Agents of Xianfeng (Homebrew Delta Green group)

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
tormsen
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 1 month

Agents of Xianfeng (Homebrew Delta Green group)

Post by tormsen »

Since thumbprince seems to have the NBA handled for now, I decided to raise another idea. Xianfeng is my homebrew group for the Delta Green setting.

Xianfeng has it's origins in a covert war against the Mythos in China during the Cultural Revolution, but deteriorated into a loose network of anti-Mythos fighters viewed as suspect by the government. In the 1990s, however, an outfit operating within the State Administration for Religious Affairs that dealt with the more unusual cults formed and was able to revive much of the old Xianfeng network. It now exists as an uneasy co-existence between a small section of a government agency, and a broader network of anti-Mythos fighters, some of whom are grizzled ex-Red Guards.

More details can be found below:
http://fairfieldproject.wikidot.com/xianfeng

Anyway, this will be ostensibly set in a version of the Delta Green universe, circa 2013. Players can be either SARA agents/handlers, or mostly civilian members of the Xianfeng network. It will be run with pretty much basic CoC rules, with only a few variations. Xianfeng operates in a different way to Delta Green, it is more like a small and somewhat single-minded official core making use of a loose conspiracy of investigators, who are mostly but not all civilian. There is a lot of interest in keeping things covered up and maintaining social harmony, so most operations will involve an Esoterrorists-style veil-out, in which the investigators have to cover up the situation and/or concoct convincing explanations for the people and authorities.

Is there any interest in this? I have a first adventure I am pretty much good to go with.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Agents of Xianfeng (Homebrew Delta Green group)

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'm interested in this. It sounds like a unique setting that really appeals to me.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
tormsen
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 1 month

Post by tormsen »

Well, I will put it on the backburner unless there is a bit more interest, but I'll be willing to run it whenever we get a couple more people interested.
tutunaku
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 11 months

Post by tutunaku »

This sounds brilliant. Color me interested.

Return to “... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game”