Oceanic Terror (Updated 9-10-07)

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
Zanji
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Oceanic Terror (Updated 9-10-07)

Post by Zanji »

Thinking about it, pretty much it's going to be Freeform BRP Modern era(After WWII ). It will start out pretty civilized, not expecting sudden action/horror at first. It will be difficult though.

Any professions are able. Feats can be user made or I can make them, but have to be made fair and not god like and have or can be related to the profession.

Example: Librarian will be able to learn languages faster, Investigators will notice things.

It will be my first as keeper :B

If it doesn't do well or anything seems wrong with this the game, I am willing to take Criticism or tips of how to be a good keeper ^^ (I'm still learnin so go easy on me)

So far I've created some things to help start it off :D

----------------------------------

Sometime, after World War 2. You are invited to a special occasion, a boat is sent out to celebrate the victory that has been given... granted it's a boat, and a rich people party most likely.

After receiving the invitation, which is seemed that you an unlikely person to receive such an invitation to a fancy party you decide to partake into such an event. Few days passed before coming to the event, boarding upon the boat you've seen some interesting few characters... Fancy people, hippies, damsels, and such but mostly the ones that stood out the most... were few men wearing red robes, some had frizzy puffy hair coming out, one just looked like a regular old man. Boarding upon the ship it seemed like a delightful party, it seemed like you'd be enjoying the night as much you can, drinking, dancing and talking amongst others making rich old friends that you could mooch off of.

With the idea of coming back to land within two days, the second day seemed off... The party began to slowly die, the air within the ocean became thicker and the lights got dimmer. Everything seemed a little bit darkened, noticeable too. The smell of ocean becomes annoying and makes everyone sick. Everyone except you, the players seem too tired. People began to slowly not come outside their rooms, or anywhere at all... People just began to start missing.

The third day, nothing in sight and its almost midnight to end the third day... The environment becoming more shrouded with dense fog. The boat in complete silence, and barely anyone in sight. Worst of all everyone seems to become more sicker, and more tired. Only you, the players (some, those who choose to start here) and a select few of people are in the Main Lounge with the classic music of Frank Sanatra playing in the background. People slouching and people seeming to be asleep on chairs and sickly looking people hunched over tables, hiding their faces with their arms. Only sound you can hear beyond the music is the sound of waves crashing against the boat... The only way to find the way back, is to find the cause of this.

-----------------------------------------

Starting locations: Main Lounge (Where the civilians are), Player's Room.

Character Creation: You'll have to post a character bio to me via PM on the forum, and at least describe your character in the game. No high authority professions like... FBI and such. Investigator, Officer is allowed though. Maybe an ex-Marine, ect.

Other: Will have rolls using http://invisiblecastle.com/rolldice.py . Slight realism (Meaning if you get scratched, deep, you will need to patch / stitch it up. Hunger, warmth ect.) but not too realistic. May have some Cthulhu story locations, I'm still learning more about most of them like... The Marsh and Innsmouth (I think thats the name ._.). I am a beginner Keeper so go easy on me ^^

ANY FORM OF RP IS ACCEPTED. One liners are okay, but no two worders like "Moves here" ect. Be specific, Paragraphing is good, and enjoyed. If you need any tips on how to paragraph, detail the feeling of your character is having or doing ect. thoughts and such.

Character Bio setup

Name:
Description:

Tell me what you think, and such and please consider joining! ^^

Return to “... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game”