BtMoM Redux - Game Full, Recruiting Alternates

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Re: BtMoM Redux

Post by Anatomist »

----
Last edited by Anatomist on Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Bony End of Story~
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Job wrote:Conversion of ability scores (page 1) - This looks OK. Please roll % dice for each; over 50% gives you the higher of the two numbers, OK?
50/50 chance for str, dex, con, int, pow and app. In that order. (1d100=96, 1d100=72, 1d100=10, 1d100=48, 1d100=80, 1d100=80)
~Bony End of Story~
Job
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 4 months
It’s my birthday

Post by Job »

Mr. Handy wrote:Thanks! I would prefer to create my own character, and I already have my own character concept. I'd be playing another aviatrix, Katie Wright from Dayton, Ohio. Yes, she's related (distantly) to Orville and Wilbur. I'd also rather not have to catch up on the prologue and Chapter 1, which I'd need to do if I took over an existing character. I'd like to read them one day, but I simply won't have time anytime soon.
OK, Mr. Handy. When you post your proposed character sheet, you and I can chat in OOC (or PM) to work on your introduction to the expedition. There will be some "review and approval" IC roleplaying that we'll need to handle from Starkweather and/or Moore, which is always a bit of fun, and this will be particularly fun since your character is female! James Starkweather is a bit of a male chauvanist. :twisted:

Seon wrote:I would also like to have a new player made for similar reasons as Mr. Handy.

I will be Earnest Roosevelt, who is completely unrelated to two Presidents of the United States. He will also be atraveling writer and an explorer who writes a mildly successful series of novels based on his travels.

He would originally be from Arkham.

The only problem is how and why exactly I joined the mess on the ship :p
OK Seon, we'll work this out in the General OOC thread once you post your character sheet. Your character could join the expedition in either Panama or in Australia, but, as I wrote above to Mr. Handy, I will thoroughly enjoy a bit of RP'ing as you run the gauntlet with Starkweather and/or Moore.

Job.
Last edited by Job on Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Job
Keeper
Keeper
It’s my birthday

Post by Job »

royya wrote:Hi Job,

Let me join Mr. Handy's opinion about the BRP rules. You will find it simple comparing to D20.

I think I will create Father Paul James (P.J) Rucker from the begining with the Chaosium rules.I will use the abilities and convert them and to to his professions as a scientist and a cleric but I prefer to assign his skills points all over again.

Roy
You and Mr. Handy are making me feel a bit better about shifting to the BRP rules. Just be aware that, since these will be new to me, you folks may need to gently remind me of any places where I've made a ruling that needs rethinking.

And I look forward to seeing P.J. back in action!

Job.
Job
Keeper
Keeper
It’s my birthday

Post by Job »

Anatomist wrote:
Job wrote:Conversion of ability scores (page 1) - This looks OK. Please roll % dice for each; over 50% gives you the higher of the two numbers, OK?
50/50 chance for str, dex, con, int, pow and app. In that order. (1d100=96, 1d100=72, 1d100=10, 1d100=48, 1d100=80, 1d100=80)
Very nice rolls, Anatomist! I'll look over your updated character sheet a little later today.
Joe.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Job wrote:
Mr. Handy wrote:Thanks! I would prefer to create my own character, and I already have my own character concept. I'd be playing another aviatrix, Katie Wright from Dayton, Ohio. Yes, she's related (distantly) to Orville and Wilbur. I'd also rather not have to catch up on the prologue and Chapter 1, which I'd need to do if I took over an existing character. I'd like to read them one day, but I simply won't have time anytime soon.
OK, Mr. Handy. When you post your proposed character sheet, you and I can chat in OOC (or PM) to work on your introduction to the expedition. There will be some "review and approval" IC roleplaying that we'll need to handle from Starkweather and/or Moore, which is always a bit of fun, and this will be particularly fun since your character is female! James Starkweather is a bit of a male chauvanist. :twisted:
Yes, that should be fun! Katie's a strong-willed woman, so it should be interesting when they meet.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Do you have room for 1 more?
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

BenTheRat wrote:Do you have room for 1 more?
I think he do. There are many prepared characters that seek a player.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Job
Keeper
Keeper
It’s my birthday

Post by Job »

BenTheRat wrote:Do you have room for 1 more?
Hello BenTheRat,

Yes, we have room for an additional one or two players.

Here's a link to the Cast of Characters thread.

I would recommend selecting one of the PC characters who have already departed on the expedition and who are now available because their owners have dropped out of the game. There is a list of them in the Cast of Characters thread. If you select one of these pre-generated characters, it will save a lot of prep time and also a lot of start-up time since they're already on the ship, and on their way to Antarctica.

Thanks, and welcome!
Job.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

I'll take the photojournalist Martin if that's cool.

I'll start working on some of the conversions now.

BTW, for some of your questions, I've never read, played in or seen the BtMoM campaign. I think I did read the Mountains of Madness by Lovecraft, but it was several years ago. Don't remember a whole lot about it. But did want to make that disclaimer. I couldn't tell you anything about it other than it is at Antartica.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Job
Keeper
Keeper
It’s my birthday

Post by Job »

BenTheRat wrote:I'll take the photojournalist Martin if that's cool.

I'll start working on some of the conversions now.

BTW, for some of your questions, I've never read, played in or seen the BtMoM campaign. I think I did read the Mountains of Madness by Lovecraft, but it was several years ago. Don't remember a whole lot about it. But did want to make that disclaimer. I couldn't tell you anything about it other than it is at Antartica.
I heartily approve of your resurrection of Martin!

Here is a link to an unfortunate injury that Martin sustained at a fire on the NYC docks that you should be aware of. This link starts at the beginning of the explosion, and towards the end of the thread that you'll see how Martin bacame injured. Martin has been involved in a few other incidents, but the fire is the most recent.

Also, thank you for answering the question RE: the reading of BtMoM. You are in for quite an adventure!
Job.
Job
Keeper
Keeper
It’s my birthday

Post by Job »

Hello again, BTR,

Not bad! Martin's previous puppeteer played the character as excelling in Dex, Pow, and App, so your rolls are appropriate.

Job.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

sounds good, I put the full character in the character section.

1 suggestion might be a very brief overview of everything important that has happened up to now. So we are all on the same page. Just a thought.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Job
Keeper
Keeper
It’s my birthday

Post by Job »

BenTheRat wrote:1 suggestion might be a very brief overview of everything important that has happened up to now. So we are all on the same page. Just a thought.
Yes, I plan to post campaign summaries, but "important" might mean something different for a Keeper as opposed to a player. :twisted: I haven't yet had enough time to get everything moved over, but it's starting to take shape.

Here's a link to my summary thread on EnWorld; when I've finished my migration of the BtMoM campaign to our Play@YSDC site, you'll see something very similar to this, although I expect that it'll be a better organized and a little simpler to navigate the lists since Play@YSDC has more powerful tools to organize and present the information.

Job.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

My favorite thread @EnWorld :) lot of stuff right there.
~Bony End of Story~
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Oh..I forgot to make the conversion rolls when I created the character, here they are:
Conversion D20 to BRP Str, Con, Dex, Int, App, Siz (1d100=96, 1d100=48, 1d100=9, 1d100=1, 1d100=84, 1d100=94)

EDIT: I took Siz instead of Pow.
So the 94 is for Pow, not for Siz
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Job
Keeper
Keeper
It’s my birthday

Post by Job »

The BtMoM expedition has now reached its capacity. We will have a total of 6 players.

If any readers of this thread would like to join as an alternate player (i.e. would join the expedition if a player character must drop out for RL reasons), then please feel free to add your name to this thread.

Job.
jrod
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 12 years 5 months

Post by jrod »

Hey you guys got room for another? I'll take the Doctor if that's cool, i got a medical background which would b applicable!
Job
Keeper
Keeper
It’s my birthday

Post by Job »

jrod wrote:Hey you guys got room for another? I'll take the Doctor if that's cool, i got a medical background which would b applicable!
Hello Jrod,

Thanks for peeking at our game! We already have a full complement of players, but since you're planning on taking an existing character (here is the link to Wade Watkins; I assume that this is the doctor you're interested in), that means that I'll have less work running him as an NPC! Your medical background in RL will be a bonus. Welcome aboard, and...

Good luck.
Job.

Return to “... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game”