Rome

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Rome

Post by zielonobrody »

I've been doing some reading set in the roman era and Chaosium seems to have published a few books set there, so once The Haunting is wrapped up, I'll be looking into the Cthulhu Invictus books to see what it's all about. There seem to be some scenarios in the Companion, I think I'll start from there. Would anyone be interested? By the tempo of my current game, I'm guessing we should be done by September at latest, so that's when this would be starting most likely.
"Let's eat dung, millions of flies can't be wrong." Valdemar Baldhead
MLKane
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Re: Rome

Post by MLKane »

yeah I'd be interested, when you decide what you wanna do I'd appreciate some pointers on stuff to read to get a feel for when you're setting it, Romans aren't my strong subject lol
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'm up for this! I love Cthulhu Invictus, and I've had the pleasure of playing several scenarios for it that were created and run by Oscar Rios at conventions in the last couple of years. I've played the first scenario from Ripples from Carcosa as well as Blood and Glory, Naufractus, and the first three quarters of The Legacy of Arrius Lurco. Naufractus is the prequel scenario to that campaign, and I expect to play the final part at Dexcon in early July.

I actually ran a (non-Mythos) PBeM game set in ancient Rome several years ago using GURPS Imperial Rome (Second Edition). We got through the first adventure and nearly finished the second before my players disappeared. GURPS Imperial Rome has a lot of good background material that will give you a taste for Roman life, and I've heard that Cthulhu Invictus and BRP Rome do as well, though I haven't read them myself. You might find this thread at Yog-Sothoth.com useful as well.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by yockenthwaite »

I'd be interested as well. I studied the Roman empire as part of my BA(Hons) degree, and the whole classical Roman setting fascinates me. Though don't worry: I've forgotten a lot of the details, so won't be quibbling about facts etc. Looks like a very fun setting to game in.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

i generally read stff that is somehow connected with early christianity, stuff like Francine Rivers and her recent trilogy, or Henryk Sienkiewicz and his Quo Vadis. i'm not very deep in the subject really, there is probably a ton of background I woild need to do. I will keep you posted:)
Casimir
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 14 years 8 months

Post by Casimir »

I'd be interested as well... Ancient history has always fascinated me, and one of my favorite topics of study has always been Rome.
"Horror - the true horror that paralyzes the mind and sears it with nightmares, is never truly healed." - Call of Cthulhu : DcotE
"What is that? Is that a man in there... or something?" - Copper, The Thing
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

If anyone hasn't played through the Haunting and wants to help us finish sooner, I'm currently looking for one player to fill.
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by royya »

I'm interested in the Roman scenario as well ... we have plenty of their ruins over here in the holy land for me to know stuff about them :)
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by kabukiman »

I'm interested too. I'm half italian, and love rome history.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Looking for one more player to fill in in my current game. Drop me a line if you're interested.
Dr. Bloodworth
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 13 years 1 month

Post by Dr. Bloodworth »

I'd be up for some Invictus, too.
Garrett
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Post by Garrett »

Seeing as the last post was in 07 I don't know if it matters but I'd love to play a roman campaign.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I do have plans to have one of the adventures in my Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign take place in Ancient Rome, but it won't be the next one.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Garrett
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Post by Garrett »

thats cool.
Modric
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 11 years 5 months

Post by Modric »

I'm interested in an Invictus game too! :D
MotherHydra
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 11 years 11 months

Post by MotherHydra »

I literally just found this thread and would eagerly join a Cthulhu Invictus game! So if anyone wants to run one....

Return to “... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game”