Investigator Creation

The Curse of Nineveh is a seven-part campaign for Call of Cthulhu set in London, in the summer of 1925. The investigators find themselves embroiled in the events that surround the return of an expedition from Nineveh and a terrible curse that they brought back with them.

Moderator: Cearlan

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: Investigator Creation

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'm ready and eager too. I was just waiting to find out what the effects of my Mythos Experience are.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
bzr101
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 10 years 6 months

Post by bzr101 »

I'm ready and wanting to play!
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by Cearlan »

Mr. Handy wrote:I'm ready and eager too. I was just waiting to find out what the effects of my Mythos Experience are.
I reckon that a level of either 1D8+2 or 1D6+4 Mythos would be appropriate - the latter should give a better 'average,' but you choose. Adjust your Maximum sanity (and sanity if a believer) accordingly.

Due to your experience at the beach, you should also add two of the following to the investigator’s backstory: Injury/Scar, Phobia/Mania or Encounter with Strange Entity associated with Mythos experience. (possibly hydrophobia, limnophobia or ichthyophobia - again- your choice)

Spells (only if a believer - see what you mythos score is first).
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Cthulhtu Mythos gain/Maximum and current Sanity loss:
[dice]0[/dice]

I'll take Icthyophobia and Encounter with Strange Entity (Deep One). I will be a believer. I've updated my character sheet.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

@ Mr. Handy

Right - well done - a good solid roll there. Due to your working where you do, I reckon that you have come across, (at least), the following three books;-

Gaston le Fe's "Dwellwers in the Deep" (San loss 1D8);
Olaus Magnus’ Historia de Gentibus Septentrionalibus (Rome, 1555) ; (San Loss 1D6); and, of course;
the rare 14th Century Middle English version of the "Cthaat Aquadingen". (San Loss 2D4):

From these tomes, each of which you had to really push just to get access to, despite your position in the library, and your relationship with J.P. Gilson, who has taken you under his wing, you have managed to come across two rituals devoted to some sort of hideous beings that must surely be the creatures that attacked you. (JP Gilson is the manuscript librarian at the British Museum). (Treat the spells as rituals, for we all know magic simply cannot exist - but then again, can these creatures really exist???);

Covenant of the Deep; and
Contact the mother of the seas

There are others that may or may not be rituals, but you have not made the links - if such links actually exist that is.
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Thanks, I'm all set now. I take it I have no idea what these are supposed to do beyond their names.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Mr. Handy wrote:I take it I have no idea what these are supposed to do beyond their names.
Like I said - magic cannot exist so you possibly view these as something akin to Pagan rituals. Doubtful if you studied them in any greater detail than the rest of the tomes, more for curiosity value than anything else perhaps? Highly improbable that any of it would have been committed to memory, but you have a rough idea where the rituals were in the books.
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh

Return to “The Curse of Nineveh”