The High Priestess and The Fool (Modern horror)

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
crawlingchaosfan
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 6 years 6 months

The High Priestess and The Fool (Modern horror)

Post by crawlingchaosfan »

She sat in the silent darkness, her naked body shivering with the cold. She didn't know how long she'd been here - the all pervading darkness stole away and sense of time and space.

The distant sound of footsteps getting closer made her shudder with fear. The sound stopped nearby and suddenly the room was flooded in light. The face in the doorway was one that had always seemed kind. The vacant smile before her now only hinted of madness.

She began to cry silent tears as the figure reached for her and dragged her, unresisting, away from the chamber.

-----

The High Priestess and The Fool is a horror game set in the present in the fictional village of St. Utar on the south wales coast.

The setting is detailed fairly comprehensively here - https://eldritchtales.miraheze.org/wiki ... of_St_Utar

It is essential you read this to play as it sets the scene and briefly introduces some important characters and events.

I am looking for 2-4 players all of which will have some connection with a missing college student, Veronica Davies. Ronnie has been missing for a month now with no leads as to her whereabouts. The players will all have a good reason to investigate her disappearance and find her.

I will expect 1 post per player per day, except on weekends. I myself can only manage 1-2 posts Monday-Friday and I am usually active between 7 and 8.30 A.M. and between 1.00 and 2.00 P.M. United Kingdom time.

I will loosely be using the Chaoism Call of Cthulhu 7th edition rules but only 'behind the scenes'. The game itself will be mostly freeform and the rules will only be used to handle things like sanity loss and unpredictable outcomes. I will use your character submission details to come up with your 'stats' so please be as detailed with your submissions as possible.

Acceptance as a player will NOT be based on a 'first come, first served' basis. I will wait two weeks from today and then select the 2-4 characters I like. If you are rejected please don't take it personally. My decision will be based mainly on personal test and those characters that I think will work in the context of the setting and plot.

Use the form below as a template for character submissions. Post your submissions as a reply to this thread.

-----

Character Name:

Nationality:

Marital Status and Family:

Description:

Personality:

Notable skills:

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

Fears:

Desires:

Background:

Writing Sample: (Don't worry, I'm not looking for a literary genius)
That is not dead that can eternal lie, but zombie processes will be subject to regular garbage collection. Tweet me: @thedarkincode

Return to “... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game”