At the Altar of Ultima Thule - 1939, Germany

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
TheKingInYellow
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

At the Altar of Ultima Thule - 1939, Germany

Post by TheKingInYellow »

“My mother lives in Templin, so I must go to Brandenburg to visit her. When I drive that way I pass the sign for Neihart, but I’ve never been there myself. Herr Kampfer says that he went that way once, looking to buy petrol; he says the locals were an unfriendly bunch of peasants living in the deep woods. Uckermark has many places like that so I wouldn’t think too much of it, but when you asked about it last, it got me thinking about what Kampfer had said – He suspects that the people of Neihart are no friends of the Party, do keep it in mind.”

At the Altar of Ultima Thule will be a Call of Cthulhu campaign set on a global scale, taking place at the beginning of World War 2 in 1939 and onward. The characters will be, at least at this leg of the adventure, Germans. I’m looking for maybe four to six players, though I probably could accommodate more. The game will use the BRP rulebook for what little mechanics that come up and will use the Cthulhu Mythos, unlike my other game.

Just a note, and while I don’t think I have to say this, as the YSDC player base is pretty mature, but just to be safe… Since the characters will be Germans in a rather grim part of world history, I do expect everyone to be mature and play tastefully. The characters will be Germans and could very well be members of the Nazi party at the game’s beginning, but I won’t be putting anyone in morally outrageous situations (I fully intend to leave the most depraved aspects of Nazi Germany alone). I want this to be a roleplaying experience that tries out unusual roles and is in no ways a Nazi-gratification game.

If you’re interested, please post here or PM me to let me know and give me a character concept, if you have one. When we get enough people interested, we’ll get a forum and I’ll start approving character concepts.
Last edited by TheKingInYellow on Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Re: At the Altar of Ultima Thule - 1939, Germany

Post by Laraqua »

Me! I wanna be a 19-year-old German chick who works part-time in a bakery. Like most people probably were, she's an exercise in contradiction and inconsistencies. She's a member of the Nazi party as she likes having the trains run on time, the gymnastics and other good intiatives, and has been a good friend of a couple Polish Jews. In her eyes, those aren't mutually incompatible because: "Well, most Jews probably are outrageous monsters but the Pochawskis (sic) aren't. I'm sure Herr Hitler would only hunt down the ruthless ones. The Pochawskis will be left alone."
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by SuAside »

definately interesting...
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

This sounds fascinating, but I'm afraid I won't have enough time to play this one too. I'm already in a few games, and two more are going to start soon (Where Byakhees Dare and Welsh's new game). How often would you expect players to post in this one?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
TheKingInYellow
Keeper
Keeper

Well, I figure I will run this game a little differently than the Island of Yomi, with players playing in separate, small groups or even alone for at least the first part of the game, if not further. So in that regard posting could be a little more lenient, but I would expect a modest time commitment from everyone playing.
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by Piano man »

I would be interested
Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

How modest is modest? If it's 2-3 times per week, I can probably handle that. If you expect players to post once a day, that's iffy.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
TheKingInYellow
Keeper
Keeper

Yeah, I was hoping for once a day or so, at least on weekdays.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Weekdays are exactly when I'm short on time. On weekends I can post a few times per day if needed. I am off from work the first two weeks of September, so if we start in a couple weeks I should be okay - a lot of games have a flurry of posts at the beginning and then slow down. I'll have to think about it. Please reserve a slot for me in the meantime.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
TheKingInYellow
Keeper
Keeper

Sure, will do. I don't imagine we'll get started too soon, so there are no hurries.
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by coffee demon »

oh man, this kinda thing is SO up my alley! but I have way too many games going on. I'll keep watching. Maybe if it starts in 1-2 months, and some of my characters have died, I'll be able to join..?
TheKingInYellow
Keeper
Keeper

Sure, we'll probably be able to get more players in as the game goes on.
TheKingInYellow
Keeper
Keeper

Well, at the moment there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest for the game, which is understandable, since most of the regulars are involved in a number of games at the moment. So I think I will postpone this one for a month or two and see who's available then. Stay tuned, I'm looking forward to running this one.

Blodu ok jarna!

Return to “... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game”