New to it all - Thinking of trying it out

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
Kallisto73
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years

New to it all - Thinking of trying it out

Post by Kallisto73 »

Dear All,
I'm new to playing by post, but would like to give it a try. However, I would not feel comfortable to GM a campaign, seeing as I have never done this before online.
So, if there are any people out there who would like to join, I'd run a game from either Great Old Ones or Tales from the Miskatonic Valley (I'm happy to take requests).
If you are interested, just let me know.
I'm in the GMT time zone, and generally, evenings are best, except Tuesdays.
Pickman37
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 12 years 3 months

Re: New to it all - Thinking of trying it out

Post by Pickman37 »

Hi Kallisto73,

I'd throw my hat into the ring but it would be based on how frequent I would be expected to post. I cannot do a post a day at the present time but two or three times a week is reasonable for my schedule. So, my interest would depend on how fast you wanted to conduct the action. Unfortunately, If you're looking for daily action, I cannot participate. Also, I am presently GMT-6 so this may be a consideration as well but may work unless you were anticipating an immediate response. Otherwise, if you do not foresee a problem here, I would be interested and you could put my name on the list. Thanks for your time and consideration.

Cheers!
Pickman37
Kallisto73
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kallisto73 »

Hi Pickman,

no, I don't think I would look for daily posts at all :)
If you like, the two of us can kick it off (I have a couple of scenarios for one Keeper and one Investigator from the "Monophobia" compilation).

Should we try this?
Pickman37
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Pickman37 »

Hi Kallisto73,

Whatever is fine with you is fine with me. If you would like to play one on one that would be alright with me unless you wanted to wait and see if you attracted another player or two. It depends on what scenario you'd like to play. Anyways, I am available if you wanted to start small. I am also new to PBP but the Keepers on the site seem friendly so I'm sure if you need any assistance in posting play-aids, etc., someone should be able to help.

I've only discovered this site recently but back in the day, I only got to keep a handful of adventures in CoC (since I was the only one who owned it and invested the time in reading Lovecraft while the rest of my group was AD&D-crazy :D ) so I'm enjoying the chance to be a player and to use the game more than I got to back then and now especially with fans of the Mythos. Anyways, I'm flexible in how you want to proceed.

Unfortunately, I am presently integrating myself into "The Escape From Innsmouth" adventure this weekend so I could start sometime by the middle of next week if you'd like. Once the character is rolled, we should be able to move along fairly well.

Anyways, let me know what you think.

Cheers!
Pickman37
Kallisto73
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kallisto73 »

Hi Pickman,

this is fine with me. Since I have neever "Kept" online, I think we should go with a one-on-one.
I will talk to the keepers to see how to set up the thread (it seems that invisible castle is how they roll and post rolls, but I'm happy for both of us to roll offline and just add the result to the thread by typing it in).
The era is 1920s, so, you can take any character from that era (if you have your Innsmouth one, you use that one as well).
I'll get the ball rolling. :)
Pickman37
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Pickman37 »

Excellent Kallisto73!

Sounds good! One on one is fine by me. I'll probably roll up a new character (I need the practice) and it appears any 1920 profession will work (unless you say otherwise) so I am looking forward to this. At best, my character may be rolled and done Sunday or Monday night (Tuesday, IIRC, was not good for you) but I'll be ready for Wednesday if you have it all in order for then (No pressure if you need time).I look forward to this collaboration!

Invisible Castle is an excellent resource and I highly recommend it! And it's still free to sign up as far as I know...

F.Y.I. if you like...I started in Zombie Apocalypse (Mr.Handy - Keeper) and the Rules and Guidelines thread in that forum provided useful info for integrating Invisible Castle into text and utilizing the tools (Spoiler, etc.) that have allowed me to participate in joining in on a few different campaigns now (been only three months now) but the info there has allowed me to provide posts with an undisrupted flow of info while conducting rolls, OOC, etc. I'm sure if you snooped around other Keepers' guidelines, you could find additional info but I am really impressed with what they have here so thought I would pass it on. Either way, we can make it work however you want...

I look forward to playing!
Cheers!
Pickman37
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Thanks, Pickman! Glad you found the Rules and Guidelines helpful.

Kallisto, I can set up a forum for your game. I just need the name of the game you're running and a short text blurb like you see for the other games on the home page. You can just post them here in this thread, and I'll set it up for you and make you a Keeper on Sunday so you can get started.

I've read Monophobia, and the scenarios are excellent. I haven't had the chance to run them for anyone, but it'll be interesting to read along and see how it goes. I've been planning to convert one or more of the adventures to a solo adventure playable without a Keeper, but I haven't had enough time.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Kallisto73
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kallisto73 »

Hi Mr Handy,
Excellent.

The name of the game is: From Beyond

A book has been stolen and needs to be retrieved. A simple enough task, you think, as you get landed with the job. Or is it?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Thanks, you're all set. Your forum is here (in the Classic Games category). Enjoy!
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Kallisto73
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kallisto73 »

Good evening, Mr Handy!

Thanks very much for setting up the forum. I have visited it and it looks really good. I have one question, however, I don' t seem to be able to post anything :oops:
I checked the FAQs and they advise me to "click the relevant button on either the forum or topic screens."
I can see those buttons in all open forums, and they work for me. But in the one that I'm moderating, I can't see them.
Do I need to activate myself somehow and have overlooked this information?

Cheers, Kallisto
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Hi, I put you as Validated user.
Cheers!
/Dave
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Kallisto73
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kallisto73 »

Syrinx wrote:Hi, I put you as Validated user.
Cheers!
/Dave
Thank you so much.
Can I assume that my investigator, Pickman, can also post now? Or can I validate any users myself?
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Pickman is already approved for posting. Over and out!
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Pickman37
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Pickman37 »

Thanks to Syrinx and Mr. Handy for setting up the forum...

Kallisto73, I'll post in the appropriate forum...

Return to “... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game”