Everyone II

The Curse of Nineveh is a seven-part campaign for Call of Cthulhu set in London, in the summer of 1925. The investigators find themselves embroiled in the events that surround the return of an expedition from Nineveh and a terrible curse that they brought back with them.

Moderator: Cearlan

Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Re: Everyone II

Post by Overlord87 »

Father Mason looks up at the flare shot by Henry. "I hope help is on its way, but we should also take into account the possibility that no one will see the signal and that we will have to save ourselves. We should keep firing flares regularly, though, maybe one every ten minutes or so. How many do we have?"
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 8 months

Post by Victoria Silverwolf »

"Good thinking. Lead on."
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 2 months

Post by Cotton »

Henry responds to Father Mason, "We only have five left. That young man, Tommy, he suggested saving them to use as a weapon, and I'm inclined to agree. There is something very wrong here."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We should only fire off a flare into the distance if we know there's someone out there to see it." says Cynthia. "If there was nobody to see the first flare, there probably wouldn't be anyone to see the second. But if there was, and they get close enough, it could help them find and rescue us. Let's get to the Captain's cabin and see what we can find." She heads back that way with the others.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

Henry will follow Cynthia's lead. "Thats a good point. I just hope this fog lets up soon."
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Father Mason follows the rest of the group back inside.
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by Cearlan »

You all reach the outside of the Captain's cabin which is still open as you had left it. On the bed lies a locked iron box which was under the bed, it can be opened with one of the keys off Blunden's corpse.

Inside is a handgun (a loaded Enfield Mk1 with twelve rounds of spare ammunition; 1D10+2)
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I've already got the pistol we found earlier," says Cynthia. "Someone who knows how to use it should take this one. Then we can check out those other locked cabins."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

"I can't say I've had much experience", says Henry "but I'll take the pistol just in case." If there are no objections, Henry will grab the revolver and pocket the spare ammunition. He hopes not to have to use it.
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

There is nothing else of interest in the Captain's cabin. Where are you going next?
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Which of the cabins that we've already tried are locked?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Mr. Handy wrote:]OOC,Which of the cabins that we've already tried are locked?
OOC:   You all woke up in Cabin A, Went into Cabin B and the Captain's cabin. Tommy searched cabin 9 on the deck below while everyone else was busy with Yvonne Forbes-Pennington on the Lower Viewing Deck. All the others you have tried were locked.  
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Let's try the cabin across the hall from the captain's," says Cynthia, pointing at cabin E. "It's right here, and it's a big one, so there may be something important in there. I'll try the key."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

The door is locked but opens easily with the key. The room is tidy and organised. The scant personal effects of James Blunden, Albert Colyer and George Thornton, are stowed in the two wardrobes. A copy of Edgar Rice Burroughs’ Gods of Mars (A. C. McClurg, 1918) is on one of the bunks.

Seven robes bearing the same embroidery as those in Crew Cabin A are folded in two piles at the bottom of one of the wardrobes. Four are of similar quality to those you have already found. Three are much richer, however, and the finer embroidery makes it clear that it is a mouth, and not a lidless eye, in the palm of each scarlet hand.

As the investigators search the wardrobes they will find a worn pea coat. Inside is a letter from Cunliffe to Blunden (see below), explaining the need to assemble a crew for The Louisiana Lady from among the ‘Disciples’.
[Blunden – 19th June, 1920
It’s done. Dawson and his men will be too sick to crew the riverboat. I need you to assemble the Disciples. Only those you trust, mind, especially those with river experience. Grant’s crew is fifteen strong. We could run the ship with a dozen at the least. Try and get fifteen. No one else is to know of this. These men will be my Chosen. They will go out to our acolytes across the city and tell them of the great work I have done. Transformed, she will be magnificent. Our lord will – must – answer this time. There will be no more ignominy. I will rise, and you will rise with me, Blunden. I will return to Liverpool and I will sweep him from his perch and the Disciples of the Scarlet Palm will writhe and lust and scream before me. There will be no atrocity left unknown to us.

I will meet you and your ‘crew’ in the usual place on the 20th. Tell Gough to bring the mandrake. Remind him that there must be enough for twenty-five: the perfect symbolic square, the square of the sum of man and woman.
William]

OOC:   Any investigator in the room, make a Spot Hidden roll.  
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Cynthia notices something else in the cabin.
OOC,Spot Hidden roll (55% skill) in the cabin: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

Henry carefully searches the room for more clues.

spot hidden: 55%
[dice]0[/dice]
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

While the others look around the room, Father Mason focuses his attention on the letter. As he reads, he feels a chill down his spine. They have fallen right into the madness of a group of deranged lunatics.
Occult,63: a success http://orokos.com/roll/501983 I'll see if anything in the letter rings a bell.
bzr101
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 10 years 6 months

Post by bzr101 »

Albert, after a rather lengthy watch, slowly goes back down the stairs and continues listening.
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 8 months

Post by Victoria Silverwolf »

"A ship full of madmen and none to be found," Tommy says. "We've got to find out where they are, or" -- pausing to gulp a bit -- "where more victims are. Let's try that key on the other cabins, one by one, standing by with weapons. If the key doesn't work, I've got this crowbar."
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Result of Spot Hidden,In a worn peacoat the following note is hidden inside a concealed pocket. It is a copy of the amended crew roster. [url=http://s255.photobucket.com/user/Cearlan/media/Terror%20on%20the%20Thames/06%20-%20Terror%20on%20the%20Thames_zpsmrkrbxa8.png.html][img]http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh150/Cearlan/Terror%20on%20the%20Thames/06%20-%20Terror%20on%20the%20Thames_zpsmrkrbxa8.png[/img][/url]
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh

Return to “The Curse of Nineveh”