GURPS Victorian C'thulhu Adventure!

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
Carcosannoble
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

GURPS Victorian C'thulhu Adventure!

Post by Carcosannoble »

I love Steampunk!
I love C'thulhu!

So I thought it would be great to combine the two (it has been done, just read The Five Fists of Science!). Happily I own GURPS Steampunk and have found this CoC to GURPS conversion text: http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/Roleplayer ... GURPS.html. (Turns out it won't let me post the direct link, so just search GURPS Cthulhu).

Also, I want to use GURPS 3rd Edition and heres a link for those who don't have the core book: http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/lite/3e/

Character generation will be extensive and take place between the GM and each player.

Is anyone the least bit interested?
trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Re: GURPS Victorian C'thulhu Adventure!

Post by trixie »

Hmmm......sounds interesting.

Not sure if i should be taking any more on....but what the heck :lol:

Will read up a bit on the info you provided....what kind of character's would suit?
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments
Carcosannoble
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Carcosannoble »

The game will take place out 1980 and your character can be from any of the industrialized nations (Britain, Germany, France, Japan, and ect...). Your character should have some sort of gadget unique to him/her which can be of any make and design (a mythos empowered sword, a rocket bicycle, or anything else that will suit your fancy; perhaps a mechanically augmented suit of armor). Otherwise everything is pretty much open.
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

Sounds like a jam.....

Yes, I'm interested....will read up on the info here.

How many players are you looking for to get things rolling...I might drag a few friends along....
Carcosannoble
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Carcosannoble »

4-6 investigators would be best I think.
Carcosannoble
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Carcosannoble »

News! Saturday December 1st, 1883:

Music Box Assassin Strikes Again!

The notable Mr. Hiram Maxim was abducted from his home last night by the so called Music Box Assassin. Contrary to his previous crimes, which according to eye witness accounts consist of a brass orb about the size of a man's head is found chiming merrily away in some remote part of the victim's home until the end of the song at which point the orb explodes, usually killing anyone in the vicinity. Suffice to say this incident is quite unique in that the orb found in Mr. Maxim's home was found to expel a large cloud of chloroform, incapacitating the Maxim family. Upon awaking Mrs. Maxim found that besides her missing husband, nothing in the house had been removed.

Strange Disappearances Along The Thames!

Rumors have begun circulating throughout London that some creature has been pulling innocent bystanders into the water and devouring them. The Police suspect that these incidences are just apart of a large hoax to incite public unrest.

Violence Abounds, Police Consider New Methods.

London is rife in turmoil as bands of men sweep the streets with never before seen weapons capable of killing an unprotected person nigh instantly. The Police, unable stop these villains have begun to deputize willing individuals in the hope that these government sponsored vigilantes will help bring a much needed boost to law enforcement.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 4 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Hi there.... I might be interested in starting up in this one, if there is still room. How bout an etch-n sketch that could draw the past or a trained rat with hypnosis powers and an IQ of 160.

I like the idea of starting out with something cool like a magic item. Are we going to be like the League of Extrordinary gentleman? Anyways, sounds fun. Hook me up if you got room. I can think of other ideas if you don't like either of those wondrous items.
Carcosannoble
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Carcosannoble »

DSIGFUSS wrote: Hi there.... I might be interested in starting up in this one, if there is still room. How bout an etch-n sketch that could draw the past or a trained rat with hypnosis powers and an IQ of 160.

I like the idea of starting out with something cool like a magic item. Are we going to be like the League of Extrordinary gentleman? Anyways, sounds fun. Hook me up if you got room. I can think of other ideas if you don't like either of those wondrous items.

Haunted etch-n sketch! Bwa ha ha ha! That's excellent. Either of those ideas would work wonderfully. I'm calling the game: "Society of Heroic Gentlemen", because that's what it is, (if you've read the LXG graphic novels you'll understand). Your more than welcome to join up, just mock up a character concept and we can get you rolling.
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

So does the Society of Extraordinary gentleman have room for a chick? :lol:

Would hope so because I'd rather play a woman....my character idea is a hippy lady....Andromeda Forsyth...a middleaged spinster who has clearly spent the better half of her life with her nose in a book. Andromeda is a high school history teacher by trade, and has an insatiable obsession for antiques that consumes every waking moment that she is not teaching. In her travels amongst antique stores and collectable shows, she happened upon a quaint music box, clearly very old. She fell in love with it when she saw it and had to have it, and yet after a few weeks of taking it home, she noticed a strange light emitting from it occassionally, almost as though it had a mind of its own at times. Clearly fascinated, she began to fiddle with the various buttons and knobs on this delicate old fashioned box, and found a hidden button that emitted a holographic light when pressed. The holograms were startling and indistinguishable at first, but then through time she realized that they were of people. Once she was speaking about her sister, whom had been away travelling at the time, and the box showed her figure meandering down a street, far from home. It was that day that she came to the stunning realization that this box was very different....it could show her the whereabouts of anyone she asked.

--------
Feedback?

PS after i posted this i realized there is already a music box reference in one of your posts.....the music box can be changed to another antique artifact with similar powers if that is more suitable......
Carcosannoble
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Carcosannoble »

Of course there's room!

Actually a music box that shows the location of whomever you wish is a pretty good idea. However, upon researching the subject it seems that music boxes were generally simple affairs when first produced in 1811, the more complicated boxes wouldn't appear until the 1870's. The "music boxes" mentioned earlier are not true musical boxes as much as they are ornate spheres designed to explode that count down using a musical movement instead of using a traditional fuse. The media just felt it would be easier just to refer to them as exploding music boxes. Another question would be whether the device was technological or magical in nature beyond playing music (which could also be magical).

----------

AHEM! "Society of Heroic Gentlemen"

Also, for those of you who know the GURPS system, characters will be made at 200 points.
Carcosannoble
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Carcosannoble »

We now have our own adventure board! Please post there if you want to play, player slots are still available.

Return to “... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game”