'The Strangeness of Hezekiah Mason'

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 2 months

'The Strangeness of Hezekiah Mason'

Post by Priest »

I am thinking of running an adventure using the TREMULUS system. A Lovecraftian (Cthulhu) spinechiller using an adaption of the Apocalypse World engine.
For those who know nothing of the system (me until recently), it uses a simple 2d6+ attribute modifier roll to measure success or failure in any given ability use (or moves as they are called). For example if someone chooses to search a room (poke around) they would roll 2d6+their Dexterity modifier. A 10+ is great, meaning you’re completely successful at whatever you were trying to do. A 7-9 usually means you were successful, mostly, but something else also happened, usually something you won’t like. A 6 or less means you failed, definitely something you’re not going to like. And it’s the Keeper’s job to make sure you won’t.
The above is the simple explanation of course different things add or subtract and make life easier or more difficult, even downright lethal.
Whenever a move takes place, it doesn’t happen in a vacuum. The player should describe what their character wishes to do, and the Keeper will explain what transpires, based upon the result of the player’s roll. Conversely, if a player says they do it, then they do it. Roll the dice, and deal with what happens. While success is clear-cut, things can get quite interesting on a partial success. And failure is always interesting.

The tale I am running is going to be called ‘The Strangeness of Hezekiah Mason’ it will occur in a town called Ebon Eaves, somewhere in the USA sometime between 1925 and 1933. I am looking for up to five players. No experience of TREMULUS or any other Powered by the Apocalypse systems. The rules are simple, easy to explain and easy to pick up. If you are interested let me know.

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
- Anais Nin
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Re: 'The Strangeness of Hezekiah Mason'

Post by Priest »

So far we have Mr Handy and Supercape.
If I can prevail on Mr H to create a board for us, I will proceed with the preliminaries. Please use the following blurb;

TREMULUS - 'The Strangeness of Hezekiah Mason'
Who is Hezekiah Mason? What is it about him that turns people away?
- Anais Nin
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Done! The forum is here.

I haven't played Apocalypse World, but I did play a game of Noir World at a convention months ago, where I played a private investigator, and it was a lot of fun!
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Count me in too, old boy.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

That's three. :D
- Anais Nin
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Papa Gateau »

Yep count me in, if you want me.
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale

Return to “... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game”