Page 1 of 1

Doors to Darkness...

Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:01 pm
by Umbral Dragon
I was recently running a game, that fizzled out due to outside circumstances. The premise was to play through all the scenarios in "Doors to Darkness" using Cthulhu 7E. I was using Houston Texas 1920's as the setting instead of the default. I am posting here to see if anyone is interested in playing investigators from that era and wouldn't mind playing through the rest of the scenarios. These are the scenarios, skipping the first one: Genius Loci, Servants of the Lake, Ties that Bind, and None More Black. That's four.

So, if you'd like to embark on this dark and perilous journey, along other brave souls, please inquire within. Mind the Shambler in the hallway, he's really a an old softy, he gets a little anxious when guests arrive...

Re: Doors to Darkness...

Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:33 pm
by jp1885
Ooh, I've got a character from around Texas that I rolled up when I was practising the 7e character generation, so I'd be happy to give him a spin. Count me in!

Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:07 am
by HoneyDog
I’d like to join, Dragon, but our keeper Philulhu is already running ‘Servants of the Lake’ in which I’m playing. Could I join but skip out on that one?

Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:44 am
by Mr. Handy
I'm interested in joining too, but I'm also playing in that same "Servants of the Lake" game.

Do we need to skip the first scenario? I'm not sure which one it is, but I don't think I've played it yet.

Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:39 am
by Zero
I'm gonna chime in here as Umbral was my keeper for the 1st scenario. :P We only just began Genius Loci when real life caught up with a couple of the players. I encouraged him to try restarting here as I've had a positive experience in the Masks game I'm currently involved with. I'm definitely in.

Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:38 am
by HoneyDog
I'd be happy to do the first scenario too.

Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:23 am
by jp1885
I'm not familiar with any of the scenarios so I'm happy to start with the first one.

Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:35 am
by Zero
First one's "The Darkness Beneath The Hill". It's quite fun and you'd all enjoy it. Problem is, I know it inside and out, more or less, having previously played it. -.-

Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:12 pm
by jp1885
I'm up for playing all of them :D

Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:49 pm
by HoneyDog
I don't mind skipping that one then if Zero has already played.

Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:20 pm
by Umbral Dragon
Right, then perhaps Genius Loci, Ties That Bind & None More Black. I'm flexible, not tied to the idea of running all of the scenarios this works.

Here's a suggestion for the campaign:
System is 7E, Rules As Written.
3 Scenarios as mentioned above.
Posting on Monday/Wednesday/Friday when possible (different time zones OK)
Using the system dice roller
All characters should be complete and include a short background
I will discuss other things like house rules in further detail on e we get underway
Everyone agrees to make agood show of it and I'll agree to try to bring you the best story you've ever been in. I may even succeed on that goal! Lol!

Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:39 pm
by jp1885
Sounds like a plan! I'll get my character background finished off tomorrow, ready to post once the thread is active.
He's a baseball coach (athlete occupation) if that's ok.

Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:49 pm
by Zero
Should I create a new investigator, Umbral? It might be for the best given where we left off. You have my permission to use Benny as an NPC if that's the case.

Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:23 pm
by Umbral Dragon
I would say yes, please make a new character, unless you're attached to Benny, he also has xp. I'll leave that up to you.

I have put in a request for a new game, when it's up, I'll send all of you the links. Thanks for your interest. See ya soon!

Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:24 pm
by Umbral Dragon
jp1885 wrote:Sounds like a plan! I'll get my character background finished off tomorrow, ready to post once the thread is active.
He's a baseball coach (athlete occupation) if that's ok.
Sounds brilliant!

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:20 am
by Mr. Handy
Great! I can set up the new forum for you. I just need a short text blurb for the game, such as you'll see on the board's index page for the other games. You can post it here. I'm only going to be awake for the next few hours, so if it comes later, I won't be able to create the board until tomorrow night.

I'm thinking of playing a Texas Ranger.

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:02 am
by Umbral Dragon
Doors to Darkness yawn open to reveal three hair raising tales!

Genius Loci - Not all is well at the Kirby State Lunatic Asylum and it’s down to the investigators to heed a friend in need’s cry.
Ties That Bind - Strange rock formations have been found in Mrs. Carrington’s prized fountain. But these are like no rocks seen before!
None More Black - The death of a Rice University student leads the investigators into unsavoury neighbourhoods and dark business dealings.

Are you the Dreamer or are you the Dream? Shadows flitting at the corners of your vision, haunting laughter just outside your window and inhuman, eerie sounds in the middle of the night, all of this and more await the unwary once you open the Doors to Darkness!

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:18 am
by Mr. Handy
I've created the forum, which you can find here, and made you the Keeper. Looking forward to it!