Noob Keeper!

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 2 months

Noob Keeper!

Post by Borderline »

Brand new keeper all I know is I'd like to try running a game. Besides having some ideas bouncing around in my head I'm not married to any one theme or time period, just need players willing to be patient while I get my first game under my belt. Feel free to make suggestions especially if you're willing to be my test-thingy k thanks bye!
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Re: Noob Keeper!

Post by Mephistophilis »

I'm always looking for games. My suggestion would be to try running a published scenario. I'm a new keeper myself but in play by post those first scenarios can drag on a bit in time, I still haven't finished my first started over a year ago.
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Borderline »

Thanks, I'll go through my printed material tommorow and see what I have. I'm also thinking about doing a discord one shot so I'll update you when I have more to go on. I'd I do a discord it will be in addition to a pbp.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'm definitely interested too.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Borderline »

Well you're definitely invited!
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Borderline »

Before there was Delta Green there was a small organization tasked with investigating the most morbid and vile happenings lurking just bellow the veneer of society. Specially chosen and skilled investigators join forces in a race to solve or cover up these events before it takes its toll on thier Sanity. Investigators from a variety of backgrounds will need all the help they can get from thier mysterious and international benefactors who always know more than they let on and never let slip thier full intentions. It's preWW2 but the war of the Mythos is just beginning.
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Borderline »

Hey everyone I want to start moving on this, the time period will be 1930's and we'll use CoC rules like I mentioned it will be like an early delta green type organization but characters can be whatever seems fun. If you all could start brainstorming a character to play, post a tentative character name here with a basic description and I will take the first four as signed up to play so that I can request a forum be made for the game. Remember I'm brand new so set your expectations accordingly- I don't have a huge Mythos vault in my head I really just want to try to catch some of that spirit and have a creepy good time for everyone. Thanks!
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

How about William 'Bill' Gilmore, ageing G-man from the FBI (or one of its precursor agencies depending on the exact year). He's got a bit cynical and lazy over the years bit still knows how to investigate something that really catches his attention.
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Borderline »

Sounds awesome!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

My character idea is Lt. Commander Ralph Harper of the Office of Naval Intelligence. He's patriotic and seeks to protect his country, but he doesn't really know with what he's about to get involved.

When you're ready for me to create the forum, just post here to let me know. I'll just need a name for the game, as well as a short text description. What you have in this post will do, unless you'd like to have something else there:
Borderline wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:54 am Before there was Delta Green there was a small organization tasked with investigating the most morbid and vile happenings lurking just bellow the veneer of society. Specially chosen and skilled investigators join forces in a race to solve or cover up these events before it takes its toll on thier Sanity. Investigators from a variety of backgrounds will need all the help they can get from thier mysterious and international benefactors who always know more than they let on and never let slip thier full intentions. It's preWW2 but the war of the Mythos is just beginning.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Borderline »

Mr. Handy and Mephistophilis, what would you two think of doing a bit of a prequel for this game? I could practice the mechanics like having characters in different locations and we could look a little at your character's before they meet. Basically we just start it up a little slow, get it going and then I can post in the existing games forum and we can shoot for 3 or 4 players. Game name could be Fear forgotten and we could use the existing promo as a description.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

I'm up for that.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

So am I. I created the forum and made you Keeper, Borderline. You can find it here.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

Post by Philulhu »

If you have a space, I’d be interesting in joining in.
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Borderline »

Philulhu wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:36 am If you have a space, I’d be interesting in joining in.
You're welcome to join wed he happy to have you

viewforum.php?f=489
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

Post by Philulhu »

Cheers :)
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by aine »

I'd like to join too if there's room.
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Borderline »

I thought I replied already, now I'm not seeing it but yes you're welcome to join.
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Any chances of my sneaking in?
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Borderline »

Snapper thanks for your interest but I think for now I'm going to limit it to the 4 pcs we've got.

Return to “... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game”