The Last Express, Take 2

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
Yigcredible
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Re: The Last Express, Take 2

Post by Yigcredible »

I am interested in this! Are there any particular character concepts you are looking for?
"Save during infrequent local scares, only wonder-loving grandmothers and retrospective nonagenarians ever whispered of beings dwelling in those hills..."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

There's always room for more! You can play just about anything so long as it could fit aboard the train - ex-soldier, Nazi, cultist, Deep One hybrid pre-change, newspaper tycoon, muckraking reporter, ad man (create advertising for folks), salesman, newlywed, spy, serial killer, eugenicist, train enthusiast, wayward child, private investigator, detective on holiday whose spent a lot of savings, nobility, occult researcher, medium, etc. There are a couple other players who are / may be interested in this game if you would like to create in-game ties with somebody -- though even that's not a requirement.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Shroudeye
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Shroudeye »

Interested in joining this game. Please can you tell me how you want attributes rolled. I am having a difficult time following what was posted on the last page of this thread.
Dominic Pius, The Last Express

Raymond MacIntyre, The Shadow Over Dunwich

Daedalus Wickliff, The Aquitania

I don't want to see another cop or cookie in my life. I don't know which one makes me sicker
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Fair enough. You roll your stat-line three times and you pick which stat-line you prefer. You can swap dice results within stat-lines but not between them. In other words, your stat line might look like

1. 3, 11, 13, 15, 16, 10 for the 3d6s and 15, 11 for the 2d6+6s.
2. 5, 6, 9, 11, 18, 18 for the 3d6s and 12, 14 for the 2d6+6s.

You could swap anything around from the 1st stat-line's 3d6s or anything from the 2d6s. You couldn't, however, replace that 3 with any number from the second line.

I recommend rolling your EDU as just another 3d6 because then you can simply add the 3 to whichever number suits.

If you would prefer, I'm happy to roll your choice of stat-lines for you using invisiblecastle.com

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Shroudeye
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Shroudeye »

Thanks that would be great! If you would be so kind, Please roll away! I am seeking a well educated character, focused on the studies of Anthropology, History, languages, Occult/Religion, or any such skills associated.
Dominic Pius, The Last Express

Raymond MacIntyre, The Shadow Over Dunwich

Daedalus Wickliff, The Aquitania

I don't want to see another cop or cookie in my life. I don't know which one makes me sicker
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There's still room for up to 10 more individuals aboard the Last Express to make a nice 20 PCs and 20 or so NPC passengers (not to mention staff members). Things are certainly progressing nicely with the myriad of personalities aboard this train thus far.

Return to “... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game”