What if?

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
Sivad
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 18 years 1 month

What if?

Post by Sivad »

Hello gang. I'm new to this forum, but not to CoC or forum based RPG games. I've been noodling an idea around for a while and wanted to gage if there was any interest here.

What if Ryleh never sank back beneath the So Pacific?
What if Dr Armitage hadn't succeeded in stopping the Whately's from summoning Yog-Sothoth?
What if the government ignored the threat at Innsmouth? Or worse, what if there were no government left to handle it?

The game I'm contemplating would be a classic era, d20 game, where the Old Ones have won. They freely roam the Earth while humanity has, for the most part, gone completely insane. The social structure of the world as we knew it has completely evaporated. Cultist prowl the moldering cities looking for sacrifices. Sorcerers freely practice their dark rituals.

The investigators would be a group that has banded together to search for a way to close the gates of chaos that have opened and send the Old Ones back into their eternal slumber.

If you are interested, please post a response here.
Tonyfr
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by Tonyfr »

Good question. You would probably get better responses if you posted your question in the Game section of http://www.yog-sothoth.com.

Tony
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by carnage_lee »

There's a MULA called Cthulhu Rising which deals with the end Times - AFAIK it's set 300 years in the future - not in the 1920's.

Cthulhu Rising

There is also some end-times material on the main YSDC site.

I think it's pretty much accepted that the End Times are in the future and not in the 1920's - YMMV

Lee
Watchman
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 18 years 3 months

Re: What if?

Post by Watchman »

Sivad wrote: The game I'm contemplating would be a classic era, d20 game, where the Old Ones have won. They freely roam the Earth while humanity has, for the most part, gone completely insane. The social structure of the world as we knew it has completely evaporated. Cultist prowl the moldering cities looking for sacrifices. Sorcerers freely practice their dark rituals.

The investigators would be a group that has banded together to search for a way to close the gates of chaos that have opened and send the Old Ones back into their eternal slumber.

If you are interested, please post a response here.

Are you plaing on playing it PBP here on Yog-Sothoth? If so I would be interested in the game, as one I had signed up for is not happening.

I would like to know more details though about what you have planned.

Watchman

Return to “... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game”