The Incident on Algol-3 (Call of Cthulhu, 6th ed.)

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
CelestialFury
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

The Incident on Algol-3 (Call of Cthulhu, 6th ed.)

Post by CelestialFury »

Title: The Incident on Algol-3.
Blurp: Investigate the communications blackout with the colony on Algol 3.
Genre: Sci-fi/Horror/Investigative.
System: Call of Cthulhu, 6th ed. Alternate occupations (described below)/Futuristic Equipment.
Materials Needed: Call of Cthulhu character sheets (can be downloaded for http://www.chaosium.com). Percentile dice.
Description: The year is 2356. Mankind has conquered the stars and began to colonize new world. Thirteen months ago, all communications with the colony on Algol-3 have gone silent. You are a member of a team sent to investigate this silence. Your ship, the Integrity has entered the system, and you have just woken from stasis.

Occupations:

Computer Technician - Computer Use, Electrical Repair, Electronics, Fast Talk, Library Use, Other Language, Physics, any one other skill as a personal specialty.

Doctor of Medicine - Biology, Credit Rating, First Aid, Medicine, Pharmacy, Psychoanalysis, Psychology, and any two other skills as a personal or era speciality.

Engineer - Chemistry, Computer Use, Electrical Repair, Geology, Mechanical Repair, Operate Heavy Machine, Physics, any one other skill as a personal or era specialty.

Military Officer - Accounting, Bargain, Credit Rating, Law, Navigate, Persuade, any one other skill as a personal or era speciality.

Pilot - Astronomy, Electrical Repair, Mechanical Repair, Navigate, Operate Heavy Machine, Physics, Pilot, any one other skill as a personal or era speciality.

Professor - Bargain, Credit Rating, Library Use, Other Language, Persuade, Psychology and any two of the following as a personal speciality: Anthropology, Archaeology, Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Use, Electronics, Geology, History, Law, Medicine, Natural History, or Physics.

Soldier - Dodge, First Aid, Hide, Listen, Mechanical Repair, Rifle (Beam), Sneak, any one other skill as a personal or era specialty.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Re: The Incident on Algol-3 (Call of Cthulhu, 6th ed.)

Post by Laraqua »

Ooh, I like it. Can I join? I'm open to any occupation.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, CelestialFury! I've validated you, so now you can post on the game boards.

I'd like to play in this one too. Science fiction scenarios are always an interesting change of pace (I ran one myself not too long ago).

When you're ready to start, let me know by posting here and I'll set up a board for you (unless someone else beats me to it).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Lex_Innokenti
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 10 months

Post by Lex_Innokenti »

Sounds eerily like another game that's just started. :P

I'm game, though!

Return to “... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game”