Act 1: The Dam Under 3 Veils

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Act 1: The Dam Under 3 Veils

Post by Dave Syrinx »

TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Re: Act 1: The Dam Under 3 Veils

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Still at Nellis Air Force Base, Strike Force Ironfist is being briefed in an off to the side hangar.
Five recruits are shuffling to get the folding chairs to remain stabe and in position.

At a podium, a rep from a government agency is fiddling with a wad of papers. Two suits of power army are suspended in maintenance frames next to the podium. They are in grey camouflage.
steamworkshop_webupload_previewfile_193526308_preview.jpg
"Gentlemen, and ladies, ehm... soldiers. We at Vault Tech Military Bureau are happy to announce that you've been selected to reinforce our American troops at Three Gorges Dam far from the Nanjing fortified dams. We plan to take down all the dams leading up to Nanjing and have the Nanjing fall as the last spike in the chest for the Red Army. This will be happening while other teams are attacking from the east, of course. You will have plans provided and ample explosives at hand. You will be trying out those T51b suits of titanium armor on display here." He points at the suits hanging next to him.

"So, are you excited as I am, fellas?" He corrects his glasses and produces a notepad.

TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 7 months

Post by HelplessBystander »

Anna was still disoriented from being de-thawed so recently, since she still hasn't gotten her bearings yet, she blearily mumbled something along the lines of what he said.
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Sir, yes, sir!" bellows Joe Sullivan, wearing his eagerness on his sleeve and smiling a huge toothy grin. "Let's kick some Chinese butt! Yeah!!!" He raises his fist straight up into the air. He isn't sure whether he is more excited to be getting a suit of Power Armor or getting to go into action. The two kind of blend together, anyway.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mister Ginge
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 6 years 11 months

Post by Mister Ginge »

Jack hit the bar last night and maybe a few of the clientele. He can't quite remember.

Cringing at the noise issuing from Joe Sullivan and the general lack of fluids in this place, he looks at the titanium suits hoping he doesn't throw up in one of those things.

He can't even muster a mumble, but manages a bit of a wave.
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

“Uh, I hate to sound like an idiot, but, um, where am I, exactly?” Anna sad, raising her hand timidly as she looked around with a startled expression at the technology she did not recognise being littered around her.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

THE CURRENT TIME

2075 New Year's Day

17:25

Nellis Air Force Base

A sergeant steps up from the sidelines and calrifies: "We're at Nellis Air Force Base, Nevada, Southwest Commonwealth, mam."
She takes a step back and is out of the picture as quickly as she appeared.

The Vault Tech Rep is correcting his glasses once more. "You are the specimens we need to send to the drop zone to get the job done, I'm told. I'm not fully cleared for the specifics, I only need to get your signatures to get you on board on the shuttle. You've been retrieved from various locations and your credentials have been measured. You will have our gratitude and we will set up funds to cover your risk and time as well as the tariff value of your services. Just write down your credit zips on those 10H/4 documents and you will be covered."

The lights go out and the hangar is pitch black. Only a humming from the power armors can be heard and a slight flicker of white light from the eye sockets. Also, a few lit-up dials can be seen on a work bench further in the hangar.

"Lights, someone!" A voice, calls out, in an irritated tone, testifying this is not the first time this happens.

The folding chair under Jack gives way and he barely keeps his balance.

In the dark commotion, the Vault Tech Rep says, "No alarm, fellas and gals. This is under control. My name is Buster McNamarra and things will be just hunky dory in a jiffy."

In the dark, you hear another female voice chime in: "Nora Mariz, Sir. This is whacko, for sure. I'm not signing any documents for you two bit fakes. Shine the light to where I can leave. I have serious business to tend to."
This should be one of the crew members furthes to the right in the row of folding chairs. If Anna remembers correctly she had been wearing a field uniform with a red cross against a white patch. The last member of the assembled team, is a mechanic who has been quiet so far.

Within two seconds, a flashlight is lit and catches Vault Tech McNamarra in its arc. "Eh, darn. Excuse the mishap yall. Are there any questions?"

(The actual spot for the hangar is next to the water tank north of Sunrise Mountain)
TVblog

HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

"Um...uh, I don't have any." Anna mumbled, as she filled out the forms and wanted to see what happens next. Her memories were blurry: a cryonics tanks; doctors and surgeons, she assumed; and a radioactive wasteland pressed against her mind in a disjointed clamour.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Joe quickly scrawls his John Hancock on the document without even bothering to read it. "When do we leave, sir?" he asks.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mister Ginge
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Mister Ginge »

"How much are we getting paid for this job? I don't come cheap bud."

Jack has a lot of gambling debts to pay off..
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"The reward is to be one of the few who saved the world from the red flood. That's payment enough for any true American. We will make sure all your withsatnding debts are payed in full and your pension will be forwarded to your next of kin, should you fail to return from the mission." McNamarra syas theatrically. Behind him, a man clears his throat and takes a step into the arc of light as the hangar lights flicker to life again.

"What this civilian is saying is that you will be covered from and historical debts and any upcoming debt in the future, up to 2 Million American Dollars." The man is wearing a red version of the power armor and is wielding a large spanner.

"Ehem... This is Major Hicks, he's in charge of the shuttle you're taking." McNamarra explains as he backs away from the podium leaving space for the larhger marine major.

In the back of her mind, Anna contemplates her own reality and what had been told to her during the thawing. When prepping for the deep sleep, she'd been told thar she'd most certainly would wake up to a wasteland of an atomic winter. This, however didn't correlare to that. The machinery and electronics outside defied that outcome. The landscaped is barren, alright. But must be standard for Nevada, for sure.
TVblog

Mister Ginge
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Mister Ginge »

"Say no more and God bless America!" says Jack, signing on the dotted line.
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

Anna sighed, and prepared to adjust to the harsh new world in front her. She had doubted she'll be at the frontier of anything in her lifetme, but somehow, there she is.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"God bless America," sings Joe in a loud, boisterous voice, "land that I love,
Stand beside her and guide her
Through the night with a light from above:
From the mountains, to the prairies,
To the oceans, white with foam,
God bless America, my home, sweet home.
God bless America, my home, sweet home."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

Anna mumbled along with the song, and as she wasn't American, she felt she could be excused for being that little bit unenthusiastic about the whole thing.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Nora Mariz shifts her feet after the whole anthem thing and says, "We'll get to know eachother on the way there, right?" The comment is to the entire crew but seems directed more closely to the mechanic at the end.

Awaiting all to sign the papers, McNamarra scurries away after his duties are done, leaving Hicks in charge.
The Major waves an armored arm to show the way. As the crew passes by he shakes each and every one in the team.

At the end of the hangar sits a shuttle painted in stealth grey colour. A blcoky texture that allows it to be evasive to RADAR signals. "Enjoy the three hour jump, team!" Major Hicks bellows from the rear. The team of six, including Hicks, but excluding the two pilots of the shuttle, leaves the aircraft half full. In the central loading bay, plastic containers marked with numbers contain various equipment needed for the mission. A flag is mounted on a wall dividing the cockpit from the seating benches with belts fitted along the length of the shuttle, says STRIKE FORCE IRON FIST.

"Man, I didn't bring my tooth brush." The mechanic complains with a wicked smile.
TVblog

HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

Anna's hands stinged with mild discomfort. It turns out that shaking with an already stocky man within a powered mech-suit isn't exactly the most comfortable experience. She examined her assigned equipment and hopped into a relatively comfortable looking seat that wasn't covered in crust and dust.
Mister Ginge
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Mister Ginge »

Jack settles into his seat, wishing he was piloting this thing himself. He's not a good passenger.

He looks around at his fellow crew, winking at Anna. 'Wow, what a dame!' he thinks to himself, before pulling his cap over his eyes for some shut-eye.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You'll just have to take a toothbrush from a dead Chinese, then," says Joe. "I'm Joe Sullivan."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

"I'm Anna. P-practising Psychiatrist with a M.D. in the medicines. I'm here to serve, I s-suppose. Enjoy the ride" Anna stuttered a bit. Nervous to be around these people. She was sure a few them could be considered to be a bit too...zealous.

Return to “The Yangtze Campaign”