The Condemned (Was: Edge of Darkness -- New Keeper)

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Re: The Condemned (Was: Edge of Darkness -- New Keeper)

Post by amarriner »

I haven't forgotten about this game. I just want to wait a bit longer to see if there are others interested and see how Oath and Zombie's games go and if they'll have time to play this one, too. So it might have to wait until after the holidays, but we'll see. It all depends on how the players feel and how many we get. :)
the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
Dondero
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Dondero »

Hi there

I've just registered on here today...I'm currently playing in "The Haunting" on another PbP, so I'm familiar with 6th Edition BRP rules and the 1920s scenario, etc.

Just let me know when you're looking to start, I'd be very interested!

Many thanks
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

Great, welcome aboard! As I said in the previous post, it might be a few weeks, but I'll definitely give you a spot! Thanks!

That means we should have a solid 3-4 players which should be perfect. I'll send out PMs just before we'll get ready to start and post here to make sure everyone is still in. I'm looking forward to it.
the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
Samuel
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Samuel »

Hi, newly registered and looking for a game, I'd love to join yours. I haven't played Cthulhu in years, but played consistently through the '90s. I also used to run Stormbringer/Elric, so I think I can pick up the rules again with no problem.
I have never done the PbP thing, so I'll be checking out some of the other games to see how the logistics work.
I like the sound of the scenario description, and your enthusiasm and persistence tells me this should be a fun time.
If I can get in, let me know what your start date is looking like (obviously after the Holidays).

-Samuel
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

Hi Samuel,
Welcome aboard! Yeah, I'd definitely still like to give this a shot. I think I'll give it one more week until we're after the new year and then see if we can get this thing started up.

So far, people who've said they're (possibly) interested are:
Samuel
OathinBlood
Zombiedla
Dondero
FalafelKing
Greene

I'll post here probably next Wednesday and will also send PMs to all those people seeing who is still around and interested in this game. If we still have at least 3-4 people then we'll get started! The character generation step will take a bit of time so the actual adventure probably won't start right away, but hopefully in a week or so we'll be getting things in motion.
Riotopsys
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by Riotopsys »

is their room for a late comer?
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

Of course! I suspect that not all the players will still want to play so I'm sure there's room. As I mentioned in the above thread, I'll be posting here and PMing everyone interested in about a week to see how many confirmed players we have and then we'll get started.

I'll reiterate here (as well as in next week's message) that I'm a newbie keeper so keep that in mind before you confirm. ;) Just to be sure everyone knows what they're getting in to ...
Samuel
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Samuel »

No worries about a new keeper, just take your time on descriptions and on decisions. The worst thing you could do is react without careful consideration. I think that is the nice thing about this style of play, we all have more time to consider the situation and, more importantly, consider what our characters will do (in character).
I like the premise of the story, and am looking forward to a good investigation.
On characters: Are you wide open on what we want to make, or do you need a certain set/types for this? I am in the mood to play another lawyer, my English Lawyer made it all the way through Masks, beginning to end, and survived the climax (won't say what it is) with most of his sanity in tact. The keeper and I then used all the wealth and books and artifacts to set up a foundation at a sanitarium we cleaned early on to get therapy for the lost souls who dropped on the way (like my hobo with a n APP of 3, we decided he got beat up by a railroad inspector). On a side quest in England I was retained as a lawyer for the daughter of a VERY wealthy family (she had some "problems"), so with the retainer and some successful rolls, I got her mostly out of trouble, and the family funded the foundation. The keeper loved it, as he now had a ready-made adventure starting point (new recruits sent out from there, and others picked up as friends, etc.). Made his job easier, and we played away many a night until dawn, and it was easy to call the foundation and have replacement investigators sent in (kept a stock of pre-made ones ready for the inevitable death/SAN loss).
My point is, I had damn fine luck with that Lawyer, so, assuming the dice roll well for me, I'd like to try another. If not, oh well, hut a little superstition in CoC seems like a good thing.

-Samuel
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

Two things:
I've sent PMs to those who expressed an interest in being a player in this game asking them to confirm they want to play here in this thread. Once I get 3-4 players confirmed we'll get this game started finally! :) So hopefully we'll see some confirmations soon and I'll get started on requesting the forum for the game.

Also, Samuel you asked about characters. I'm pretty wide open, actually. I'd like players to run things by me first, but I don't have any hard and fast rules about which character occupations are verboten and which aren't. That said, playing a lawyer is certainly fine by me!
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

If you happen to find yourself short one player, I'd be glad to try:)
"Let's eat dung, millions of flies can't be wrong." Valdemar Baldhead
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

zielonobrody wrote:If you happen to find yourself short one player, I'd be glad to try:)
You're more than welcome to join! I'll consider you in and confirmed unless you only wanted to join if we're short of players.
Samuel
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Samuel »

Lawyer=sweet (good mojo for me)

per PM: Of course I'm still interested!

This should be fun!

-Samuel
Riotopsys
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by Riotopsys »

I'm in
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

If you don't mind more players than you had in mind in the first place, than darn right that I'm in:) I apologize in advance for being a noob. :mrgreen: I'll look into how this all works, and I'll think about my character. I was thinking a bit on the crazy and mentally instable type :) PM me when you get the forum going.
Samuel
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Samuel »

No need to start out mentally unstable, it will happen organically soon enough!
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

zielonobrody wrote:I was thinking a bit on the crazy and mentally instable type :)
Well, CoC scenarios tend to inflict craziness and mental instability so you may want to start off on the other end of things to begin with since you'll probably end up there by the end. ;)

We'll have to flesh it out a bit to see what you had in mind and whether that would work for our game. I guess it depends on what you were thinking of. We can chat more about it in the game forum once we get it, though.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

OK. I'll wait for the forum before I flesh out any more CRAZY ideas :mrgreen:
Dondero
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Dondero »

Hi, still here and looking forward to getting started on this...I'll start giving some thought to a character. :)
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Raiko »

I've created a new forum for The Condemned at the request of Amariner.

Enjoy your game! :)
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

Thanks a lot, Raiko! That was fast. :)

Okay so our current four players can migrate over there (I'll set some threads up shortly), and any one else who is still interested in playing can either PM me or post in this thread and we'll see about getting you in. As long as we're still in the character building phase it won't be a problem. Once we start the game proper it might be a little trickier, but still probably doable.

Looking forward to the game!

Return to “... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game”