Emerald Hammer

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Emerald Hammer

Post by Dave Syrinx »

untitled.jpeg
You must either conquer and rule,
or serve and lose,
suffer or triumph,
be the hammer or the anvil.

- J.W. von Goethe

. E M E R A L D . H A M M E R .
"Does a carpenter care what color is his hammer?" - Steven Alzis
"Give a child a hammer and everything becomes a nail." - Unknown
THE COMPENDIUM

Steven Alzis, owner of Club Apocalypse, NYC, also founder of the FATE, a semi religious following, has a purpose, a mission. He will use all his connections to chase what he wants his hands on he will also get his rivals to chase each other around the world. He will engage the insignificant rivals in a hammering dance of staccato international death to see which tool can bring him the most mythos tomes. This will allow him to compile the most complete and comprehensive grimoire of books on occult practices so advanced that they can only be known as magic. This is the Compendium, and it will become Steven Alzis' masterpiece and legacy to a doomed humanity. Such has it been written in the book.

The KAROTECHIA has a destiny. Formed from the Thule Society they will forge a glorious new Fourth Reich which will trod upon the inferior races of sub-men and raise the Aryan ubermenchen to ascended godhood. They will do this by using the ancient magics of Thule to kill and murder and destroy millions of expendable discards on the chain of existence. First, they must find and know the ancient magics. Find them and know them with an intimate and illicit passion which cannot be quenched, even by the silent horror of the grave.

The agencies of 'good' or what is considered good by some, work against the goals of millionaire Alzis and his network of music and dance clubs. Certainly they work agains the coming of a new German overtake of the world. Forming a network of agencies fighting the common goal to protect what we know as our world against that which is not from-our-world. This is not spoken out aloud. This ain't X-files. This is scientific police work and counter terrorist measurements. The agencies work under the umbrella of LIBRETTO.

There are other factions in this scenario as well. Those are the primary ones.
As players, which faction would you like to join?

By knowing that, I can tweak the scenario to fit the style you want it to have.

In essence, the scenario will be about acquiring books, not as easy a task as it might sound like. :twisted:

Questions are welcome!

The original idea for this scenario must be credited to Kenneth Scroggins (MiB) and The Delta Green Mailing List as of 1999. The idea never got published and the core material is now lost in the interwebs.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: Emerald Hammer

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'd definitely be interested in playing, and the Libretto faction would be my first choice.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by kabukiman »

If I choose the compendium, what kind of character would it be? A cultist? I was thinking maybe a follower of shub-nigurath or Tsathogua.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

You'd be part of the Fate, under Steven Alzis. Whatever dark secrets he might have will be yours to discover. Your faith is your own. :twisted:
Welcome Fabiano!
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

The game forum is up:

viewforum.php?f=367

Welcome!
TVblog

krzyspmac
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 8 years 3 months

Post by krzyspmac »

My first CoC games were loosely based on Delta Green and as much as I love the classic setting, I have a soft spot for anything DG ;) And since we played as the "good guys" (or so we thought) I would probably choose that one.
Just a cultist.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by ghill »

I'd love to be a member of the Fate, whether by choice or dint of owing Alzis a favour.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

AHHHH two more souls. :twisted:

One Libretto and one Fate ordered.

So, ghill I'm using the address 128E 98th Street / Lexington Avenue, NYC, neighbouring the impressive Teese scraper, for 'my' Club Apocalypse. Might not be canon, but it's my spot for it. :D

In 1995, Steven Alzis is an up and coming enigmatic person of middle eastern heritage.

The specific creation process for the game is up on the actual forums. A soft version of the CoC, I'd say. I'll set up all the HP and stuff when you guys have decided how you want to stick out.

Krzyspmac, which of the Libretto affiliations would you like to stem from? Is at as an ex DG operative, we can make that work or do you want more information on any of the other ones?
Which ever you choose, you did just now get a phone call to head over to Oklahoma City for a meeting in the wake of the federal building bombing.

God's speed. And good luck - to all - good or evil.

Once again, thank you for playing!
TVblog

krzyspmac
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by krzyspmac »

Dave wrote: Krzyspmac, which of the Libretto affiliations would you like to stem from? Is at as an ex DG operative, we can make that work or do you want more information on any of the other ones?
Which ever you choose, you did just now get a phone call to head over to Oklahoma City for a meeting in the wake of the federal building bombing.
Hmmm I've just read about Section Disparu (you're never too old to learn new things apparently). That might give me an opportunity to do some research and brush up my french. Also, my non-native english might sound a bit natural that way :mrgreen:
Just a cultist.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Right! It's cool when you find new things that tie in to what you're researching. The spin to make France a superiority at the cost of US seems to be the way to go for Section Disparu. I guess you will have to take a plane from Montreal and get to Oklahoma presently.

Good choice!
TVblog

krzyspmac
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by krzyspmac »

You mean I've just received a more important mission than forcing Quebec to split from Canada? :D Well... Vivre La France apparently :mrgreen: This actually ties nicely. 1995 was the year of the failed separatist referendum (apparently a new arrival in Quebec must know what topics to avoid :D). What do you know...
Just a cultist.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

So, we have six players and one Keeper. That's almost a soccer team! :D
TVblog

krzyspmac
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by krzyspmac »

For the moment you should probably count me as half-player (don't know which half I'd prefer, but still...)
Just a cultist.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

You may sit on the bench.
Get your bearings and join in when you feel like. No problem.
TVblog

krzyspmac
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by krzyspmac »

I'll think about my character and post something meaningful soon. There's no better pleasure in life than seeing a beloved persona, created with love, die horribly :D
Just a cultist.
SecularHaze77
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 7 years 8 months

Post by SecularHaze77 »

Oh my goodness, Emerald Hammer... I remember when we were posting about that on the DG Mailing List back in the day. In fact, I was actually going to try to work on a chapter of it... alas, it was not to be.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Oh, we had a short stab at it.
It's filed here: viewforum.php?f=367

You can read what little we did with it.
But there's always a possibility to actually get the chapter up again. We never really got to crunch time, just the build up.
Cheers!

(PM me about your chapter idea!)
TVblog

Return to “... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game”