Making Movies [1920s]

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
Lammomedes
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Making Movies [1920s]

Post by Lammomedes »

My current game (The Season of Our Discontent) is coming closer and closer to the end. By Xmas it should come to its final denouement and wrap itself up. As I am currently reading the LA sourcebook, I was thinking of running an adventure set in and around 1920s Los Angeles, involving a film crew and actors sent out to the deserts of southern California to film a talkie western. The investigators would all be members of the crew (stuntmen, cameramen, soundmen, gaffers, etc) or actors (and an actress or two). The director and producer would be NPCs. The film "Shoot Out at Sagebrush Valley" is one of the first sound westerns, and filming would start in January 1928.

The game itself would start in late December 2007 or early January 2008.

Is there any interest? The game could probably handle as many as 6-8 players. If you are interested, what would you rather play, film crew or actors/actresses?

Matt
Lammomedes
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: Making Movies [1920s]

Post by Lammomedes »

Hmm a number of views, not as many nibblers. I'll keep the idea alive, but perhaps run with a second idea in a while once I have worked up the premise more completely.

Matt
jenny_dreadful
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Re: Making Movies [1920s]

Post by jenny_dreadful »

I think it's quite interesting. That said, I'd think it was even more interesting if it weren't a western--more old Hollywood glamour!

Return to “... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game”