Abandoned City...

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Abandoned City...

Post by Laraqua »

http://www.englishrussia.com/?p=293

I'm tempted to run an adventure set there in a Russian abandoned city of the present. There are a fair few of them around so it won't necessarily be Chernobyl. The player characters could all be tourists being guided into there when something ... bad happens.

I know we've got a fair few campaigns making requests, I'm not trying to clutter up the forums or try to steal any of the players - psst: go for Coffeedemon's campaign, it'll be awesome - and I'm more than happy to wait a few months to do it.

Just figured I'd throw the idea out there and see if there was any interest in something like this. Any number of players would work since this would be an open-world sort of thing where the player characters dictate the action as much as the campaign.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
thewhatchamacallit
Keeper
Keeper

Post by thewhatchamacallit »

I think it sounds good
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

And here I was ready to flinch at whatever witticism you had to throw my way and instead ... a compliment. :shock:

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
gezellig
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by gezellig »

Sounds good? Those pictures are quite chilling...I reckon it would be bloody great.
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by SuAside »

http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/kiddofspeed/

here are some more pictures. they're about bikers visiting the area.

PS: some books, the doll & the teddybear lying outside in your pictures are widely regarded as 'plants' by the tourguides to spike the environment & bring some extra drama. they'd be in a far worse state of decomposition had they been lying outside all this time. (which of course doesnt mean the things inside buildings are any less authentic)
thewhatchamacallit
Keeper
Keeper

Laraqua wrote: And here I was ready to flinch at whatever witticism you had to throw my way and instead ... a compliment. :shock:

For the record- I like a lot of the ideas you come up with :P :wink:
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

For the record, thewhatchamacallit isn't nearly as mean (or witty :P - just kidding) as I sometimes make him out to be. I'm just teasing him and I expect to get teased back by him. Seeing his post, though, made me realise that others might get the wrong idea about him. He's a great guy.

I'll be posting assorted other ideas and concepts up here as I go. Largely because I'm in a creative mood. I believe I'll spend some holiday time creating a rather interesting hand-out with BluEDicE's help. Keep you posted if (hopefully when) I do that.

thewhatchamacallit
Keeper
Keeper

Now your just pandering to save Jackie :lol:
gezellig
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by gezellig »

SuAside wrote: PS: some books, the doll & the teddybear lying outside in your pictures are widely regarded as 'plants' by the tourguides to spike the environment & bring some extra drama. they'd be in a far worse state of decomposition had they been lying outside all this time. (which of course doesnt mean the things inside buildings are any less authentic)

Man - I live in a place that was part of Australia's 1850s goldrush (which has been great for localised scenarios...) but, now I want to go to a couple of the abandoned mine/village sites in the forests around here and start planting strange objects...not for tourism purposes - just to freak people out a bit. :twisted:
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

if you're an aussie, could you explain where you got your nick from?
gezellig
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by gezellig »

Yeah. I write. I interviewed a dutch couple once, did a story on their life for Immigration Museum...anyway there was this photo of their wedding, in Vienna, before the war it was snowing and they were in a horse-drawn carriage. They said the moment was "gezellig" (pronounced 'ha-zela' I believe) - there was no specific english translation, but they described it as 'atmosphere that knows no time'. Bloody gorgeous.

I've been obsessed with the term ever since. We live on 10 acres of bush in country Victoria - it is our gezellig.

So - there you go. The story behind my nick.
Carcosannoble
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Carcosannoble »

Could you give a set time frame?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The setting would be about 2006. Not sure where I'll be setting it. Might set it in either Russia or even America (though the latter will need some alternate worlding, it'll obviously hint at some interesting issues and will allow me to have a redneck tourist agency). If you meant when I'd start it, I'd say not this month anyway. Likely February.

Carcosannoble
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Carcosannoble »

Great, thanks.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Why'd ya wanna know?

Carcosannoble
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Carcosannoble »

Probably because it has a great mood to it.
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

gezellig wrote: Yeah. I write. I interviewed a dutch couple once, did a story on their life for Immigration Museum...anyway there was this photo of their wedding, in Vienna, before the war it was snowing and they were in a horse-drawn carriage. They said the moment was "gezellig" (pronounced 'ha-zela' I believe) - there was no specific english translation, but they described it as 'atmosphere that knows no time'. Bloody gorgeous.

I've been obsessed with the term ever since. We live on 10 acres of bush in country Victoria - it is our gezellig.

So - there you go. The story behind my nick.

i could've guessed the dutchies were involved... they've got something with the word.

for us it just means: pleasant, calm, quaint,...

a weird nick to use on a CoC forum to say the least :twisted:
gezellig
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by gezellig »

weird, yes. it has just become my standard login...you have so many these days...I always forget unless they are the same.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

This game won't be run for awhile yet. It's mutated more then a little and needs a lot of story boarding. I may run it once The Last Express is over, either as I originally thought of it, with as many players as who want to play it, or how I'm leaning towards now, with only 2-4 players due to the, well, new physical constraints. :lol:

Regardless, this kinda game is gonna require me to brush up on my Keeping skills a fair bit before I run it. Currently, there's no way I could pull it off. But in future... :twisted:

Return to “... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game”