Wormhole Observer

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Wormhole Observer

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

(Okay below is a rough outline of a story. The background is simple. A terrorist group known as The Army of God has hurt the US enough that the goverment has been disolved and taken over by a millitary backed cabel called The Directory which has imposed martial law. Our heros will attempt to use wormholes to go into the future and find out where the Army of God intends to strike next so that the US Goverment can stop them in thier tracks. Of course things will go haywire and the group will end up traveling into the past and maybe into the future. I will draw up characters but at this point am looking for about 4-5 dedicated players and there may be room for more. So if you are interested please post below)

Date: May 24, 2015
Time: 5:00 PM
Place: Department of Homeland Security, Washington DC

Professor Martin Brooks of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute stepped out of his cab into the sultry heat of an early DC evening. He was tired having taught that morning and been called down to the Department around noon traveling since then. As he walked into the Department, his eyes caught the latest headlines blaring about an attack by the Army of God on a munitions train bound for Los Angeles. He silently wished that The Directory was able to do something to stop this terrorist group and he longed for the days of democratic elections and not having to carry an ID card everywhere you went. Stepping into the air conditioned building he went through the usual security check and then was met by Agent William Howe of the CIA Directorate of Science and Technology and Captain Neil Strauss of the US Marine Corps. They led him to a conference room, offered him water, and then Agent Howe said,

“Well Professor this meeting is off the record. We have met with several of your colleagues along with reading your writings and the US government is intrigued by your theory of Wormhole Observing. So to make this simple and sweet. Do you truly believe that with the proper government funding you can form a team and make this occur?”

Professor Brooks smiled and said, “Yes I can.”

Captain Strauss then said, “Well then you may be the man we are looking for. We have taken your theories and tried to put them into practice but have not been successful so far. We need you to take a leave of absence, recruit a team, and then with our backing and funding prove your theories. Would you be interested in this job?”

Professor Brooks grinned again and nodded.
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Reclaimer
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 8 months

Re: Wormhole Observer

Post by Reclaimer »

I'd be interested. Will it have a sci-fi feel to it? I'm just asking because I got a kinda Stargate vibe from it.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'm interested too. You might want to either finish up or shelve your current game before starting this one.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

I would guess if you were going to have a tv show to name as a feel it would be more like Sliders

And yes I would shelve my current game. I figure I will try this one more time (yeah I will say that again and again and again :) ) to see if I can get a game finished.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Well, you did finish Weekend in the Country, which is one more game than I've completed.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Yeah but Weekend in the Country was me feeling out my style. This last game is a better game as I have taken the time to get people to know thier characters but I think I took way to long which is why i lost players. So I have to find the happy medium
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Was thinking about the background today.

You have to love a good news story to give you juicy background for your roleplaying game

Background now will include a twist: The Army of God is originally a group of millitary people led by General McClusky who assassinate the President, VP, Speaker of the House, and then declare a millitary coup. However once The Directory is in power they disvow the coup plotters who are either executed or sentenced to long terms in prison to shut them up. Some minor players then form The Army of God which begins terrorist activity around the US.
Thunderducky
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by Thunderducky »

I just joined the forums, but I'd be interested in playing
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

You will be welcome.

I am making characters as I write this. I plan to try to recruit a few more people so look for this game early to mid July.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

You will be welcome.

I am making characters as I write this. I plan to try to recruit a few more people so look for this game early to mid July.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Ok it looks like I got 5 players now so I have one more character to pre gen then I will have Mr. Handy set up a board for me.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

We now have a thread. Tommorow i will be posting character's. First come first served.

Return to “... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game”