African Adventures

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
cthulhufhtagn
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

African Adventures

Post by cthulhufhtagn »

Looking for 3-6 players for various adventures in Africa, starting in northern Africa. The campaign will begin and end in Arkham, but the overwhelming majority of the time will be spent in various locations in Africa.

1920's, Call of Cthulhu normal rulesystem. The campaign will be a mixture of home-made and published scenarios.

I'll need investigator backgrounds. In addition, we'll have to (you can, or I will) establish some connection (he'd have to trust your investigator) between your investigator and Grant Schmidt, an elderly, well-to-do, explorer/photographer who earned his fame exploring parts of Africa where few outsiders have been. His parents were native German aristocrats who moved to America for reasons unknown.

Thanks!
cthulhufhtagn
Layman
Layman

Re: African Adventures

Post by cthulhufhtagn »

OK, we have one so far.
runningfromcthulhu
Layman
Layman

Post by runningfromcthulhu »

I'm interested.
Pickman37
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 12 years 3 months

Post by Pickman37 »

What kind of posting rate per week are you expecting? I may have an open spot...
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by aine »

I'm able to post 3/4 times a week and fancy a bit o' jungle-bashing so let me know if you need another player.
cthulhufhtagn
Layman
Layman

Post by cthulhufhtagn »

The posting frequency will depend on the players. I'm able to post at the most 2-3 times per day. If we don't get any more takers soon, I'll get this started. In the meantime, does anyone have any questions? Also, for those who haven't given me character info, do you want to provide that?
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by royya »

I'm interested as another game I play in went into a long hold so I can play in a new game.
I'm trying to post 1 or 2 posts per day but there are rare times when I post 1 per two days
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

cthulhufhtagn , I sent you a pm regarding characters but I don't know if it got sent properly. Let me know if not. Do you want rolled characters or just backgrounds?
Pyratani
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 12 years 1 month

Post by Pyratani »

I'd be glad to join in if there's still room.... I'm a little new to this site, but I've played quite a few Cthulhu games on RPol...
Pickman37
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 12 years 3 months

Post by Pickman37 »

For a character, I'm looking at either an anthropologist, studying ancient African tribes, or a Hollywood actor, on the verge of a breakdown from fame, and looking at taking a sabbatical in Africa to do research for his next role (A method-type actor who takes his art too seriously or is he going up river like a Kurtz-like character?). Anyways, leaning towards the latter.... :D
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

I'm interested in playing either a big-game hunter who has guided Grant Schmidt on a previous expedition. He knows Africa well but would be out of place in Arkham. Or Schmidt's young niece who is a photographer/archeologist type and assists him with his work. I think I'd like the first one slightly more than the niece.
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by royya »

I think I will take the role of a simple porter. A big athletic man with high STR.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
innsmouth
Adept
Adept

Post by innsmouth »

I've taken Grant Schmidt's photographer niece already :D
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

In that case, R. P. Jerome, Great White Hunter, at your service.
innsmouth
Adept
Adept

Post by innsmouth »

Elsie Schmidt, ambitious young photographer. Pleased to meet you.

Return to “... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game”