Resident Evil - In media res

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Resident Evil - In media res

Post by Dave Syrinx »

I know there´s a game in the Resident evil setting already, I´m in it ;). However, I plan to run a full speed scenario about a team of Umbrella operatives on a salvage mission.

I´ll provide a set of pregens but will accept fresh characters.

As with all Umbrella missions - the operatives won´t know what to expect. Just follow the orders of your team leader :twisted: .

Welcome to serve in team Bravo!

Edit: Added a story poster
Attachments
bg1.jpg
Last edited by Dave Syrinx on Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:50 pm, edited 7 times in total.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: Resident Evil - In media res

Post by Mr. Handy »

Count me in! :D
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Sure thing! Now we´ll wait for the rest of the team. I´ll provide a ten day recruitment span.

10th of October the mission starts.
Recruitments are ongoing till 1st of December.

I´ll implement some optional rules from Targets of Opportunity for Delta Green in this mission.
More information on that later.
Last edited by Dave Syrinx on Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Mission synopsis

Five hours ago in the Hive, a top-secret genetic research lab located in the basement of Raccoon City, there has been an alarming situation and in response, the artificial intelligence that controls the complex, known as “The Red Queen“. has sealed the entire plant, killing all employees.

Umbrella Corporation, owner of the Beehive, has sent two of its teams. The first, the Alpha team, penetrate into the complex to find out what happened. The second, the Bravo team, will have to find the directors of the Beehive, the only survivors of the disaster, and retrieve some biological samples the directors have taken with them.

This is the story of team Bravo ...
Last edited by Dave Syrinx on Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

The UBCS

The Umbrella Biohazard Counter-measure Service (or Service Biological Countermeasures Umbrella) is a special secret body created by the Umbrella own to cope with the adversities that may result from the illegal and covert activities of the company. It is a unit of highly trained men and women, from the military environment or trained by the same umbrella, which come into action to contain the effects of Umbrella's experiments in the field of genetic research and biological weapons, to eliminate any trace or "side effect" which may have resulted as a result and "help those affected”. The UBCS sometimes also responsible for the evacuation of cities and towns, and assisting the wounded, when reaction time is critical and can not wait for the arrival of other troops, or in many cases, when one's corporation wants to keep everything under control. Another function of "unrecognized" is the intelligence and counterintelligence, as well as tactical assaults to certain facilities of rival companies.

You, as members of this body, you are specialized in missions that include erasing corporate disasters in the fields of biological and genetic experimentation. You will also be responsible for tactical assaults in enemy territory for the recovery of key personnel (including kidnappings) and classified information.
You are people who know that your work is something illegal and outlawed, and have no moral problems with it. Receive an impressive salary , long vacation at exotic places, but are required to be immediately available, have absolute discretion and a high level of training. They also know that their lives will be tied to the corporation, they can never leave their job, and that there´s only one way out: in a body bag inside a crematorium ...

Alpha Team

UBCS Alpha team was sent to enter the hive through a hidden entrance (a mansion on the outskirts of Racoon City). Its mission is to disable the Red Queen and collect information on what happened.

Note: What happens to the Alpha team is in fact what happens in the film Resident Evil. iIt is recommended to have seen the film before you play this game.

You are Team Bravo.

You have been informed that there are two survivors who managed to escape from the Hive. These are the two directors of the complex. Both escaped through a hidden exit which leads directly to a shopping mall on the outskirts of the city. It is also known that they broke the security protocol, to smuggle biological samples from the Hive.
After four hours, the Red Queen took control of the mall, sealed all exits and isolated all external communication. It also appears that, somehow, she has killed everyone who was inside at the time ...
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

I will postpone this game till 1st of December as I´m writing a scenario for a contest. Handy, see you then and possibly someone else will jump in the fray as the mission begins ;) .
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Bravo Team

Sgt FERRER, Liam .team leader [Played by Keeper]

LARSEN .tech / computers [Played by Mr Handy]
C. L. .explosives / mechanics [Played by Iggy_Pop] (aka Imported Goods)

COLLINS .medic / safety [Played by Richard Maroon]
CRAWFORD, Amelia .planner / logistics [Played by Shanaz] (The player formerly known as Quilros)

HALE .marksman /tracker [Played by Samuraiante]

**********************'

Pick one or create one of your own. I´ll keep updating this thread until December when the proper game thread is opened.
/Dave
Last edited by Dave Syrinx on Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:22 pm, edited 5 times in total.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'd like to play Larsen.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Iggy_Pop
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 13 years 5 months

Post by Iggy_Pop »

Long time no see (Formerly Imported_Goods here), would it be right if I were to join? If so could I play C. L.?

(Shanaz referred me here as we know each other outside of this forum)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Welcome back, Iggy_Pop!
C.L.is yours, just have to figure out what the initial stands for. That´s your first assignment ;) .
During the day, I´ll draft a character outline for you. The full sheet will be available when the game thread opens, closer to December.

@ Mr Handy: I´ve tagged Larsen for you and will send the outline for you to tweak also.

And we will be joined by Richard Maroon, too. He´s in my PM box :o
/Dave
TVblog

Iggy_Pop
Layman
Layman

Post by Iggy_Pop »

The initials wouldn't happen to stand for Caine Lienhoff, would they? ;)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Let´s go with Caine Lienhoff shall we? (Is there a reference to the wink? Is that YOUR real name :shock: . Or just a character from a movie or game? )

Mr Lienhoff
it is. C.L. for short.
TVblog

Iggy_Pop
Layman
Layman

Post by Iggy_Pop »

The wink was just a wink for the sake of it. :P

The name is entirely fictional; Caine being a reference to the biblical tale of Cain and Abel and Lienhoff being a modification of Lenhoff.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Hi!
I´ve added Sgt Ferrer to the characters´ list and he´s going to be played as an NPC.
Sgt FERRER, Liam .team leader, team Bravo

Ever since the team formed, over a year ago, Ferrer has been at the helm. Competent and resolute, he always manages missions level headed. Knowing that he´s meeting up for the mission briefing is assuring and even collecting the mission gear feels like a walk in the park. Hazmat suits and climbing gear... What had the statement said? Shut down of a shopping center and massive outbreak. Well, just another walk in the Umbrella back yard.

A transport helicopter awaits the team on one of the Hive´s fronts, an apartment building under construction. The briefing is held on the penthouse floor, giving a breathtaking panorama over the city of troubles, as of late. Umbrella sure needs some positive media coverage. As you walk in group to the elevators that will take you fifty eight stories up you all feel your spirits rise.

What can go wrong?
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

OK, so we only have Hale waiting for a player to take charge of the point position! (I can NPC her as well if I have to, but I rather not.)
As the name of the game states - in media res - action will already have begun when we start. Therefore the mandatory mission briefing will be posted as ´background information´when the game starts. I´ll provide the briefing in this thread as well, so you know what to expect. Also I´ll send you proper .coc files for your characters. As you all have worked together for over a year, I´m going to post the stats and skills in the character section when the game starts. (You are familiar with each others strengths and weaknesses.)

I´ll take the opportunity to welcome everybody back and it´s great to see that my keeping style hasn´t scared everyone away.
No new faces, only new characters!

Should we end up with a Total Party Kill (TPK), I´ll send in Team Delta, to cover Umbrella´s affairs. But working for UC, you know that for a fact - management never wants any evidence of a failed mission.
Last edited by Dave Syrinx on Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

MISSION BRIEFING

In front of an UC banner, a female director´s clerk welcomes Team Bravo to a formal mission briefing. Sgt Ferrer is nowhere to be seen but it´s not uncommon that he meet up in the chopper when it lifts off.
"Welcome! Five hours ago in the Hive, a top-secret genetic research lab located in the basement of Raccoon City, there was an alarming situation and in response, the artificial intelligence that controls the complex, known as "The Red Queen" went ballistic, sealed the entire plant, killing all employees and visitors.

Umbrella Corporation, owner of the Beehive, has sent two of its teams UBCS The first, the Alpha team, penetrate into the complex to find out what happened. The second, the Bravo team, you have to rescue the directors of the Beehive, the only survivors of the disaster, and retrieve biological samples have been taken with them. No report so far from team Alpha.
We expect things to go as planned. Debriefing by team leaders when the missions are accomplished.

Now, to the specifics:"

The banner on the wall fades away and a wire frame map of a large building appears. Short headings also appear and the clerk starts the briefing.

Mission Parameters:

"The primary parameters are the main objectives of the mission. If not met, the mission will be deemed unsuccessful.
The secondary parameters are optional, only to be met if they do not hinder the primary parameters."

Primary Parameter 1:
"Retrieve the biological samples taken from the Beehive. No data available on these samples. Neither the quantity nor the type of samples are known to us. The directors will have data on the samples. The plan is to first find the directors and with them the samples. To find the directors use the Position Tracker which can detect the position and vital signs Dr. Smith and Dr. Sanchez who both have nano-chip implants. Officer Hale will be handling the position tracker."

Primary Parameter 2:

"Place a charge in the mall to destroy the building. Umbrella does not leave evidence, so you will be carrying an explosive charge on this mission. It must be programmed to go off before the end of the mission time. For the explosion to be effective, the charge should be placed on the ground floor or in one of the basements. The charge will be carried at all times by C.L., the Bravo Team expert in demolitions."

Secondary Parameter 1:
"In the case of finding the directors alive, apprehend and evacuate them for questioning."

Secondary Parameter 2:
"In event you find any civilian survivors - evacuate them."

The directors:

Image Image

"Dr. Carl Smith and Dr. Luisa Sanchez are directors of the complex you know as the Beehive. Both with level 5 security clearance. They escaped from the Red Queen and she sealed the Beehive completely and killed everyone within.
This level five access allowed them to override the Red Queen´s lock down of the Beehive, and gave them access to the mall."

The shopping center:

"This location is also completely controlled by Umbrella Corporation. It is a medium sized mall that was used for delivery of food and equipment to the Beehive. It also served as personnel entry via an underground cargo shuttle. The cargo access tunnel which connects the Beehive to the mall was used by both directors as an escape route.
As a result of the actions of the Red Queen, all entrances of the mall have been closed. The main entrances have security bars down, as have all the stores inside. Elevators and escalators have been shut down. All private areas of the mall, which is accessed by electronic door locks, magnetic type are in closed and locked mode. However, all Bravo Team members carry access cards that open these doors. These cards operate by proximity, you just have to approach one of them to pass the locked mode to open.
Also, the Red Queen has also isolated the mall, cut all communications to the outside. Due to an electromagnetic barrier, it is impossible to communicate to the outside from the inside or vice versa. Once inside the building, the Bravo Team can not communicate with the outside."

Biological samples:

"It was possible to retrieve information that biological samples were taken by the directors of the when they escaped. It is suspected that this breach of security protocol was the reason why the Red Queen sealed the mall and killed all the people that were there. But we don´t have any specifics on what was taken. "

The conditions at the mall:

"After reviewing the last images captured by surveillance cameras of the mall, it seems to be some kind of agent released it began to cause the deaths of people who were there. As communications are gone, there is no way of knowing what happened after that.
Nor can we ensure that the directors are alive. As a result of being high-level employees of Umbrella, both are equipped with biological countermeasures that can help them resist biohazardous agents. This however is no guarantee they have survived whatever the Red Queen has done to seize the directors.
Umbrella has mobilized the Racoon City police, evacuating all the people around the shopping center, blocking the streets leading to it. The official version is an that an Islamist terrorist group is threatening to blow up the building."

The alarm condition:

"All that is known about the alarm status which caused all this is the escape of a level 4 biohazard agent in the Beehive. Apparently, the levels of Halon Fire System were manipulated. Due to the the changed levels all people suffocated from lack of oxygen."

The Red Queen:

"This is the latest in Artificial Intelligence. This mega-computer system controls the hive and even has influence over Racoon City. Five hours ago, as a result of a biological alarm at the facility, the Queen made a decision that no one expected: Seal the Beehive and kill all the employees in it."

Mission time span:

"The disaster must be covered up as soon as possible. Thus, Bravo Team has two hours to carry out this mission. This time frame is not to be exceeded. I repeat, it is not to be exceeded."

Point of entry and extraction:

"Entry by the roof of the mall. Air transport will get you there and you will leave within two hours. To make the extraction, the team has to signal using the green flares provided in your packs."
She watches the assembled team and adds. "All this information is stored in Larsen´s computer." "Good luck and bring those samples in!"

All gear for the mission is placed against the wall in the hallway outside the briefing room. The sound from a helicopter warming up the engines can be heard from above. Standard procedure is to gear up before entering the transport and to check that all equipment is operational.

OOC:
You may talk between each other as you check your gear and make your way topside. We´ll handle this in this tread and consider all posting, from now on, to be in character. Welcome to the game and I hope you will find it exciting when it all begins for real!
I just felt I had to provide you guys with something to work with till December.
Should you want to discuss any details about your characters PM me and we´ll handle it off-thread.
Applications for playing officer Hale of Team Bravo are also done via PM, please!

/Dave
Last edited by Dave Syrinx on Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TVblog

shanaz
Layman
Layman

Post by shanaz »

Crawford puts on her digital watch and communications equipment before picking up her mini binoculars. She peeks through them towards Larsen , You are the tech expert, what do you think happened to the Red Queen? She lowers the binoculars and opens her first aid kit to see if everything is there.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Larsen collects his gear too, taking special care with his laptop. "I think the Red Queen is simply obeying her programming all too well," he says. "There is no such thing as a true Artificial Intelligence that is capable of independent thought the way humans are. All computer programs, no matter how sophisticated, can only do what their programmers have instructed them. An emergency situation arose in the Beehive where a biological hazard has breached containment. The Red Queen is programmed to stop it from spreading. Her solution to the problem is a cold and calculating one, completely devoid of human emotion. She has decided that the best solution is to enforce a lockdown in order to contain the biohazard, and then to exterminate all human life in the quarantine area. If this is a virus we're dealing with here, then she must have realized that it cannot survive without a host, so she has taken it upon herself to kill all potential hosts. She wasn't programmed with respect for human life, so she doesn't have any. That means she'll do her damnedest to kill us too."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Iggy_Pop
Layman
Layman

Post by Iggy_Pop »

C.L. glances over his gear and closely inspecting the gargantuan five kilogram C-4 explosive charge. "Haven't been able to play with this much in quite a while," he gleamed "Should be some nice fireworks later." Looking around at the others he pulls out a cigarette and lights it.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Hale
rummages through her gear and extracts a flexible touch-pad screen. She punches the pad and yanks up her gear bag and starts for the door. "Yo, got a beacon, here! They are kicking!" She waves the pad at the others. "Cool, we can order pizza with this when we´re finished!"

The others catch a glimpse of the city map as she leaves the briefing room.
Attachments
Racoon City Map. The apartment building is located south of Park Street.
Racoon City Map. The apartment building is located south of Park Street.
TVblog

Return to “... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game”