Escape from the UK - BRPG "Fallout" Wasteland post WWII game

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Escape from the UK - BRPG "Fallout" Wasteland post WWII game

Post by royya »

Hi,

I've been running this short game tabletop to my friends and we almost finished it and now I wanted to try it over here.
The main idea of this scenario is alternate future where Germany and the axis won the war. The year is 2020 and the game takes place in the UK. The UK is a penalty island for criminals, refugees, newborn men, horrible mutants (due to bio weapons) of what left from the british, french and others prisoners sent here after the UK-German war in the 1960s.

The game is based on BRPG rules with homemade modification, since Cthulhu mythos is not present the Sanity is replaced with Cyber points- the amount of points a human body can sustain with inorganic cyber implants. Another things is the radioactive points - the amount of radioactive damage one get absorb before dying.
The world is apocalyptic Earth with mutated creatures, automated robots and ordinary humans that quite reminds the Fallout type PC games. It's not cyberpunk, modern or space like game.
I need 4 players, work camp prisoners. Once I will gather enough interested prisoners I post the full interested timeline history and the background.

-Roy-
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: Escape from the UK - BRPG "Fallout" Wasteland post WWII

Post by Mr. Handy »

This sounds awesome! Zombie Apocalypse got its start on No Mutants Allowed, a Fallout fan site. Maybe I could play an older, alternate version of Liz Penhaligon.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Prisoner 471 237 reporting in!
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Mr. Handy ... yeah I figured you'll like a fallout type game. :)
Good. Two players in, I need one or two more since I have some NPCs.
Then we'll be able to open a thread for the game.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Anyone else ?
I can open the game with 3 players ... I will wait a little longer
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by Papa Gateau »

Ok sounds interesting - count me in.
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Great! I'm really looking forward to this!

Roy, when you're ready, I can create a forum for the game. I'll put it in the Other Eras and Settings section. All I need from you is a short text description of the game that will be displayed on the main page, like you see for the other games.

I think the way that makes the most sense for me to create my alternate Liz is to keep the same stats, with +1 to her EDU because she's 10+ years older, and then reassign skill points. Many of her skills would work out to be the same, but there would be some differences.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Great, 3 players. please do Mr. Handy.
The theme of the game is quite different from modern days - for the common people, everything still operates with the green screen mainframes - like the ones in the Fallout game, Higher Technology is restricted to Germans and is not present on the penalty island (as far as you know). But, your Liz can master robots, turrets, computer use and electricity ... (let's say, she worked in a robots factory before she did a crime and sent to a camp.
Wait for me to post the background and the main idea and then pick your character story line.
In my next post I'll write the short text description.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Escape from the UK - Alternate future, post WWII apocalyptic game.

More than 80 years ago, the war known as WWII broke in Europe, now, in the year of 2020 most of the world is a barren wasteland caused by the many nuclear and bio-weapon that were used by the Reich's empire of "Germania" to dominate most of the planet.
You are simple prisoners on the British penalty island that was known in the past to be the United Kingdom. A chance to escape from the terror regime came up, will you succeed ?
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

I took the liberty to set it up as Mr. Handy is offline for a second. Hope it's what you wanted it to look like. I'll edit if you want.
/Dave
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

viewforum.php?f=311
Here is the link.
Hellvis
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 9 years 8 months

Post by Hellvis »

Wooo this seems great!! Let's do this =)

Return to “... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game”