Machine Tractor Station Kharkov-37

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
tormsen
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 1 month

Machine Tractor Station Kharkov-37

Post by tormsen »

Now I am back and will have ample time in the next few weeks to devote to these endeavours, I am thinking about actually getting some more games up and running. Xianfeng needs a bit more work to get started, but I recently ran the convention game Machine Tractor Station Kharkov-37 and it went quite well. I think I should like to run it on here.

Here is the Chaosium synopsis:
Life for the average soldier in the Red Army is never easy, but it is a better life than for most Russians in the late-winter of 1933. You have a bed, steady rations, and place of security in a dangerous time. There are duties to perform, yes, and sometimes they are hazardous. They are the price you pay for what you have.

But now there are new orders — to repair the telegraph lines at a distant outpost. It seems like a simple task, but you have doubts. Why not wait until the roads have cleared? Why send the Army to do what prisoners should do, even if at gunpoint? Why haven’t our comrades at the station repaired the line themselves? Why are the Telegraph Agency men wearing pistols?

There are horrors enough in the Worker’s Paradise. The new collective farms have failed to provide as was promised, and famine stalks the land. A knock at the door might mean death in the gulag. In distant Moscow there are rumors of a coming purge of enemies, both real and imagined.

And yet . . . there are worse things to be found at Machine Tractor Station Kharkov-37.

Machine Tractor Station Kharkov-37 is a Call of Cthulhu scenario set in the 1930s era Soviet Union. It comes with six pre-generated characters and extensive handouts. It is intended for, at most, a few sessions of play.
The good thing is that it comes with pre-generated characters and should be easier to get going. The bad part is I need 6 players for it to really work out the way it should, though I suppose 4 or 5 would work in a pinch. So if there is any interest, I'll start putting things together.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Machine Tractor Station Kharkov-37

Post by Mr. Handy »

I definitely want to play in this one! I've heard great things about it, but thankfully I haven't seen any spoilers. l'll be away on vacation for a while over the next few weeks, from the afternoon of June 22 through June 29 and from the afternoon of July 3 through July 7, but I should have time between them as well as afterwards.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Priest »

I'd love to play, if I can.
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

Post by Philulhu »

Count me in, it sounds like a really interesting setting.
Arben
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 10 months

Post by Arben »

I should be liking to play this Russian scenario quite much!
tormsen
Keeper
Keeper

Post by tormsen »

I think we have almost enough, two more and we have optimal. I'll start writing the character sheets up soon.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

"Roll up, roll up, you good for nothing peasants. The Motherland needs you! Hey you - don't just stand there like some dim-witted goat fondler, get over here and sign up to protect the Motherland!"

"What's that, tovarisch? You've heard the soldiers are harshly treated? Rubbish! Look at these men - three meals a day and they're fighting fit. And don't forget, the girls love a man in uniform... "

"You'll sign up? An excellent choice comrade! You won't regret it......."

OOC: :D
tormsen
Keeper
Keeper

Post by tormsen »

I'll start the ball rolling then, if Mr Handy or someone want to set up a forum.

We'll just use the Chaosium flavor text.
Life for the average soldier in the Red Army is never easy, but it is a better life than for most Russians in the late-winter of 1933. You have a bed, steady rations, and place of security in a dangerous time. There are duties to perform, yes, and sometimes they are hazardous. They are the price you pay for what you have.

But now there are new orders — to repair the telegraph lines at a distant outpost. It seems like a simple task, but you have doubts. Why not wait until the roads have cleared? Why send the Army to do what prisoners should do, even if at gunpoint? Why haven’t our comrades at the station repaired the line themselves? Why are the Telegraph Agency men wearing pistols?

There are horrors enough in the Worker’s Paradise. The new collective farms have failed to provide as was promised, and famine stalks the land. A knock at the door might mean death in the gulag. In distant Moscow there are rumors of a coming purge of enemies, both real and imagined.

And yet . . . there are worse things to be found at Machine Tractor Station Kharkov-37.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Looking forward to this one :)
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

You should be able to find it now under Other Eras & Settings as I believe 1930s games don't generally go into Classic Era (though feel free to correct me, Carnage_Lee).

Tell me if you need any sub-categories made.

And happy gaming!
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I've seen the Classic Era defined as 1919-1939, so it might fit there too. We can always move it if you prefer. Looking forward to this too! :D
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game”