Web of the Spider Cult.

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Web of the Spider Cult.

Post by Priest »

Web of the Spider Cult

1936. When you find a dead body in your house, especially one which belongs to a notable explorer, you know it’s not going to be an ordinary day.

A Triple Ace, ‘Daring Adventures’, pulp tale for the Ubiquity Roleplaying System. Best known as the engine for ’Hollow Earth Expeditions’.

“The heroes have been abroad for a few weeks and have just returned to America. Lady Amelia Valentine, a close friend of the group, greets the adventurers and invites them back for a celebratory drink. The adventure begins as the characters approach her front door”.

Yes I'm diversifyng from CoC again. If anyone is up for a bit of 1930s adventure and dering-do, and is willing to give the Ubiquity System a go, then let me know. More Indiana Jones than Dexter Ward, guns rather than spells and natural creatures as oposed to inter dimensional nasties (well perhaps).
Only serious players need apply.
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Web of the Spider Cult.

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'm always up for a pulp 1930s adventure! I've been reading along with Leagues of Adventure, so I'm somewhat familiar with the system already.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

You would be more than welcome. The Ubiquity system is simple, and I'm getting the hang of it. :D
- Anais Nin
CrowTheAlmighty
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 9 years 7 months

Post by CrowTheAlmighty »

Hello there. I have some questions!

1. Is this Mythos?
2. We dont need to use pre-made characters do we?
3. Is this a "New-Player" friendly scenario?
4. Where can I sign up?
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

CrowTheAlmighty wrote:Hello there. I have some questions!

1. Is this Mythos?
2. We dont need to use pre-made characters do we?
3. Is this a "New-Player" friendly scenario?
4. Where can I sign up?
Hi Crow,
1) It isnt mythos orientated, or this adventure isn't. More two fisted pulp adventure in which most of the baddies are suceptable to bullets, explosives and fists. Like I said, think Indiana Jones in 'Raiders of the Lost Ark'
2) There are pre-rolled characters if you wish, or you can create your own as you choose with certain limitations.
3) 'Ubiquity' is not a difficult system to get the hang of, so in as far as any scenario can be called "New-Player" friendly then I would have to say yes. I have been using the rules for the 'Leagues of Adventure' game in the 'Gaslight' section, and can be seen there. The differences between them and the set we shall be using here are minimal.
4) To "sign up" just let me know here and I'll add you when the board gets created.
- Anais Nin
CrowTheAlmighty
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 9 years 7 months

Post by CrowTheAlmighty »

Oh... I'm sorry. I really wanted to join a Mythos based CoC campaign... Enjoy your game

Return to “... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game”