Masque of the Red Death (Gaslight, D20)

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
Carcosannoble
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Masque of the Red Death (Gaslight, D20)

Post by Carcosannoble »

Hello Friends,

I would like to run a game taking place in the alternate earth setting of Masque of the Red Death! You need not the handbook nor need any knowledge of Ravenloft to participate. The story will center around a small group of people who have become aquainted with each other by way of an international secret society, some will be members of said society and others will be trying to take advantage, puzzle, or infiltrate it. In the end the PC's find that there may be things going on of great historical importance, and if they don't hurry, their inaction could doom the world. Character concepts will be accepted through PM, I am looking for 4-6 players. After recieving your concept I will create a basic character sheet, which I will send back to the player for final treatment (assigning extra skill points, feats, ect). This will be an epic campaign starting at 3rd level and ending 17-20th level.

Your Once and Future Keeper,
-CN

(note: I know this isn't directly CoC, but it is in the tradition there of.)
PrBatblind
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 18 years 6 months

Post by PrBatblind »

Damn it, it looks terrific! Furthermore, I read anew Bram Stocker’s Dracula in the original… And I’m very fond of Victoriana and Sherlock-related stuff… Plus I started RPG with AD&D – at the time translation didn’t even exist – and I still have the reflex, twenty years later, to throw a twenty-side die each time I want to deliver a blow… I’ll never have time enough to play your game, but it sounds gorgeous.
Does the title of this Ravenloft-based TSR system come from Poe’s short story?
Carcosannoble
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Carcosannoble »

Thanks for the vote of confidence! I'm pretty sure the title has something to do with poe's story, but it's really named after the horrible being native to ravenloft that now makes it's home here on Earth.

Return to “... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game”