice]1[/dice] Medicine roll (1% base skill) about the body: [dice]2[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Post by Overlord87 »

Father Mason remains frozen in place, shocked, murmuring: "Oh no... oh no". He takes a few seconds to fully understand what he's seeing, the horror of the scene. It hits him like a punch in the belly, and he falls to the ground, vomiting and shaking.
Spoiler:
Sanity: 91 (failure)
http://orokos.com/roll/523861

Sanity Loss: 4
http://orokos.com/roll/523862

Constituion: 47 (failure)
http://orokos.com/roll/523863

Medicine: 32 (failure)
http://orokos.com/roll/523865
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

Con roll: 55%

"tens die"
[dice]0[/dice]

"bonus die"
[dice]1[/dice]

"ones die"
[dice]2[/dice]
OOC:   So If I understand the bonus die rules I rolled a 35.  
Medicine: 70%
[dice]3[/dice]
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Henry,Yeah, that looks about right to me. You just about manage to keep your nerve and as an aside I'll give you a bonus (partly your medical roll) that the amount of blood present is way too much for the exsanguination of one body. This might allow you to have the idea that as the body on the bed was 'dosed up' with morphine, this might have caused the creature responsible to vomit it's feeding up to this point over the room.
The blood soaked cabin lies behind you all now, unless anyone wishes to investigate further of course.
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh

Return to “The Curse of Nineveh”