D20 CoC - Fly Strike

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
gamersquest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

D20 CoC - Fly Strike

Post by gamersquest »

Hi All

Am currently cutting my teeth on a D&D dungeon crawl DM'ing experience - over on another site :)

However I am also interested in setting up a Cthulhu D20 game based on the CoC WoC book.

Would there be interest here in such a game - as no point in wasting everyones time if not - I have not seen many in the lists of approved games so figured best to ask - hoping d20 is not a swear word 8)

Jxx

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Storyline

London 2007, you've just finished work at Mason and Mason - its 9pm and your in a lift with other faceless office workers - none you know - well who would in this day and age of nameless, humourless office autotrons.

All you want to do is get home, its Friday night, kebab night, put your feet up in front of a good film, a pint of Guinness and chill and chill and chill 8)

As you ride the lift down to where you parked. A few people get off at Level 1, and a woman gets off on parking level 3. You ride down to Level 4. Suddenly, there is a jolt, and the elavator shudders. Then all goes black ...........

Character Creation Rules

Using D20 Wotc Coc Rules
3-4 players are required.
Must play "normal" humans
Roll 4d6 - drop lowest re roll any 1s
Level 1

Extra Info

I'm feeling my way with this so please feel free to ask questions etc in this thread so we can get the framework established before kicking off. You may want to take a look at these links for further D20 CoC discussion and ideas:

http://www.yog-sothoth.com/modules.php? ... forum&f=26
http://p222.ezboard.com/fokayyourturnfrm20

Once we have completed this adventure and have a small team of investigators together - we will move onto a more in depth Delta Green D20 Campaign - this is to solidify the characters

Other Stuff

I am new to DM’ing, pretty new to D&D and CoC - so please understand that this will be an adventure that grows not only with our PC's but also for me and hopefully you. I may need help and advise along the way and I see this as a team effort. I have chosen an existing CoC adventure so please let me know of any that you have played in the past to avoid duplication.

Thanks all
My mind not only wanders ......... sometimes it leaves completely
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 6 months

Re: D20 CoC - Fly Strike

Post by carnage_lee »

Hi and welcome to the site :)

D20 is not a swear word! Good luck with this is sounds a very interesting project.
gamersquest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by gamersquest »

Many thanks for the warm welcome - fingers crossed I get a few interested players - seems a bit quiet at the mo :lol:

Take care

GQ
Excior
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Excior »

Hey count me in here. though I dont know what the heck Delta Green D20 is. I think I have herd of it in a zombie movie before.
"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
- H.P. Lovecraft-
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Wow... ok, this has potential. I'm interested.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

I'm going to need to know the posting rate requirement before I sign my soul over...
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Oh yeah, one more thing. Can we use this page:
http://www.pathguy.com/cthulhu.htm

To create our character? I think it should be alright. It's a good reference even for those without the D20 books anyway.
gamersquest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by gamersquest »

Great - looks like we are getting some where

That sites fine to use as character generator

Posting - I'd be happy to listen to preferences - but once a day at most is all I can manage :D

How does that sound
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Groovy.. sign me up. I'll have a character created for you as soon as you have a game board to post in.
gamersquest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by gamersquest »

Wonderful - thank you - will get onto that ASAP
Excior
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Excior »

game I am good for once a day but when I get the ok to go back to work it will most likley have to be once every other day. with perhaps a catch up post on sat.
"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
- H.P. Lovecraft-
tweek
Layman
Layman

Post by tweek »

I'm totally interested, especially if we progress into Delta Green territory. I'm a bit of a newb, so i'm wondering how we handle character creation, etc.? I'm new to play by post, so I'm wondering what the rules are regarding how many posts, etc. Let me know if there's still room.

Thx!

-Tweek
gamersquest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by gamersquest »

Welcome aboard Tweek - no worries being a newbie and there is a great site that can help with character creation - I'd like everyone to post once a day but appreciate thats not always possible - so no hard and fast rules.

Once we have our game thread created we can starting working up our investigators

GQ 8)
Excior
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Excior »

Do we have enough t o start with?
- H.P. Lovecraft-
mxlplx
Layman
Layman

Post by mxlplx »

Hi gamersquest! :lol:

I will start using this site instead of MythWeavers for posts. As I said before, I would like to play a private detective named Matthew Paxton, who has worked on a contract basis for Mason and Mason as well as private individuals and interest groups throughout Europe.

mxlplx
gamersquest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by gamersquest »

Thats fine mxlplx - we have enough to start am just waiitng for the game space to be created :D
Excior
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Excior »

Mason and Mason are located in Central London - near to the Royal Courts of Justice - otherwise known as the Law Courts and are located within one of the Four Inns of Court.

The Royal Courts of Justice was opened by Queen Victoria in December 1882. It is on The Strand, in the City of Westminster, near the border with the City of London and the London Borough of Camden. It is surrounded by the four Inns of Court. The nearest tube stations are Chancery Lane and Temple.

The four Inns of Court, house the professional associations connected to the law industry.

The Inns provide libraries, dining facilities and professional accommodation. Each also has a church or chapel attached to it. Each Inn of Court is a self-contained precinct within London, Mason and Mason are located at Lincolns Inn.

Mason and Mason are one of many firms operating from within Lincolns Inn. The building is a popular location for law firms as it houses one of the largest underground parking facilities currently in London - 5 floors infact - a unique and clever architectural feat as the car park is nestled between two of the major Underground lines that run beneath London - the Piccadilly line and the Central line - trains can be heard and at times felt when workers arrive in the morning or leave at then end of a long day

Just trying to help out Gamer feel free to insert those nice pic when you can.

The Law Courts themselves house the Court of Appeal and the High Court of Justice of England and Wales. Courts within the building are open to the public although there may be some restrictions depending upon the nature of the cases being held.

The Law Court building is a large grey stone edifice in the Victorian Gothic style and was designed by George Edmund Street, a solicitor turned architect, and built in the 1870s.
The Fur
Layman
Layman

Post by The Fur »

I wish to play Mike Dunbar, janitor. He is an old fellow (in his 40's) ex military and working for M&M for the past 12 yrs. I will flesh out the rest of the character very soon and get the charater made ASAP. When do you expect to get started?
gamersquest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by gamersquest »

Hi All

Fab news we have had our space created :lol: - will get cracking first thing tomorrow and hopefully we will be up and running once characters have been created in the next couple of days.

Hope that sounds okay to you all- hello Fur great to see you here :D
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Groovy ... I'm not sure what I will be running yet, but I'll get crackin'.

Say, where is our game board located? I'm not sure I see it. Does it have a different title?

[edited]

Nevermind. I found it: Diptera Deceased

Return to “... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game”