The Ninth Planet: Doctor Who Meets CoC in the 22nd Century

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

The Ninth Planet: Doctor Who Meets CoC in the 22nd Century

Post by Mr. Handy »

The Ninth Planet is the second adventure in a campaign combining classic Doctor Who with Call of Cthulhu. The first adventure, The Terror Out of Time, took place in 1930 London. You may read it if you wish, but you do not need to know anything about it (or about Doctor Who) to play in this adventure, which takes place in 2112 on the planet Pluto. I know it was recently reclassified as a dwarf planet, but that's bound to be rectified in the next century. ;) There are ten new pregenerated characters available in the Character Sheets thread in the game's forum here. They are available on a first come, first served basis. You may select your character by posting your choice either here in this thread or in the OOC thread (The Zero Room) in the game's forum. Surviving characters may become companions and travel in the TARDIS for further adventures. The game is set to begin in early September. Players will be expected to post at least twice per week, and I intend to match that pace.

Due to the limited number of personnel on the base on Pluto, it will not be possible to create your own character for this adventure. Any unclaimed playable characters will be NPCs, but will be available to be taken over by new players or to replace your character if he or she is killed. However, once they are all claimed, there will be no more characters available as replacements.

EDIT: All character slots have now been filled, so no new players will be accepted at this time. If any players leave the game and their characters are still alive, they will then be available for new players.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game”