Page 1 of 1

Cold Dead Hand

Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:25 pm
by Cearlan
A Call of Cthulhu Scenario for Delta Green by Adam Scott Glancy - published in The Unspeakable Oath! #23

It’s Monday, August 19, 1991. Yesterday, Soviet Premier Mikhail Gorbachev was removed from office in a coup arranged by hard-line communists in his government.

Protests against the coup are breaking out across the Soviet Union. Nationalist insurgents in the various Soviet republics are declaring independence from the illegitimate “State Committee for the State of Emergency.”

The Investigators are members of a Soviet Spetsnaz, or Special Purposes Forces, unit. They were selected for this elite military service due to their political reliability and physical fitness. After intense training and as much as two years of service in Afghanistan, they are hardened combat veterans. Many suspect that the coup plotters intend to use Spetsnaz units to bully the opposition into line. However, fate has intervened and the Investigators’ Spetsnaz unit has been kicked out of bed for a less political, but even more pressing, assignment.

I am looking for about 7 players to take over pregenerated characters, specifically designed for this scenario. A hard scenario with more likelihood of death and/or insanity than survival - but I just about managed to survive it, though I was left permanently mad as a barking dog when I played it.

Re: Cold Dead Hand

Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:37 am
by Mr. Handy
I'm interested in playing in this.

Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:59 am
by DrPeterson
Count me in!

Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:45 pm
by kabukiman
I'm in.

Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:37 pm
by Cearlan
When I played in this there were 5 players and a keeper. 3 survived, more through good luck than good management by the players - myself included, but only one had any SAN left.

Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:42 pm
by Cearlan
Would you all be willing to run two characters?

Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:22 pm
by Kadael
High chance of death and/or insanity? :o

I'm in.

Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:33 pm
by Cearlan
Well if we can interest one more I'll run the game with 5. The scenario has backup characters in case of death and / or insanity

So far we have Mr Handy, Kabukiman, Dr Peterson and Kadel. All experienced players which can only be a good thing.

Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:46 am
by Priest
I'm Holding up my hand for this too. "Me, me,me"

Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:14 pm
by Cearlan
Excellent - that'll do for a start. There is still room for one or two more if they want to join in as well - how flexible am I???

Well this game will not have any punches pulled - it is deadly and SAN-blasting. The interplay between the characters can be fairly intense at times.

Could you set up the requisite forum in 'Modern Era' for me Mr Handy please - thanks in advance.

The characters available are as follows;

Kapitan (Captain) Sergei Borisovich Kozlov - Ruthless leader
Starshiy Leytenant (Senior Lieutenant) Ivan Pavlovich Babenko - Bigoted Radio man
Praporshchik (Warrant Officer) Vladimir Olegovich Kriptoshenko - Dangerous Medic
Praporshchik (Warrant Officer) Nikolay Vladimirovich Korovin - Demolition Man
Praporshchik (Warrant Officer) Vitaly Vasilyevich Sirko - Soldier with a plan
Praporshchik (Warrant Officer) Andrey Alexandrovich Melnikov - Machine Gun Junkie
Praporshchik (Warrant Officer) Viktor Sergeyevich Muradov - Faithful Marksman

Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:42 am
by Mr. Handy
I'll just need a text blurb, like you see for the other games on the front page.

I'd like to play Viktor, please.

Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:02 am
by Kadael
I am very interested in this dangerous medic Vladimir. 8-)

Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:24 am
by Priest
If I may, I'd like Praporshchik (Warrant Officer) Andrey Alexandrovich Melnikov - Machine Gun Junkie :?

Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:16 pm
by kabukiman
For me Korovin, the demolition man.

Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:29 pm
by Cearlan
Here you go Mr Handy - in red (well it in set in the heart of Holy Russia I guess ;-)

"It’s Monday, August 19, 1991. Yesterday, Soviet Premier Mikhail Gorbachev was removed from office in a coup arranged by hard-line communists in his government.

Protests against the coup are breaking out across the Soviet Union. Nationalist insurgents in the various Soviet republics are declaring independence from the illegitimate “State Committee for the State of Emergency.”

The Investigators are members of a Soviet Spetsnaz, or Special Purposes Forces, unit. They were selected for this elite military service due to their political reliability and physical fitness. After intense training and as much as two years of service in Afghanistan, they are hardened combat veterans. Many suspect that the coup plotters intend to use Spetsnaz units to bully the opposition into line. However, fate has intervened and the Investigators’ Spetsnaz unit has been kicked out of bed for a less political, but even more pressing, assignment."

So far we have;-

Dr Peterson ... Kapitan (Captain) Sergei Borisovich Kozlov - Ruthless leader
... Starshiy Leytenant (Senior Lieutenant) Ivan Pavlovich Babenko - Bigoted Radio man
Kadael ... Praporshchik (Warrant Officer) Vladimir Olegovich Kriptoshenko - Dangerous Medic
Kabukiman ... Praporshchik (Warrant Officer) Nikolay Vladimirovich Korovin - Demolition Man
... Praporshchik (Warrant Officer) Vitaly Vasilyevich Sirko - Soldier with a plan
Priest ... Praporshchik (Warrant Officer) Andrey Alexandrovich Melnikov - Machine Gun Junkie
Mr Handy ... Praporshchik (Warrant Officer) Viktor Sergeyevich Muradov - Faithful Marksman

Dr Peterson - would you be willing to take one of the officers please - don't matter which one - (just looking for a fall guy when it all goes south is all - only kidding - honest)

Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:00 pm
by DrPeterson
Gladly, though I don't do so without a warning concerning my past experience with playing officers. Doubtless, we all remember how the unfortunate and late captain Parkhurst ended as Shoggoth kebab.

Maybe this one will do better :)

I'll take Sergei Borisovich

Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:31 am
by Mr. Handy
All set! The forum is here.