TES or Fallout Franchise RP

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

TES or Fallout Franchise RP

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Hi!

I'm considering setting up a game where we find ourselves in the Sino-American conflict of the Fallout Universe. Or the primordial stages of The Elder Scrolls' Skyrim, The Night of Tears, where the Snow Elves and The Atmorans clash at the northern shores of a barren land that would become the land of the Dragonborn. This is set in Merethic era, thousands of years before.

Alternatively a setting in the roaring war for resources between China and America in 2077. Either the Anchorage Campaign or the Yangtze Campaign. This will be all pre-vault dwellin' time and we'll only see Vault Tec propaganda and advertisement all over. But no actual need for the shelters at this time. Albeit your neighbour will probably have bought some bonds or installed a small sized shelter in the backyard. Just in case.

I'll be using Call of Cthulhu rules for both games. As it covers both magic and mayhem.

Does this sound like something you guys would be interested in?
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: TES or Fallout Franchise RP

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'd be up for this. My preference is for Fallout, as I'm familiar with and enjoy that universe, which you can probably tell by my username. I actually came here from No Mutants Allowed. The only Elder Scrolls game I played was Arena, a long time ago, but I never finished it and barely remember it. I just kept getting lost in the open world once I got out of the initial dungeon with so much stuff to explore and do.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

This will be fun. I'll have to write the prologue and some branches for the campaign, then I can add a recruitment beacon.

What do you know of the Sino-American war, Mr. Handy? We are really not handed a lot of information beside the intro movies from the 5-6 games that's been released.
This will in fact work quite well with the End Times write-up of conflicts, so the main thing should be about creating the factions and the Strike Force Battalion you'd be part of.

Chinese or American? 8-)
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Just remembered Reborn had made a Cthulhu Atomic Age sheet. Will check that out! :D
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I know that America annexed Canada and China invaded Alaska, and that the actual date that the bombs fell was October 23, 2077 (if I remember correctly). It's not clear exactly who started the war or why, and may not even have been clear to the people living at the time. My personal theory is that the Enclave provoked the war in order to take control of what was left of the world, as they were prepared for it and had a huge tech advantage. The Sino-American war seems to have lasted for at least a decade before that. I recall seeing a date of 2066 for that somewhere, but I can't be sure and don't remember much more. It's been a long time since I've played Fallout 1-2. I stopped playing Fallout 3 years ago partway through, so I don't know how much it reveals about the backstory, but that game often contradicts established canon in the first two games. I haven't played any of the others. There's a document called the Fallout Bible that may be useful for reference.

I'd prefer to play the American campaign.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

I've accumulated some files using my google-fu and will hit the library den to create a timeline for the game. The 'banned' Fallout RPG Exodus is in my PDF-viewer atm.
I'll post the two phalanges for you guys to choose from.

Now, back to reading! :ugeek:
TVblog

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Laraqua »

Banned?
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Call it legal implications forcing the publishing company to remoe all reference to Fallout in their game.
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

I'm cinsidering trying to start this up.

The Graveyard location is here: viewforum.php?f=391

Any takers?
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'm still interested in playing.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Sounds great, and I'm not surprised, you never spit in the glass, do you? 8-)
TVblog

Mister Ginge
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 6 years 11 months

Post by Mister Ginge »

I'm interested. Where do I sign up?
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

I just need your DNA and we're good to go. :twisted:

I've moved the forum to the Other Eras section: viewforum.php?f=391

The Players' Den section has a Character Creation forum and you toss your character idea there. The online F4 thingy is broken, so use the Dholes House thingy 6 edition and the Atomic Age sheet from that post when you make your char.
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Mister Ginge, you may follow the intructions in the game section of War, war never changes. Mr. Handy did some digging and found the Fallout 4 char generator.
Good luck and be adviced that the formula for stiching together the player characters is a work in progress.

Cheers!
TVblog

HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 7 months

Post by HelplessBystander »

I'm interested in using Anna Jerkins (I'm bad at rolling up new characters) as long as Mr. Handy is okay with it; I don't know much about Fallout or The Elder Scrolls, but I think it involves people being cryogenically frozen and then stuffed in bunkers in preparation for an apocalypse. So in theory, it would work, right? I mean, if Mr. Handy isn't okay with it, I could just as easily roll up a new character or add in that she's stuffed in an icy coffin somewhere in the post-apocalyptic wasteland as a dead corpse watin' to be revived or something just as messed up.

...Is this okay as a character concept?
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I have no objection, but it's really up to Dave.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

Cool. Then, I'll wait for Dave.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Hi Helplessbystander! Is Anna Jerkins a character you have used in another campaign? It's OK to use the same, no problem. We just get her to fit in here,
She will be thawed up and used as an asset for the team who is doing the mission in China,

I'm sure people were taking precations to escape the looming war due to Vault Tec's propaganda.

Welcome back to The Brave New World, Anna!
TVblog

HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

Thanks! It's one from Mr. handy's campaign. Do you want me to post a character sheet or just hop right in? I'm fine with both.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Please post the character in the creation thread and I'll mess things up for you to get it F4ified.
TVblog

Return to “... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game”