Everyone

The Curse of Nineveh is a seven-part campaign for Call of Cthulhu set in London, in the summer of 1925. The investigators find themselves embroiled in the events that surround the return of an expedition from Nineveh and a terrible curse that they brought back with them.

Moderator: Cearlan

bzr101
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 10 years 6 months

Re: Everyone

Post by bzr101 »

Albert sips his martini slowly and continues to examine the paintings.
Spoiler:
Spot Hidden[dice=string]0[/dice] Spot Hidden (55%) (27/11). Hard is 27%
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 2 months

Post by Cotton »

[dice]0[/dice]
Spot hidden: 55%

Seeing that no one is in any immediate danger, Henry gladly excepts a drink.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Just a moment," says Cynthia to Tommy. She glances nervously at the river, then sits down next to Christine. "You're quite welcome, and you may call me Cynthia. What did you think you saw in the water?"
OOC,Hard Spot Hidden roll (55 / 2 = 27% skill) on the deck: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Post by Overlord87 »

Father Mason remains on the deck, chatting with Henry, picking up from where they were interrupted earlier. "And where did you study medicine, Henry?"
Spoiler:
http://orokos.com/roll/471371
Father Mason fails the Spot Hidden roll.
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by Cearlan »

Passed Spot Hidden rolls,Those that passed notice that Josephine Shawcross and Albert Rhodes both furtively leave the dinning room and head upstairs - a couple of minutes apart. [url=http://s255.photobucket.com/user/Cearlan/media/Terror%20on%20the%20Thames/34%20-%20Terror%20on%20the%20Thames%20-%20Josephine%20Shawcross_zpsavzqdjbc.png.html][img]http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh150/Cearlan/Terror%20on%20the%20Thames/34%20-%20Terror%20on%20the%20Thames%20-%20Josephine%20Shawcross_zpsavzqdjbc.png[/img][/url] [url=http://s255.photobucket.com/user/Cearlan/media/Terror%20on%20the%20Thames/33%20-%20Terror%20on%20the%20Thames%20-%20Albert%20Rhodes_zpsv39u1zzp.png.html][img]http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh150/Cearlan/Terror%20on%20the%20Thames/33%20-%20Terror%20on%20the%20Thames%20-%20Albert%20Rhodes_zpsv39u1zzp.png[/img][/url]
Cynthia,I ... I thought I saw my dear departed Lucius floating in the water, but it's like Alistair says, it must have been my overwrought imagination
Inside,The man;s seizure seems to be abating fairly quickly, but not before Alistair Campion-Reeves enters and knee;s down beside him and loosens his tie. Those inside will probably be able to see strange marks encircling his neck, probably tattoos.
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 8 months

Post by Victoria Silverwolf »

Spoiler:
Looks like two lovebirds off on a rendezvous. None of my business. Still, it won't hurt to see if anybody else sneaks upstairs. Two's company, three or more might be a conspiracy.
Deciding to say nothing about what he saw, Tommy waits by Cynthia's side.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, you're probably right," says Cynthia, relieved that it wasn't what she had feared. "Please excuse me, and take care of yourself." She walks with Tommy back to the dance floor. "Did you notice that couple sneaking upstairs?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

"Well, I have to admit I did," Tommy says. "Shipboard romance, I suppose. Not that this is the Mauretania or anything." He pauses for a moment, eager to change the subject. "It doesn't seem that you're particularly fond of the water. I hope this trip isn't too unpleasant for you."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you, I'm fine," says Cynthia. "I do like the water, and I love to swim. I was just afraid of what might have been in the water after I heard her scream about it. Silly of me, really."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Tommy and Cynthia,You both return to the dinning room and see someone on the floor being helped up to his feet and guided over to a chair by Alistair Campion-Reeves.
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

Chap looks sick.

"Need any help, sir?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Is there anything we can do for you?" asks Cynthia. "Do you need a doctor? I think there's one here somewhere."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

"No, no I'll be alright thank you, just a bit overworked is all I think, thank you for your concern though. I really feel such a fool." Walter looks abashed.
Campion-Reeves catches your eye and nods towards Walter's neck where a circle of tattoos sits just above his loosened collar.
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

Well that's odd. Doesn't look much like a sailor. The other bloke seems to know something about it. I'll have to catch him sometime and ask him about it. No reason to raise a fuss now.

"All right, then. Just take it easy." He dares to take Cynthia by the arm. "Shall we go back and enjoy the music?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, let's," says Cynthia. She allows Tommy to lead her back to the dance floor.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 2 months

Post by Cotton »

Henry continues to chat with Father Mason

"I began my studies at the University of London but attended Cambridge while earning my medical degree. What about you, Father, where did you attend for your theological studies?"
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

The sun sinks below the horizon at just after twenty past nine and tendrils of a light fog begin to appear over the water as the temperature starts to drop

The rest of the journey to Coalhouse Fort at Tilbury passes without further incident and the riverboat anchors, set for an all night party. The band stops playing and Thaddeus Grant steps into the Dining room.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, please give it up for my good friends The Driskill Mountain Jazz Band. We have arrived at the anchorage point and the fireworks display that have been readied for your delectation and delight will begin shortly. If you want to get dressed in more suitable clothing for the outside then please take the opportunity now and if we meet on either the Upper Sun Deck or either of the two viewing decks, though the former would present the best spectacle. See you all in say, twenty minutes?"
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Post by Overlord87 »

Cotton wrote:Henry continues to chat with Father Mason

"I began my studies at the University of London but attended Cambridge while earning my medical degree. What about you, Father, where did you attend for your theological studies?"

"Oh, the University of London! I have been studying there for a few years now. One or two days each week, mostly improving my knowledge of Greek and Latin, you see, since i got moved to Barkham, near London. I practically forced my bishop to let me continue my studies. Couldn't live without", Father Mason says smiling.
Cearlan wrote: "Ladies and Gentlemen, please give it up for my good friends The Driskill Mountain Jazz Band. We have arrived at the anchorage point and the fireworks display that have been readied for your delectation and delight will begin shortly. If you want to get dressed in more suitable clothing for the outside then please take the opportunity now and if we meet on either the Upper Sun Deck or either of the two viewing decks, though the former would present the best spectacle. See you all in say, twenty minutes?"
After hearing that, Father Mason says: "Well, I'm going to get my coat, perhaps we can meet again later on the Upper Sun Deck?".
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Cynthia applauds for the jazz band. "That sounds swell," she says, turning to Tommy. "If you'll excuse me, I need to go change. See you on the Upper Sun Deck in twenty minutes?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

"I'll be waiting with baited breath, as the cat said while it sat by the mousehole with a piece of cheese in its mouth." Tommy offers a grin and heads back to his stateroom to grab a halfway decent jacket.

Didn't think she'd even know a word like 'swell.' Good American slang. Mighty nice girl all around.

On his way back he stops for a moment to speak to Albert.

"Pyrotechnics comin' up soon. Should be right up your alley. By the way, mate, you wouldn't have a spare boutonniere or some such to lend a lad, would you? Got a date with a lady."

Return to “The Curse of Nineveh”