Cynthia - introductory thread

The Curse of Nineveh is a seven-part campaign for Call of Cthulhu set in London, in the summer of 1925. The investigators find themselves embroiled in the events that surround the return of an expedition from Nineveh and a terrible curse that they brought back with them.

Moderator: Cearlan

Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Cynthia - introductory thread

Post by Cearlan »

You are hurriedly shown to your cabin where by a taciturn, somewhat shabby looking crewman, who despite his wearing immaculately tailored uniform - well there is something about it that just isn't right. That's it! It is so ill fitting; it's as though it had been made for someone else. You hurriedly unpack, taking care special with your clothes, ensuring that your best clothes are all hung up nicely in the wardrobe and the rest of your clothes folded and stored neatly in your chest of drawers.
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Melissa - introductory thread

Post by Cearlan »

When George passed your trunk to the crewman, you couldn't help but notice that the fact that he looked shabby and the uniform, although immaculately tailored, was so obviously not tailored for this ne'er do well. However, having tried to cut the ice with Cunliffe and rebuffing Blunden, you are shown to your cabin where you put your clothing away hurriedly.
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: Cynthia - introductory thread

Post by Mr. Handy »

Curiouser and curiouser, thinks Cynthia about the steward's ill-fitting clothes. Once she has finished putting everything away in her cabin and is settled in, she ventures out into the hall to see if Melissa is ready.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Re: Cynthia - introductory thread

Post by Cearlan »

You exit your cabin and make to move towards Melissa's cabin. As you turn your head you can see down the corridor a young man outside someone's cabin. You just manage to catch him saying something about needing to enter the cabin for privacy before your eyes meet for the briefest of moments. Not wishing to eavesdrop you face Melissa's cabin door and knock, hoping she is in.
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 11 months

Re: Melissa - introductory thread

Post by CrackheadC. »

Melissa passes a pound note into the hand of George and then to the crewman who leads her to her room. "Use this to get that nice uniform re-tailored when you are next off ship, currently it looks a bit like a father's suit on his child."

Melissa quickly puts her clothes away, but leaves the larger items within her trunk. Before heading out to Cynthia's room, she takes a moment to touch up any hairs that may have fallen out of place in the dock air.
OOC,Just a note, was it George or the unnamed crewman that was represented by that picture?
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

OOC,The picture was the crewman - George is not part of the scenario, other than where you brought him in.
As you open the door you see Cynthia in the frame of the door. She is looking down the corridor and is obviously just about to knock on your door.
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

OOC,Alright, I was just checking.
"Cynthia, darling!" Melissa wraps her arms around tall ginger in an embrace, "Come on in, welcome to my humble - and I do mean humble - abode." Melissa moves her large trunk from the bed to the floor and sits on the trunk, in a rather unladylike manner, but she offers the bed to her friend instead. "This will be some party won't it? I do hope that they pay a little more attention to the details of the festivities than the crewmen pay to their clothing." She smiles deviously.
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

As you enter Melissa's cabin, you think you hear footsteps coming down the hall but it is so good to see Melissa once again.
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

ooc,Is cynthia in this thread now or am I in her thread?
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Re: Cynthia and Melissa

Post by Cearlan »

Cynthia heads on into Melissa's cabin and as she does so, you both hear the muffled sounds of the jazz band tuning up their instruments and the crew casting off adding to the noise of the boilers taking up the strain and the paddle groaning into life as the boat moves away from the pier with a gentle roll. You check your watch and see that it is 7:45 precisely.
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

OOC:   Just going to cross-post my last post from my intro thread  
"Cynthia, darling!" Melissa wraps her arms around tall ginger in an embrace, "Come on in, welcome to my humble - and I do mean humble - abode." Melissa moves her large trunk from the bed to the floor and sits on the trunk, in a rather unladylike manner, but she offers the bed to her friend instead. "This will be some party won't it? I do hope that they pay a little more attention to the details of the festivities than the crewmen pay to their clothing." She smiles deviously.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Cynthia hugs her friend back, then sits down on the bed and crosses her legs. "Thank you, Melissa," she says. "Oh, yes, I noticed that too. The steward who showed me to my cabin's clothes clearly didn't fit him, though they were impeccable. It's as if he were wearing someone else's uniform. And there's something else odd. When I came out into the corridor just now, I saw a young man outside one of the cabins, saying he needed to enter it for privacy. It all seems rather odd!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

"Well, what can you expect from something an American runs? Apparently they don't run a very tight ship." Melissa adjusts herself on the luggage trunk, "What do you mean a man trying to enter a cabin for privacy? Like he is not a guest or was he sharing a room? I should hope I don't need to lock my room on a boat!"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I don't know what he meant," says Cynthia. "What he said didn't make any sense. That's what's so odd about it. Maybe he's a thief, or maybe he was just eavesdropping, I don't know."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

"Sounds to me like you were the eavesdropper" Melissa teases. "So shall we go to the top deck? I think there were supposed to be fireworks involved with the departure."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Cynthia laughs. "I wasn't listening at a door or anything," she says. "I just happened to see him down the corridor when I stepped out of my room. The fireworks don't start until ten, but we may as well go up on deck and meet the other passengers." She springs up and leads the way back out to the hall.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

"Sure you weren't," Melissa stands up, "Ten o'clock? Hmph, maybe I should have read that letter more closely, but yes, let's see what the rest of the ship has to offer. Can't be wallflowers forever of course!" Melissa follows Cynthia out of the cabin to the hall.
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

You walk down the corridor and descend to where the reception area is you can see two men in front of you as a lot of people are entering the dining room. The two men in front of you are;-
Tommy Jackson; and

Albert Spenser
OOC:   Cynthia, You think you recognise Tommy from his visits to the Library - or would you say you would know him?  
Beyond the two men you can see some of the other guests filing into the dining room, and although the photos below are not extensive, there are some examples below;-

and

You both hear footsteps behind you descending the stairs.
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Cynthia glances back to see who's going down the stairs, then faces forward again. "Mr. Jackson!" she calls to Tommy. "Fancy meeting you here."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper