Monophobia solo PbP

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
NFVD
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 9 years 1 month

Monophobia solo PbP

Post by NFVD »

The scenario is Vengeance From Beyond the first from Unbound Publishing's Monophobia: A Fear of Solitude http://www.yog-sothoth.com/wiki/index.p ... plement%29 . It is a one-shot 1920s adventure for a single pre-generated character.

The pre-generated PC is William Townsend, an Arkham native and Antiquarian who owns an antique bookshop inherited from his father. The adventure begins with a telephone call from Franklin Quincey, book collector, occultist and friendly acquaintance of WIlliam who requests a meeting at his apartment that very night to discuss a delicate matter...

For the sake of expediency all dice rolls will be made by the keeper (using an online dice-roller, and the results posted for the player to see). If Insanity affects the character (either temporary or indefinite) the precise type and its lenght will be determined using random tables, not GM fiat.

The author of the scenario claims "as written, the adventure should be able to be completed in just a single game session, taking no more than two or three hours to reach a satisfactory conclusion." so I am wagering that even on PbP this should be a moderately expeditious affair.

So If anyone is up for some one-on-one PbP gaming please let me know. First come first served. If the scenario is satisfactory I may run it again for a later player.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Re: Monophobia solo PbP

Post by Tabs »

Hi, I'd like a shot at it. :)
NFVD
Keeper
Keeper

Post by NFVD »

I have contacted an Admin about setting up a thread. As soon as it is up I'll post the pre-gen PC and intro there and we can get started.

Hmmm...I guess this means I'm a member of the "Keepers" group now.

Btw I meant to ask you, what is that pic in your avatar? I don't remember seeing it on any CoC publication I'm familiar with. Is it taken from somewhere else?
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Tabs »

Great, looking forward to it.

My avatar is from the 3rd ed. CoC book. It has several fab colour plates. I can't remember the artist's name offhand, but he has a gallery online, which is where I downloaded the portrait.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I've created the forum here. You never supplied me with a text blurb, so I just used the one from the previous attempt to run this scenario. I can change it if you prefer a different one. I also activated the online dice roller for the forum.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
NFVD
Keeper
Keeper

Post by NFVD »

Cheers Mr. Handy. The blurb is fine.
NFVD
Keeper
Keeper

Post by NFVD »

And everything is ready to begin. viewforum.php?f=333

Any questions, just ask on the OOC thread.

Return to “... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game”