The Stranger (King in Yellow themed adventure)

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
Jack Scott
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 8 years 7 months

The Stranger (King in Yellow themed adventure)

Post by Jack Scott »

I'm an avid fan of Robert W. Chambers' The King in Yellow, and will confess to being a bit of a purist when it comes to Hastur and his mythos. In fact, I've done a lot of research on the original work and would like to present, to you willing, a different interpretation of the King in Yellow. Madness, Death, Dreams, and Ennui are still prevalent, and integral to the narrative, though you may find a distinct lack of tentacles.

The premise:

Dr. Albert Simmons, a renowned archaeologist and adventurer, out of the University of Chicago, is touring the States with a collection of ancient Mesopotamian artifacts. Dr. Simmons ensures the collection makes a stop at Miskatonic University's Exhibit Museum, where his friend Dr. Curtis Mathieson is employed as a professor of Near Eastern civilizations. Along with the display items, Simmons also brings along a series of ancient clay tablets that he and his colleagues in Chicago have been unable to translate. While the exhibit is in Arkham, Mathieson and Simmons work together to translate the tablets, but after a week the tablets are stolen and Simmons is found dead in Mathieson's office.

I'm not quite ready to get the game rolling, perhaps in a week or two, so until then feel free to express interest and subject me to questions.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: The Stranger (King in Yellow themed adventure)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Jack! I've validated you, so now you can post on the game boards. I'd be interested in playing in this game. When you're ready to start it, you can let me know by posting here, and I can create a board for the game and make you the Keeper. I'll need a short text description like you'll see for other games on the front page. You should also specify the era so I can place it in the proper category, and so potential players know.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Jack Scott
Layman
Layman

Post by Jack Scott »

Mr. Handy wrote:Welcome, Jack! I've validated you, so now you can post on the game boards. I'd be interested in playing in this game. When you're ready to start it, you can let me know by posting here, and I can create a board for the game and make you the Keeper. I'll need a short text description like you'll see for other games on the front page. You should also specify the era so I can place it in the proper category, and so potential players know.
Thank you, will do! The era is 1920s.
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Raiko »

Welcome to the forums Jack, and good luck with your game.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Welcome to the forum!

The premise of the game sounds very interesting, especially since I have some, albeit dusty, skill at cuneiform.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Jack Scott
Layman
Layman

Post by Jack Scott »

DrPeterson wrote:Welcome to the forum!

The premise of the game sounds very interesting, especially since I have some, albeit dusty, skill at cuneiform.
I had been considering some Cuneiform based investigation, I'm aspiring to learn Akkadian myself and have enough acumen to translate, more or less, with the help of my grammar and dictionaries.
drone232
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 9 years 2 months

Post by drone232 »

This sounds like a fun adventure. I have yet to finish an adventure, but I have started three (two seem dead) and hope this one meets completion. I would like to join this endeaver. I prefer to play the shy academic (since I play one in real life), but any role will do.
Clammy721
Layman
Layman

Post by Clammy721 »

If you're still thinking of running this, I'd be honored to join in. I'm new here on the boards and have only dabbled in play by post but would be happy to be considered.
Petrovisch
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 8 years 6 months

Post by Petrovisch »

If you are still accepting players, i'm interested in joining.

Side note: this will be my first CoC game
Grognardsw
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Grognardsw »

Hi Jack, I'm game if this gets rolling. Thanks.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Jack hasn't been around since the start of August, so I'm not sure if the offer still stands ;)
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."

Return to “... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game”