Cold Dead Hand

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Cold Dead Hand

Post by Cearlan »

A Call of Cthulhu Scenario for Delta Green by Adam Scott Glancy - published in The Unspeakable Oath! #23

It’s Monday, August 19, 1991. Yesterday, Soviet Premier Mikhail Gorbachev was removed from office in a coup arranged by hard-line communists in his government.

Protests against the coup are breaking out across the Soviet Union. Nationalist insurgents in the various Soviet republics are declaring independence from the illegitimate “State Committee for the State of Emergency.”

The Investigators are members of a Soviet Spetsnaz, or Special Purposes Forces, unit. They were selected for this elite military service due to their political reliability and physical fitness. After intense training and as much as two years of service in Afghanistan, they are hardened combat veterans. Many suspect that the coup plotters intend to use Spetsnaz units to bully the opposition into line. However, fate has intervened and the Investigators’ Spetsnaz unit has been kicked out of bed for a less political, but even more pressing, assignment.

I am looking for about 7 players to take over pregenerated characters, specifically designed for this scenario. A hard scenario with more likelihood of death and/or insanity than survival - but I just about managed to survive it, though I was left permanently mad as a barking dog when I played it.
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Cold Dead Hand

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'm interested in playing in this.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Count me in!
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by kabukiman »

I'm in.
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

When I played in this there were 5 players and a keeper. 3 survived, more through good luck than good management by the players - myself included, but only one had any SAN left.
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Would you all be willing to run two characters?
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Post by Kadael »

High chance of death and/or insanity? :o

I'm in.
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Well if we can interest one more I'll run the game with 5. The scenario has backup characters in case of death and / or insanity

So far we have Mr Handy, Kabukiman, Dr Peterson and Kadel. All experienced players which can only be a good thing.
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Priest »

I'm Holding up my hand for this too. "Me, me,me"
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Excellent - that'll do for a start. There is still room for one or two more if they want to join in as well - how flexible am I???

Well this game will not have any punches pulled - it is deadly and SAN-blasting. The interplay between the characters can be fairly intense at times.

Could you set up the requisite forum in 'Modern Era' for me Mr Handy please - thanks in advance.

The characters available are as follows;

Kapitan (Captain) Sergei Borisovich Kozlov - Ruthless leader
Starshiy Leytenant (Senior Lieutenant) Ivan Pavlovich Babenko - Bigoted Radio man
Praporshchik (Warrant Officer) Vladimir Olegovich Kriptoshenko - Dangerous Medic
Praporshchik (Warrant Officer) Nikolay Vladimirovich Korovin - Demolition Man
Praporshchik (Warrant Officer) Vitaly Vasilyevich Sirko - Soldier with a plan
Praporshchik (Warrant Officer) Andrey Alexandrovich Melnikov - Machine Gun Junkie
Praporshchik (Warrant Officer) Viktor Sergeyevich Muradov - Faithful Marksman
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'll just need a text blurb, like you see for the other games on the front page.

I'd like to play Viktor, please.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Post by Kadael »

I am very interested in this dangerous medic Vladimir. 8-)
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Priest »

If I may, I'd like Praporshchik (Warrant Officer) Andrey Alexandrovich Melnikov - Machine Gun Junkie :?
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by kabukiman »

For me Korovin, the demolition man.
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Here you go Mr Handy - in red (well it in set in the heart of Holy Russia I guess ;-)

"It’s Monday, August 19, 1991. Yesterday, Soviet Premier Mikhail Gorbachev was removed from office in a coup arranged by hard-line communists in his government.

Protests against the coup are breaking out across the Soviet Union. Nationalist insurgents in the various Soviet republics are declaring independence from the illegitimate “State Committee for the State of Emergency.”

The Investigators are members of a Soviet Spetsnaz, or Special Purposes Forces, unit. They were selected for this elite military service due to their political reliability and physical fitness. After intense training and as much as two years of service in Afghanistan, they are hardened combat veterans. Many suspect that the coup plotters intend to use Spetsnaz units to bully the opposition into line. However, fate has intervened and the Investigators’ Spetsnaz unit has been kicked out of bed for a less political, but even more pressing, assignment."

So far we have;-

Dr Peterson ... Kapitan (Captain) Sergei Borisovich Kozlov - Ruthless leader
... Starshiy Leytenant (Senior Lieutenant) Ivan Pavlovich Babenko - Bigoted Radio man
Kadael ... Praporshchik (Warrant Officer) Vladimir Olegovich Kriptoshenko - Dangerous Medic
Kabukiman ... Praporshchik (Warrant Officer) Nikolay Vladimirovich Korovin - Demolition Man
... Praporshchik (Warrant Officer) Vitaly Vasilyevich Sirko - Soldier with a plan
Priest ... Praporshchik (Warrant Officer) Andrey Alexandrovich Melnikov - Machine Gun Junkie
Mr Handy ... Praporshchik (Warrant Officer) Viktor Sergeyevich Muradov - Faithful Marksman

Dr Peterson - would you be willing to take one of the officers please - don't matter which one - (just looking for a fall guy when it all goes south is all - only kidding - honest)
Last edited by Cearlan on Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Gladly, though I don't do so without a warning concerning my past experience with playing officers. Doubtless, we all remember how the unfortunate and late captain Parkhurst ended as Shoggoth kebab.

Maybe this one will do better :)

I'll take Sergei Borisovich
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

All set! The forum is here.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death