Page 1 of 1

[ToC] Paris: City of Tears

Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:20 pm
by Overlord87
September, 1915. On the western front, battle rages less than 100 km from Paris. Paris, the beautiful. Paris, the proud. Paris, a city on her knees. The government has fled the capital, seeking a safe haven in Bourdeaux. General Joseph Gallieni is now military governor of the city, and he faces a terrible task. There is not enough food for everyone. The city is dark at night, for fear of bombardments. Explosives and ammunitions are manufactured inside the city, sometimes resulting in terrible incidents that costs tens of lives. And this is just on the surface. Dark tales tell of monstrous, yet horribly human-like creatures, prowling through the battlefields and the graveyards, eating human flesh. Even darker tales revolve around a mysterious and incredibly powerful tome of ancient, dark magic; a tome that could destroy the balance of power between the Germans and the Franco-British coalition.
And yet, even among all this despair, human nature finds his hope. Hundreds of people arrive in the city every day: soldiers, journalists, thrill-seekers. Each one injects fresh energy into the agonizing city. Entertainment is the only thing that is not rationed - music halls, theaters and the Moulin Rouge are shining beacons of light, metaphorically if not physically. New forms of art cry out as newborn children.

Semptermber, 1915. Paris, the city of tears. A mysterious murder sets in motion a chain of events that, unknowingly to the rest of the world, will decide the outcome of the war. Millions of lives are at stake. There will be no glory for the unsung heroes, no recognition for the martyrs. A terrible power awaits those willing to use it - or seal it. What will you do? How far are you willing to go for your friends, your loved ones, your country?

So, now that Eternal Lies is stably on its way, I was considering the possibility of launching another campaign, this one my own personal creation. The setting, as described above, will be Paris during WWI. Despite the setting, the game will not feature heavy military action. The focus will be more on the life in the city during the dark years of the war, and of course on the investigation of a series of Mythos-related incidents. More roleplaying than heavy action, although there will be some fighting and of course the players might end up visiting the front line. Much will depend on how the players will decide to move.

Now, I'm looking for 3 to 5 players. I plan to move this campaign at a (relatively) slow pace, let's say that I'm planning on a pace of 2 posts per week (more or less).
The system will be Trail of Cthulhu. I will accept people that are not familiar with the system, which is quite simple (the Quickstart Rules are more than enough to start, I'll add some additional informations and will be ready to answer any question).

Post here if you're interested ;)

Re: [ToC] Paris: City of Tears

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:57 am
by Mr. Handy
I'm interested! :)

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:19 pm
by Cearlan
I'm interested as well

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:04 am
by Overlord87
Great :D One more and we can set things in motion ;)

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:43 am
by Pickman37
I am interested. I've been away a bit but will have time with my new job and the pace you require. I have the TOC rule book but have yet read it. I can get up to date on it promptly. Will probably aim to play an artist type if possible!

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:22 am
by Overlord87
Pickman37 wrote:I am interested. I've been away a bit but will have time with my new job and the pace you require. I have the TOC rule book but have yet read it. I can get up to date on it promptly. Will probably aim to play an artist type if possible!
I'll give you some guidelines to create the character, but an artist is perfectly fine ;)

Once the forum is up we can start creating the investigatore.

Stilo two spots available for anyone else who might be interested.

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:12 am
by Mr. Handy
I've created the new forum here and made you the Keeper.

I'm planning to play a 65 year old police detective.

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:33 am
by Pickman37
Overlord87 wrote:
Pickman37 wrote:I am interested. I've been away a bit but will have time with my new job and the pace you require. I have the TOC rule book but have yet read it. I can get up to date on it promptly. Will probably aim to play an artist type if possible!
I'll give you some guidelines to create the character, but an artist is perfectly fine ;)

Once the forum is up we can start creating the investigatore.

Stilo two spots available for anyone else who might be interested.
Sounds good! Thank you

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:29 am
by Overlord87
Mr. Handy wrote:I've created the new forum here and made you the Keeper.

I'm planning to play a 65 year old police detective.
Thank you, I'll post something there later today :)

Due to the setting and the campaign, a police detective would not fit well. Military police would be preferrable. I was thinking the French Gendarmerie could work well for you (search informations on wikipedia if you're not familiar with them).

Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:35 am
by Mr. Handy
A Gendarme would be perfect! I was already going to have him be a veteran of the Franco-Prussian War. He could have just stayed in afterwards and been career military.

Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:59 pm
by Overlord87
I plan on the starting the game at the beginning of April. Until then, anyone interested can still join. Still a couple of spots available.

Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:03 am
by krzyspmac
I might be interested :)

Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:01 pm
by Overlord87
krzyspmac wrote:I might be interested :)
You might be, or you are? :D

You can head to the forum and post in the Investigator's creation topic. If you're already familiar with the system, just read the guidelines and create the character. Otherwise, I'm available for any question ;)

Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:57 pm
by krzyspmac
I might be contenplating being completely interested :) I'll check it out tonight and prepare my victim's card ;)

Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:11 pm
by krzyspmac
Have to do some reading, will read the Trail of Cthulhu quickstart soon :)

Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:14 pm
by krzyspmac
Any pointers as to the character creation? Do you need someone in particular?

Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:29 pm
by Overlord87
krzyspmac wrote:Any pointers as to the character creation? Do you need someone in particular?
Nothing particular, but you should look at the other characters (there are two already created) and check what abilities they have chosen and try to "fill in" as much as possible. It's important to cover as many abilities as possible.

Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:16 pm
by Quatermass
Do you have room for me? :D

Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:19 pm
by Overlord87
Quatermass wrote:Do you have room for me? :D
Yes, with you there would be five players and we're set :)

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:07 pm
by Overlord87
One player had to pull out of the game due to RL circumstances. So, one spot available. I plan on starting in the next 7-10 days.

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:58 pm
by Overlord87
Last call, I'll start in the next weekend. One spot available for sure, maybe two. Contact me if interested :D

Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:32 am
by ghill
I'm in if there is still a space. All my other games seem to have died a death.

Posted: Fri May 06, 2016 8:51 am
by Overlord87
Sorry, I hadn't noticed the post. Yes, there might still be a space, since we're just introducing the investigators. You can head to the investigator's creation topic and post your character, then I'll have you join the party when you're ready ;)