Escape from Innsmouth

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
Mister Juan
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Escape from Innsmouth

Post by Mister Juan »

Greetings all!
I've finally decided to try my hand at running a game here. It will not be my first pbp game, or even on these boards, but it will be my first as keeper. So, bear with me ;)

I've always been a really big fan of the "Shadow over Innsmouth" story. After "At the Mountains of Madness", it is probably my favorite. This having been said, and being a "new" keeper, I'd really like to try to run the "Escape from Innsmouth" module. Of course, those of you who have already read or played throught Espace from Innsmouth, I would kindly ask you not to submit an investigator. The game will be set in 1928, with all the basic CoC rules.

I would be looking for a rather small group, so we can get a nice pace going. Probably around 3 or 4 people. So, anyone interested?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: Escape from Innsmouth

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'd join, but I'm already playing in the Escape From Innsmouth game currently running on this site. We only have a few players, as some have dropped out or disappeared. There might be more people who want to get in at the beginning, though. I'll certainly enjoy reading along to see how the other group handles it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Voodoo
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Post by Voodoo »

I'm interested.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by kabukiman »

It will be funny to have the same campaign being directed twice at the same time. Good luck!
Mister Juan
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Mister Juan »

Now talk about embarassing! I hadn't even noticed there was already someone running it!
Casimir
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 14 years 8 months

Post by Casimir »

If you still plan on running this, I'd be interested. I'd prefer to start at the beginning than join an pre-existing game halfway through the adventure.
"Horror - the true horror that paralyzes the mind and sears it with nightmares, is never truly healed." - Call of Cthulhu : DcotE
"What is that? Is that a man in there... or something?" - Copper, The Thing
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

About that, I won't let anyone entering in my campaign, it doesn't make sense to appear at the middle of the story, so feel free to go run your campaign. I'm sure it will be a complete new experience.
rasdna
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 14 years

Post by rasdna »

Hi I'm a new player here, but familiar with both play by post (mostly on google wave) and call of cthulhu. I've not read your module, and am interested in playing a game, be it this one, or another. Let me know if you decide to fire up a game.
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by royya »

Thought I saw the short movie, read the story and familiar with the PC game.
I want to throw my hat into this one.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

I'd be interested in playing too. I played in the Haunting on this website and really enjoyed it. I've been looking for a new scenario to join since then.

Return to “... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game”