The Island of Yomi, Modern adventure in Japan

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: The Island of Yomi, Modern adventure in Japan

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sounds like your character will get along well with mine, then. Mine is a 16 year old high school student from Tokyo who both plays and makes computer games. He knows Professor Keegan because he is going to apply to Hokkaido University to further his plans for a career in game design, and has sent him a demo of the game he is currently developing.

EDIT: I rerolled my character and this time did...less badly. I just finished the character sheet and background and sent them by PM.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
paradys
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by paradys »

ok great. my thinking is that the group she was in has split up and she has come to an out of the way place like Hiroo to figure out her solo career. perhaps she was brought up there or has some kind of previous connection with the place which will help me connect her to professor keenan? that last parts going to be the toughest to work out.

by the way all i know about jpop is from hearing it in the background of films like Ping Pong (which has an awesome soundtrack by the way ) so if anyone knows where i can get a quick mediablast of modern japanese culture fire away!
meh woman ca gimme no alibi
TheKingInYellow
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by TheKingInYellow »

Well, Professor Keegan isn't from Hiroo, but he is a professor at Hokkaido University in Sapporo. So potentially, your character could be a Sapporo native who knows Keegan (Former professor, family friend, whatever suits you); they don't need to know the Professor intimately, just enough that they will recognize his name on the letter.

I don't really know anything about J Pop idols aside from what I've observed and what my friends have told me, but I really don't seeing it being *that* much different from American pop stars (The occupation of being a pop star, that is; their musical style definitely differs). I would say just use your best judgement and keep in mind that the internet is a potentially unreliable source about this topic, or any other Japanese pop culture or other topic of interest. Really, more than anything, feel free to go with what works with your character, and never hesitate to ask if you have a question, I'm sure we can figure something out.

Also, everyone, important news! We have our own forum now, please check it out under the Modern forums and post there :D
Seppuku
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by Seppuku »

“Yeah, I know I'm ugly... I said to a bartender, 'Make me a zombie.' He said 'God beat me to it.'”

Return to “... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game”