Death in Luxor

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
Aliktren
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Death in Luxor

Post by Aliktren »

I am contemplating running a game based on the Age of Cthulhu adventure death in Luxor, this is the first in a series so if I don't make a complete hash of it and we all have fun and finish it then it could always carry on with the rest of the series for which reviews seem to be favourable and make a campaign out of it

Full disclosure : I am new to keeping and playing by forum, but have done a lot of IC roleplaying via forums and have DM'ed D&D games online as well (though that quite a while ago now) ,

So basically this should be a noob friendly game, as I am a noob keeper, and can supply premade characters if you wish or we could discuss making your own....

needing 5 players.... do I have any takers ?? :D
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Re: Death in Luxor

Post by Dave Syrinx »

I´m not playing this one, but I´ll set it up for you. Then you can get some props up and background.
That might get you more players.
I´ve got no doubt that this will fly.

/Dave
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

You´ve now reached the rank of Keeper. The forum is here!
Create threads as you see fit.
If you need a new blurb on the front page or special settings for your threads, I can help you with that.

Cheers!
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Aliktren
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Aliktren »

Gulp! - I'm committed :) - thanks very much!!
Garrett
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Post by Garrett »

I'll play, but you'll have to explain the background to me I've never heard of Death in Luxor.
Aliktren
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Aliktren »

Hi Garrett, this is a 1920s era adventure set in Egypt.

Potential Spoilers...

Age of Cthulhu: Death in Luxor is the first in a series of new adventure modules. This new adventure takes the investigators to Egypt, where madness has gripped the archeologists of Chicago House. Encountering corrupt police, a beautiful Theosophist, and cultists bent on awakening a horror from another age, the investigators must solve the mysterious deaths of Professor Bollacher and his team before ancient rites come to their terrible conclusion.
The rules are based on CoC 5th edition rules.
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months
It’s my birthday

Post by Cearlan »

Count me in please if possible. ;)
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Aliktren
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Aliktren »

consider yourself counted :)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'm interested too. I've heard that the early Age of Cthulhu games weren't very good, but that they get better starting with the fourth one. Even so, I'm willing to give them all a try. I think someone started running Death in Luxor here a few years back, but it didn't get very far before it fell apart. It's in the Graveyard if you want to look at it (it was renamed Resurrection of Luxor when someone else briefly took it over). I had read along at the time, but I don't remember much of it now.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Aliktren
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Aliktren »

Hi Mr Handy,

I bought the scenario yesterday and skimmed it and am in bed with a cup of tea reading the rest which i printed out, there are a few internet reviews which helpfully point out some of the downsides/issues which i will work to correct, it actually seems like great pulpy if horrific fun to me so far, so if we can get 3 more people onboard we can try and make a start, if it transpires its crap i am willing to rewrite or go with something else but i dont think we will need to, my ultimate goal
is not for us to end up in the forum graveyard :-)
Cheers, alik
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Ahhhh, I guess I have to throw my hat in the ring to participate in the excavations. Í´ve been reading the adventures of Blake and Mortimer, so I´m in the mood of some researching.

Don´t want you to have too few players to begin this.
/Dave
TVblog

Garrett
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Post by Garrett »

Hey where do we post our character sheets for this?
Aliktren
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Aliktren »

Return to “... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game”