Muppet Cthulhu

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 4 months

Muppet Cthulhu

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Uncle Deadly walks onto the famous stage of the Muppet Show. He takes a low bow as the applause begins and then silences the theatre with one evil glance of his menacing eyes.

Good Evening Ladies and Gentlefolk of the “Real” world.

My name is Uncle Deadly and it is my pleasure to announce the opening of our new show.... The Muppet Cthulhu Investiga….

Where’s the Frog? cries Statler!

Uncle Deadly looks up at two old muppets sitting on the Balcony and cringes dragging a blue wrinkly hand over his eyes.

Oh.. It’s you two. Why am I not surprised….. The Frog is dead. So now if I can get back to my introductions I’m certain that we can proceed as planned. As I was saying… Welcome to a brand new episode of the Muppet Cthulhu Investi…..

What do you mean dead? shouts Waldorf.

Uncle Deadly shoots Statler and Waldorf a menacing glare and snaps.

He’s dead!! D-E-D Dead! Now If I can please continue… Welcome to a brand new episode of...

How do frogs die? asks Waldorf.

I don’t know Waldorf! How do frogs die. enquires Statler

They kermit suicide! Heh! Heh! Heh! Heh!

Heh! Heh! Heh! Heh!

Are we quite finished?

Now… If you dare please… chime in and join the Muppet…..

Uncle Deadly looks up at the old Muppets on the Balcony to make sure they are not going to interrupt.

Please chime in and join the Muppet Cthulhu Investigations Show. Reality is not your friend today my poor Muppet friends!!!

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!
Last edited by DSIGFUSS on Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:33 am, edited 7 times in total.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Re: Muppet Cthulhu

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Muppet Cthulhu follows a small band of Muppets as they try to investigate a string of real events related somewhat to the Cthulhu mythos.

In Muppet Cthulhu – Your sanity score is reversed. So Muppets try to hold onto their insanity as aspects of the real world come crashing down around them.

As a player you may choose to play one Muppet from the following TV shows.

The Muppet Show – any era
Sesame Street – any era
Fraggle Rock
The Jim Henson Hour

If you have another idea for a Jim Henson related puppet then please pm me. It must be a Jim Henson puppet though. All other puppets are strictly fictional in nature. lol

Character creation will be explained soon and will be on a Muppet by Muppet basis

Please play your Muppets as close to the real deal as possible folks. And chime in if you want to play please. All are welcome!

Waldorf and Statler are taken for Mupeet character selection as they will be the commentary throughout the show.

Unlce Deadly is taken as well for the part of Narrator.

Kermit the Frog is also not available for Muppet selection.

Character selction will be on a first come first serve basis. The Muppet Cthulhu Investigations Show is Rated R and is not suitable for children...

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Gonzo the Great reporting for duty!

I played Gonzo before in the sadly short-lived Swine Trek over on Dark and Moody. I had watched Muppets from Space for "research," though that was about ten years ago, so I don't remember it too well. I imagine I'll start with a very high level of insanity.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Sweet Handy. Good to have you aboard.

Gonzo is definitely one of the highest insanity Muppets. I could maybe think of few with similar or slightly higher insanity scores.

Cookie Monster might have a higher insanity score.

Maybe beaker. Image

But not many muppets are crazier than gonzo that's for sure.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

Post by Philulhu »

Aaaaarrrrgggghhhhh!! AN-I-MAL!!

Possibly the most erudite and deep-thinking of all the Muppets, Animal’s unique skill is to distill an idea into its most succinct form.

When Animal was tested using Herbert West Laboratories’ Insane-o-tron[sup]TM[/sup], the machine refused to give a reading on the first attempt, and on the second, started emitting smoke while simultaneously synthesising “I’m a little Shub-Niggurath, short and stout! Call upon my Thousand Young to let me out! Iä! Iä!” on hitherto unknown speakers, before melting into a pile of faintly radioactive goo.

Huh! Huh! Huh! AN-I-MAL!!
Basketvector
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Basketvector »

Skekung the Garthim master admires his new robes in a cracked, warped mirror. Hmmm.... Hmmm... he growls contently as his Podling tailor stares vacantly into space beside him.

The Skeksis have grown fearful that their homeworld Thra can not support them. They must cheat death every day until the Great Conjunction makes them immortal. But magic wanes on this dying world. The last Gelfling had been killed long ago, and the Podling's life essence is too weak. The Emperor, once the greatest of all the Skeksis, has grown frail and ill. Fearing death, he has ordered is most faithful servant to search for vital beings beyond this decaying realm that can provide the life essence needed to rejuvenate him. The power of the Crystal can transport a Skeksi to distant worlds.

Today, the others gather with morbid interest as the first sun climbs to its peak. Skekung prepares the ancient and dangerous ritual that will propel him across the galaxy.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Excellent.

It would appear we have some more interested bodies for tonights presention.

Gonzo.. Animal, and Mr.. Skekung is it?

A long way from your neck of the galaxy I must say. Please manage to clean up after your podlings... They are such fillthy creatures.

Glckkll... pffthhhlb...

And with Animal and Gonzo already in attendance I'm afraid the fecal count of our theatre swabs will only add to the horror of this facility.

It look likes we are almost ready to go. Perhaps we'll wait just a little while longer to see what other muppets crawl in from the under-depths of the theatre.

ooc- We are looking for just a couple more players. Welcome to the game Philulhu and Basketvector. Nice choices!!!
Last edited by DSIGFUSS on Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

Post by Philulhu »

Thanks, DSIGFUSS.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Bakawk!

Yes Camilla we are "quite" aware that Gonzo is in your careful Care. Please excuse any insinuations I might have insinuated at your behest!!!
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Raiko »

This is an amazing idea DSIGFUSS.

I'm much too busy to join in unfortunately - I've already been a terrible player in a few games on here recently - but I just wanted to let you know how amazing this idea is. 8-)

I'm going to try and read along at least.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I've created the forum, which can be found here.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Thanks Handy! Looks great!!

OK I think we'll start up and have some fun. Give me til the end of the week to fill up the forum with rooms and maps and Muppet rules for skills I've been working on and we'll start character creation. Once the rooms are up. Feel free to place your Muppet in any room and we can keep busy with some clever Muppet banter. Nothing will happen that will require you to make any rolls and its entirely optional. Once all the threads are up I will pm everyone in the game and tell them where in the theatre they are (if they have not already posted) and what room they should be posting in.

This game will remain open to any new players for the duration of the show. There are hundreds of muppets to choose from in the Jim Henson Universe.

Return to “... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game”