Page 1 of 1

African Adventures

Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 5:18 pm
by cthulhufhtagn
Looking for 3-6 players for various adventures in Africa, starting in northern Africa. The campaign will begin and end in Arkham, but the overwhelming majority of the time will be spent in various locations in Africa.

1920's, Call of Cthulhu normal rulesystem. The campaign will be a mixture of home-made and published scenarios.

I'll need investigator backgrounds. In addition, we'll have to (you can, or I will) establish some connection (he'd have to trust your investigator) between your investigator and Grant Schmidt, an elderly, well-to-do, explorer/photographer who earned his fame exploring parts of Africa where few outsiders have been. His parents were native German aristocrats who moved to America for reasons unknown.

Thanks!

Re: African Adventures

Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:27 pm
by cthulhufhtagn
OK, we have one so far.

Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 3:06 am
by runningfromcthulhu
I'm interested.

Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 5:48 am
by Pickman37
What kind of posting rate per week are you expecting? I may have an open spot...

Posted: Sun May 27, 2012 1:10 am
by aine
I'm able to post 3/4 times a week and fancy a bit o' jungle-bashing so let me know if you need another player.

Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:11 am
by cthulhufhtagn
The posting frequency will depend on the players. I'm able to post at the most 2-3 times per day. If we don't get any more takers soon, I'll get this started. In the meantime, does anyone have any questions? Also, for those who haven't given me character info, do you want to provide that?

Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:33 pm
by royya
I'm interested as another game I play in went into a long hold so I can play in a new game.
I'm trying to post 1 or 2 posts per day but there are rare times when I post 1 per two days

Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:07 pm
by aine
cthulhufhtagn , I sent you a pm regarding characters but I don't know if it got sent properly. Let me know if not. Do you want rolled characters or just backgrounds?

Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:49 pm
by Pyratani
I'd be glad to join in if there's still room.... I'm a little new to this site, but I've played quite a few Cthulhu games on RPol...

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:07 am
by Pickman37
For a character, I'm looking at either an anthropologist, studying ancient African tribes, or a Hollywood actor, on the verge of a breakdown from fame, and looking at taking a sabbatical in Africa to do research for his next role (A method-type actor who takes his art too seriously or is he going up river like a Kurtz-like character?). Anyways, leaning towards the latter.... :D

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:13 am
by aine
I'm interested in playing either a big-game hunter who has guided Grant Schmidt on a previous expedition. He knows Africa well but would be out of place in Arkham. Or Schmidt's young niece who is a photographer/archeologist type and assists him with his work. I think I'd like the first one slightly more than the niece.

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:01 pm
by royya
I think I will take the role of a simple porter. A big athletic man with high STR.

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:53 pm
by innsmouth
I've taken Grant Schmidt's photographer niece already :D

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:13 pm
by aine
In that case, R. P. Jerome, Great White Hunter, at your service.

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:14 pm
by innsmouth
Elsie Schmidt, ambitious young photographer. Pleased to meet you.