A Conspiracy of Broken Minds

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

A Conspiracy of Broken Minds

Post by Dave Syrinx »

A CONSPIRACY OF BROKEN MINDS
A play set between 1913-1919
“A dank conical mountain arises abruptly from the broadening plain.
Everywhere else the forest has thinned and the grass taken hold,
but on the slopes of the Mountain of the Black Wind a dark and lurid green forest persists.
Here, the god of the mountain holds sway over nature.”
-Nigel Blackwell´s Manuscript (1916 draft)
From left to right; Imelda Bosch, Bradley Grey, Roger Carlyle, Jackson Elias, Hypatia Masters.
Not the expedition principals per se, more a snapshot of the cast.
The entire cast of primary characters:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
COMING TO A FORUM NEAR YOU in 2015!
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: A Conspiracy of Broken Minds

Post by Mr. Handy »

Ooh, Masks prequel! 8-) Count me in!
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Yes, we're visiting UCL with Roger and Jack, East Africa with Nigel Blackwell and we're partying at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel.
Some changes to the manuscripts have been made, we have a fairer Doctor in Roberta Huston.

Also, the cast is some years younger than when the Masks Proper, supposedly, starts (1925).

Non canon elements will be present, as the choices of our cast may differ from other stories on the subject.

Most welcome Mr.Handy!

I'll be using pre-gens with artistic freedom to the players. The entire cast list is viable for selection.
There will be short description of the characters, shortly.

All this being said, prior knowledge Masks of Nyarlathotep (MON, Masks, 50M shades of Black) is no hindrance nor any form of prerequisite. The play will be a what-if campaign.

:!: As a warning to future players of aforementioned über-campaign (MON) - here be spoilers, yes it will!
But as in all games, the players may have the big picture, the characters don't.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by kabukiman »

I shouldn't. I'm already in too much games. But count with me.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kabukiman, very welcome, friend! A new year, new beginnings!
Gentlemen, two spots filled. As this will play out on a number of different locations it all depends on what characters you'd like to play. What's your interest?

As you are two, so far, which two characters would you have a look at in tandem anno 1913?
TVblog

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by kabukiman »

I'l go for the image, so I choose Nigel.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Dr Blackwell, I presume? Next stop the Congo river. Or at least at a bar talking to someone who actually has been in Congo.
His reputation is not working in his favour. At least not with acadaemia. The public does like his dramatic presentations, though.
TVblog

Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by Cearlan »

If it's after the new year I would like to be considered please ... need to 'get back on the bike' so to speak.
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

There will be several starts of the game as we won't get all the cast set to start directly at the new year. Scenes will start sooner and new scenes may begin later on, so you're welcome whenever you get the time, Cearlan. Which character would you prefer I prepare for your imaginary alias?

The keeper humbly bows to the attending player interest.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'd like to play Erica Carlyle.

I recognize a couple of the character portraits from Gotham, and of course the one at the top of Roger Carlyle is from The Great Gatsby.

Welcome back, Cearlan! If you'd like to take back Valerie Soames in The Shadow Over Dunwich, she currently doesn't have a player, and you're welcome to return. There's no immediate rush, as the endgame won't begin until January. We're still finishing up the planning and equipping phase.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
TheVaultTech
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 9 years 5 months

Post by TheVaultTech »

Anastasia, dibs.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

That gets Mr.Handy in charge of 15-year old Erica at the family estate with school studies and an upbringing to become a strong woman. Carlyle Incorporated has ties to New World Industries (NWI), a company establishing American interests primarily in the Philippines, Cuba, Haiti and Alaska.

Welcome TheVaultTech! You are most welcome to wold-be performer Anastasia. At the start of the play she will be 16 tears old and still living in Kenya.

This gives us a set-up with Nigel Blackwell and Anastasia at the African continent.

Erica, so far the sole cast member at American soil.
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

On the TV-Series, Gotham has some ties to our hobby; an Asylum of Arkham. A character named Lovecraft! And a setting of a pulpy 50´s feel, albeit with cellphones, but still. The Great Gatsby movie is spot on historically. With Roger Carlyle and Jackson Elias as I imagined them reading the script of MON.

The fact that I always thought Leonardo and Milla look alike made Milla the perfect candidate for Erica.

A rugged soldier of fortune in Liam Cunningham, felt right. And as a night club singer, my darker version of Jessica Rabbit was given.
TVblog

Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Syrinx wrote:Erica, so far the sole cast member at American soil.
To try and give the Americans something to do I could be Jonah Kensington ... which would tie in with JE throughout his 'career'. Alternatively I could take either Bradley Grey, Anthony Cowles or Martin Poole. The companion also throws up Walter Van Buskirk, a private investigator hired to find a missing dilettante (now a member of the cult) who was one of the previous murder victims of the cult before JE - Maybe JE found WVB's notes as part of the storyline?

Whichever of the above meets your story's needs the best I'll be happy to take on.

@Mr Handy - Thanks for the kind words. If you don't mind though I'll let Mrs Soames lie for a bit just now - got a shed load happening IRL at the moment, but there is some light at the end of the tunnel you'll be glad to hear (I know I am :P )
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Bradley Grey, suits the situation best as Erica will need a steady hand growing up.With her older brother away causing trouble and their father being busy on the corporate board. I'm hoping we can flesh out the characters more than they are done in the source material.

As for murders, they are not due until '25 we'll see what horrific things will happen before that....

Cheers!
TVblog

Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

A younger Bradley Grey it is then - Steady hand on the tiller - guiding her through the rapids of her foolish brother's misbehaviour.
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Young Erica is grateful for the guidance!
Syrinx wrote:On the TV-Series, Gotham has some ties to our hobby; an Asylum of Arkham. A character named Lovecraft! And a setting of a pulpy 50´s feel, albeit with cellphones, but still. The Great Gatsby movie is spot on historically. With Roger Carlyle and Jackson Elias as I imagined them reading the script of MON.

The fact that I always thought Leonardo and Milla look alike made Milla the perfect candidate for Erica.

A rugged soldier of fortune in Liam Cunningham, felt right. And as a night club singer, my darker version of Jessica Rabbit was given.
That resemblance is uncanny! It makes me wonder if they really are related.

I never gave her a character portrait, but I always envisioned Katarina Iliescu in Zombie Apocalypse as being played by Milla Jovovich.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

PM:s sent with character details. If you need or want to change things, just let me know.

We have two scenes for the start of the play.

#1: In the shadow of Mount Kenya. (Nichonka and Nigel)

#2: The Carlyle Estate, N.Y. (Erica and Bradley)

Both extravagant.
Enjoy!
TVblog

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

I'd be keen on playing Roger Carlyle, if available.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Roger should be off to California for his 18th birthday to take a semester of assorted courses. Off course Jack Brady is in tow.
Young Mr Carlyle is at your beck and call!

A PM is coming your way Shannon. And thanks for playing! (Makes me miss Robin Williams...)

#3: The bars of Callie.

TVblog

Return to “... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game”