Well of Sacrifice

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 13 years

Well of Sacrifice

Post by Quatermass »

System: Call of Cthulhu, 7th edition
Players Wanted: 3 to 5
Expected Posting Rate: At least 3 post per week. But I can move the game faster if you do.

The Yucatan has long been at best a marginally explored region of Latin America. As one of the great centers of the ancient Mayan culture, it holds many secrets long sought after by historians and archaeologists from around the world. The investigators are a small group of explorers who mission is to seek out and survey sites for ruined cities and towns on the peninsula. This includes mapping then as well as photographing and sketching them. Such activities are a prelude to a full fledged expedition.

The year is 1914, you will be playing a small team of experts hired by the Carnegie Institution of Washington to explore the Yucatan. All must be dedicated to the study of the Maya and not averse to strenuous physical activity. Field archaeologists and historians are appropriate as are artists, photographers, surveyors, and explorers. At least one should qualify as a expert in Mayan history and religion, both ancient and modern. Useful languages are Spanish and Yucatec. The former is used in towns and cities. The later is the language of the modern Maya and will be of use on a day to day basis, especially in the countryside.
Last edited by Quatermass on Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Re: Well of Sacrifice

Post by Tabs »

I'm interested. :)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'm interested. I could bring in a younger version of Professor David Johnson, my Mayan expert from Spawn of Azathoth (which didn't get very far). He'd have to be converted to 7th edition, but that shouldn't be too hard.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

@Quatermass, I know you aren't even committed to running the game as yet, but I happened across Anna Vesse Dahl, archaeologist, and had to post her photo.

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by kabukiman »

I'm interested too. I'm thinking of an archaeologist.
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Quatermass »

Welcome everyone! I am glad that there is some interest. :D

I do plan on using the 7th edition rules and if you don't have them I will be happy to help you make your character.

Tabs. Love the picture. Your character maybe?
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Yes, she is my ideal early 20th century gal archaeologist!

I've downloaded the free Quickstart rules and they look pretty simple, which is not to say I shan't need help.

The date, 1914, and the place, Yucatan, made me think of Hiram Bingham and discovery of Machu Picchu in 1911, so Miss Dahl was a member of that team . . . and speaks fluent Spanish . . . .
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Nice!

I have the Quick Start rules too. Character creation works differently there than in the full rules from what I've heard, but that's something I don't need to worry about since I'm converting an existing character.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 2 months

Post by Priest »

I too would love to join in, perhapa as a photographer. Every expedition needs one. :D

I have the quick start rules.
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Quatermass »

That's four. Good enough to open a game forum I think. I will keep this up in case anyone else is interested. Mr. Handy can you do that for me?

Well of Sacrifice

The Yucatan has long been at best a marginally explored region of Latin America. As one of the great centers of the ancient Mayan culture, it holds many secrets long sought after by historians and archaeologists from around the world. The investigators are a small group of explorers who mission is to seek out and survey sites for ruined cities and towns on the peninsula. A long lost piece of information leads the group into a dark corner of the Yucatan. What will they find and can they survive the Well of Sacrifice?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The forum is here.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Grognardsw
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 8 years 7 months

Post by Grognardsw »

Good afternoon, I was wondering if there may be an opening here on the ground floor of this campaign. I'd be happy to roll with whatever character type is needed at this point. While new to the YSDC, I've done a lot of PbP gaming at Unseen Servant including an ongoing CoC campaign ( http://www.unseenservant.us/forum/viewforum.php?f=168 )
Thanks,
Bill
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Quatermass »

We do have a opening so welcome aboard.

Return to “... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game”