Survival Horror

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Re: Survival Horror

Post by Laraqua »

Mr Handy
Coffeedemon
SuAside
Paradys
Oathinblood
Waferthinninja
Imme
Zombiedla
jTull
And one possible on the yog-sothoth forums...

This is a pretty large expression of interest. I gotta say, you lot made my day even if a few of you find you don't have the time to play or have too many characters - as Zombiedla said might be the case for him/her.

At this rate, I won't even need NPCs. I can always find one of you lot to fill in for me... Tee hee!
Last edited by Laraqua on Tue May 01, 2007 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
paradys
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 3 months

Post by paradys »

a hospital porter is the same thing as an orderly, basically they help move around invalid patients, equipment, do the cleaning and take care of non medical supplies such as bed linen and laundry. a pretty menial but essential job.

i was thinking of having my character steal prescriptions which would be easier than ripping off actual meds, but oathinblood can borrow that idea if he wants
meh woman ca gimme no alibi
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Sounds good.

Looks like we won't be having the most psychologically and emotionally healthy selection of characters. I've no problem with that. You mentioned maybe playing a stoner? Still going with that? It's a city hospital, very busy, public and over-crowded, so what would get noticed in a well-kept private hospital or a smaller one will likely slip into the woodwork here.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
paradys
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 3 months

Post by paradys »

well, a stoner or slacker of some sort, just to make a change from the well educated types i'm playing elsewhere on this forum. not that he isn't smart, just that he suffers from a chronic lack of condition. all he wants from a job is that it pays the rent and leaves him with enough money to go partying.

i have enough idea if oathinblood is up for it, we could have a bit of a racket going. his janitor swipes blank prescription pads from unlocked drawers whiles he's cleaning the offices and my character knows somewhere he can get them filled. he passes some meds back on to the janitor and sells the rest to his pill poppin friends. if this doesn't work for you forget it though, its just a suggestion.

i might make guy a petty thief/drug dealer, just so i'll have more skills to put points into. emphasis on the petty though, he'll be more of an opportunist than a criminal. well thats it so far.
meh woman ca gimme no alibi
OathinBlood
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 4 months

Post by OathinBlood »

That sounds great, paradys. I'd like that.

Is there a rough date on when this game is going to start?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

I believe it'll begin proper on the 11th but considering all the interest I might start it a bit earlier, though we'll be slowed down a bit until that date due to all of my essays. Perhap even in the coming week. At least a few posts, just to keep you all interested. Waiting a fortnight can really dampen initial enthusiasm.

Paradys and Oathinblood, you two seem like you're online at around the same time. Perhaps you two should be paired up, then, when it all begins or soon after? If you two are willing, we should work out a reason why you two might be together in some room or other in the hospital in the early afternoon on a Thursday.

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Some people here seem to be having difficulty coming up with a character. I'll do up a list of ideas that might hopefully provide inspiration. These are all focused on the negative, but that's largely because I feel that the negative aspects of a person's life often define their situation better.

Children - dying kids, kids here to see their families, kids who've come in to see other kids, sick kids.

Patients - elderly and senile old man who always talks to his dead wife; a 40-year-old attempted suicide who has come to find life far too dull; a drug overdose victim who squats in a hovel with his pet cat and who is terrified of dying; a woman with a severe asthma problem who's trying to lead a normal life; someone who came in due to a severe allergic reaction that occured due to circumstances they don't really want to talk about; a pregnant woman who's about to give birth; a woman/man/child who's sight was recently restored.

Volunteers - a teenager who always comes in to spend time with those about to die; a rather stuffy fellow who offers people a variety of books to read - but who always fixs the grammar/spelling in those books first.

Staff - a doctor on the verge of burn out who daydreams about his ex-wife and the good times they once had together; a woman surgeon who is always giving 110% no matter what; a homosexual (male or female) nurse who's seeing another staff member on the sly; a nurse who no longer gives a damn; a doctor who's greed knows no bounds; a sexually abusive senior doctor who always makes those of the opposite gender s/he works with uncomfortable; a student doctor deeply in love with one of the nurses; a student doctor who feels like s/he has the world at his/her fingertips.

Visitors - a mother who keeps dropping by to see her comatose son; a man rushing in from work who's just found out his son/brother/wife was involved in a motorcycle accident and is in a terrible condition; an adolescent who considers him/herself guilty for a friend/loved one's attempted suicide but is not allowed to enter the ward by the attempted suicide's family decree, yet will do so anyway.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'm eager to get started too, but I can wait as long as you need. I've got a bunch of things to catch up on anyway. I probably won't get a chance to write up my character's full background tonight. If I'm lucky I'll be able to get it done during the week, otherwise it'll have to wait until next weekend, but I think I've written enough to start with.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
imme
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by imme »

I've sent Laraqua info about my character. She's married to a businessman and spends her days keeping house, visiting with neighbors, and volunteering to come to the hospital twice a week to read to children. Originally from the US, she moved to London about two years ago. She's quiet and reserved, but a kind person. And, well, there's more to her, but perhaps that's enough for now. :)

I could start anytime, but waiting for a couple weeks would be fine. I've got the end of a semester to deal with, too. :roll:
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

All right, I've gotten three character sheets so far. I'll use this particular post to record for myself how many I've got.

Carson Boyd - Oathinblood.
Jill Adams - Imme.
Sarah Carpenter - Mr. Handy.
Daniel Carter - Waferthinninja
Jason - SuAside

I think we'll start this Friday at the absolute earliest and only if all the character sheets are in. Otherwise, let's all aim for the 11th. Also, if anyone else wants to join, feel free to. This game's format is flexible enough to allow for a large cast. And for anyone who's interested, there will be some fairly detailed maps, I've already down 2 and a half out of four for a previous game I've run.

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Possible beginning pairings...

Paradys and Oathinblood - the two criminals. Perhaps a meeting in one of the toilets?
Coffeedemon and Mr. Handy - trauma nurse and acute poisoning victim. Emergency.
SuAside and Imme - volunteer at the Children's Ward and 15-year-old cancer victim here for a routine check-up. Children's Ward.
Waferthinninja will probably begin alone in Ward 5 - perhaps with one other patient.
If Zombiedla plays he will also probably begin alone.

Zombiedla
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by Zombiedla »

Hey, I think I got time to be in this one. I got a name and a concept. I'll flesh out the details and charactersheet this week.
I'm thinking of playing Roger Woodward, a middle-age man who is recovering from an attempted suicide. Although he wishes to leave this world it's his own self preservation that keeps him alive. And if confronted with terrible horrors he might realize how much he really wants to live :)

Return to “... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game”