Terror on the Orient-Express

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
PrBatblind
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Jean-Michel Ricard

Post by PrBatblind »

Oi Fabian,

So you're going to play Jean-Michel Ricard, the sharp-minded, contemptuous French philosopher!

I'm going to post to you a PM with his character sheet so that you could had one last paragraph: how he learnt about Pr. Smith's house probable arson.

Here is how I see thing: during a winter break from Cambridge, he was passing time at Neuilly, in the family house in the rich suburb of Paris, to afford some researches at the Bibliothèque Nationale. The blaze happened on the night of the third and fourth January, and was mentioned in an article of the Scoop on this very morning. Being abroad, maybe deliberately without telephone to keep his concentration, he heard of it only on January 6, when he decided to immediately come back to London to take news of the case, and maybe make his own enquiry.

The best way to introduce him, if you're impatient to start, would be his going directly to Kate's house, who he already knows for being as well a friend of his mentor, and who he knows as well, although in a fuzzy manner, for having many relations that could help understand what happened. For of course he went first thing to Scotland Yard, where Fleming told him the Countess was leading her own investigation.

I suppose the best thing for you should be to read all the Chapter 01: London thread, as well as the Player Handout one, and at last the background of the three other characters - although roleplaying an introduction, or on the contrary eventual commune souvenirs with Kate, could be interesting, too. Even if J.-M. didn't live all the events, Kate and the others would probably accept him easily in the crew, and share information. Besides, he is a very brilliant ma, and will certainly very quickly have a picture of the situation.

As soon as we agree, I'll thumb up for your posting your PC sheet on the appropriate thread, and your starting the game: the sooner the better! :D

What do ya think?
Fabian
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Fabian »

Sounds great! I have a meeting in a few hours but I'll catch up as much as I can before then and I should be able to return to you later tonight.
I have a few ideas of my own but I need to read up on the plot a bit more.
I think it's better if the involved characters have some kinda of prior at least knowledge of eachother. I kinda like roleplaying groups together but it often takes a lot of time. Better if I know at least one of the others and we've all heard of eachother somehow so I wont feel to much as an outsider (mostly fo r my own sake as the mythos and PbP is a bit new to me)

Ill get back to you later tonight. Feel free to add me on msn or icq PrB.
crimsontree
Layman
Layman

Post by crimsontree »

I've sent my character via email. Now I need to read chapter 1. :)
Zephyr
Acolyte
Acolyte

I'm interested

Post by Zephyr »

This sounds like an exciting campaign. I would like to join if you have an opening. I have some ideas for my investigator... let me know if you can fit me in!
PrBatblind
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Zephyr

Post by PrBatblind »

Hi Zephyr,

It seems that Fabian has withdrawn, so ther is still place for a sixth player.

What's your concept? Pray, don't hesitate to ask me there or by PM every complement of information.

Best
PrBatblind
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Our crew

Post by PrBatblind »

To Zephyr,

Maybe it could be of some help, I updated the list of the crew, with, for each player, a sketch of his character.

Don't forget my summary of the first chapter, and Tars_Tarkas will probably send on board his own "unofficial" summary of the plot!
Zephyr
Acolyte
Acolyte

introducing

Post by Zephyr »

Hello people,

I'm about to join the fray with Jack Covington, forensic detective. The character description is up in the Passengers & Crew section.

This is my first time playing CoC online, although I've led a couple of small regular adventures. I'm Dutch (thought I'd make up for the Dutchman who turned out ot be Irish, heh) but currently living in Seattle. For a living, I dabble in interaction design. For fun, I play guitar.

Look forward to joining the investigation. Now, I just have to finish reading up on the story...

cheers
Damon
welsh
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by welsh »

Welcome to the crew. If you are looking for added fun, try Lure of the Nile.
http://www.nma-fallout.com

One man's meat may very well be another man's person-
- Anonymous Cannibal

Return to “... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game”